Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Redskins Pro Bowl update with 1 week left to vote(merged)

BigDFan5

thought I would let you know how some of the Skins fare in the voting as it stands right now. Thanks to Adam at the CZ

Portis is ranked #5 for the RBs

Sellers is ranked 4th at FB but not many votes out of #2

Chris Cooley is 3rd among TEs

London Fletcher is 5th at MLB

LaRon Landry is 3rd at SS

Sean Taylor is still #1 at FS by a large margin

Remember Fan votes only count for 1/3 Coaches and players will place their votes next week which will account for the other 2/3's of the vote

can anyone tell me the 5 RB's ahead of portis?

and whos ahead of landry? roy sucks but i know hes ahead whos the 2nd SS?

RB's in order

#1 Adrian Peterson

#2 Marion Barber

#3 Brian Westbrook

#4 Reggie Bush

#5 Portis

Atari Bigby is ranked #2 at SS but that wont last through the coaches and player votes

I think we should definitely get Fletch and Cooley. And it is truly fitting that Sean will be voted in posthumously. He was playing as well or better than any DB in the league when he hurt his knee. At the time of his injury, he was not only tops in the NFL in INTs, but more importantly, passes defensed -- the real measure of DB performance.

I have to admit that I'm a bit surprised Landry is 3rd. He's certainly shown flashes of brilliance, and been solid overall, but he hasn't played on a pro-bowl level, IMO. But as a rookie, I didn't expect him too. I do know this, though. If he can cut down on some of the mistakes and silly penalties, he's certainly got pro-bowl potential; just not this year.

I have to admit that I'm a bit surprised Landry is 3rd. He's certainly shown flashes of brilliance, and been solid overall, but he hasn't played on a pro-bowl level, IMO. But as a rookie, I didn't expect him too. I do know this, though. If he can cut down on some of the mistakes and silly penalties, he's certainly got pro-bowl potential; just not this year.

I was surprised, too, but then again, maybe it's because we don't watch other teams as closely.. Maybe other teams have mediocre players at SS?

In fact, I'm having a hard time naming the SS for other teams in the NFC. Adam Archuleta. Roy Williams. Uhhh.. Constintine or whatever his name is on the Eagles?

I was surprised, too, but then again, maybe it's because we don't watch other teams as closely.. Maybe other teams have mediocre players at SS?

In fact, I'm having a hard time naming the SS for other teams in the NFC. Adam Archuleta. Roy Williams. Uhhh.. Constintine or whatever his name is on the Eagles?

That is correct After Williams, Landry and Wilson the NFC SS quality drops considerably

Well he does have more tackles and sacks. Roy has 2 INTs to Landry's 0. But lets keep in mind, Landry played close to the line all year with Taylor playing centerfield.

Landry also has more punishing hits.....if that helps any. :)

yea but who cares about the 2 ints when u give up TD's and teams pick on you the whole game?

Thanks for the update, BigD. :cheers:

RB's in order

#1 Adrian Peterson

#2 Marion Barber

#3 Brian Westbrook

#4 Reggie Bush

#5 Portis

The only one I'd argue with is Bush, because he hasn't done anything this year. But Peterson, Barber and Westbrook should rep the NFC in Hawaii this year - those are the top 3 backs by a long shot.

Archived