Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Crowell released, bring him in?

I don't know that Crowell is really any different than Gardner except Crowell has been consistently hurt. A couple of years ago I thought for sure we'd land Crowell. But, more and more he appears to be Westbrook. Good when fully healthy. Almost never fully healthy.

Provided he can pass a physical, I'd absolutely consider bringing him in. I'd even try to get him on the cheap with a multi-year deal and a modest SB. When he's healthy (the KEY), he's a better option than any UFA with the exception of D. Boston.

On the cheap, Buddha, I can see signing him. I prefer Hilliard as a fit in this offense, but I would be happy with Crowell as a cheap prayer. I just don't think you can count on him enough to stop there. I think you could stop after adding Hilliard.

if the Redskins did not even make an offer to Thompson to keep him there must be something about him that Spurrier doesn't like.

Whether it is work habits or personality conflicts or off the field problems we may not know about, I doubt the Skins would let a guy walk if he is the real deal and a player that is going to be a major cog in the attack of some NFL team in 2003.

I think Bulldog is right, again :rolleyes:, that there is something about Thompson we don't know about. I think the FO believes they saw about all that he had last year. Plus... he didn't necessarily go out on a fond note with about five drops against Dallas.

I'm of the belief that the FO has determined, via filmwork and extensive research of the offensive scheme, that two and only two "possesion" receivers are needed for this offense. With McCants signed and with is apparent upside, the FO has just decided that they focus their efforts and money on a different wideout combination that doesn't include Thompson.

I wish him well.... and I look forward to the new breed of wideout that is brought in to stretch the defense.

I think Thompson probably wants a lot more than the Redskins were going to offer, and Thompson may get more money somewhere else.. like Atlanta (just a hunch)

I wouldn't mind bringing Crowell in for spring training, if he doesn't make the cut he doesn't cost us anything n the cap. Who knows maybe the Skins can find another surprise like with Gardener.

on a related note, the Colts are probably going to release Hunter Smith, a pretty good punter who is still in his prime, I think the skins might want to invite him to camp as well.:)

Archived