Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Trent Edwards on Rome (Redskins Related)

KDawg

I find it amusing that anyone is splitting hairs over who is a 'winner' when discussing the Redskins and Bills, two teams that are on the way to oblivion in 2007.

The difference between these teams was ONE POINT in a game where the Redskins were obviously at a personnel and other disadvantage with the Taylor tragedy.

If he really said this then he's an idiot.

I second your sentiments...complete idiot without the ability to think before speaking.

Saying the two teams were at the same emotional state the whole week up until kickoff is beyond absurd.

HAIL!:helmet:

I believe Everett went home last week. His road is a long way back to even taking care of himself. Everett was also a Miami player. Everett and Parrish I believe were teammates of ST at Miami. There is nothing more to read into this. The Bills have had their own share of emotions.

I second your sentiments...complete idiot without the ability to think before speaking.

Saying the two teams were at the same emotional state the whole week up until kickoff is beyond absurd.

HAIL!:helmet:

What about posting an opinion without considering all the information? What would that be?

Did he say the two teams were at the same emotional state the whole week up until the kickoff?

In his defense they did lose a guy to paralysis (which I think may fortunately change w/time and rehab). Either way I don't think the guy's in any way being callous. Besides this just seems like more speculation which this board is lousy with on a good day. Let it go...

Fellow ESers, I absolutely guarantee you that Trent meant no disrespect to Sean or the Redskins with his comment. I was not able to see Rome when he was on, but Trent was a good friend of mine at Stanford and I can't in a million years imagine him trying to belittle what the Skins are going through right now. Take my opinion for what you will, but after spending time both in and out of the classroom for 4 years with him I have a pretty good sense of what type of guy he is which is to say that he is a class act.

He didnt mean anything by it.......Roscoe and Kevin Everett played with Sean.

This is dumb to argue over who's grieving more, the man is a beast we all know it, and just cause they wear a different color on sunday doesnt mean they feel otherwise.

Long Live ST21

Why do we argue about who was/is more affected? Seriously, are we so callous that we would deny anyone else the right to be saddened or scared by what happened to Taylor? Can we not grow up a little beyond this?

It feels like when I tell somebody I'm tired and they start telling me about all the things they've done to make them more tired than me...That's great. I'm glad you were able to do all of that. I'm still tired. I don't begrudge you your exhaustion. It's probably well earned.

We grieve for Taylor. That somebody else grieved or had other cause for emotional trauma doesn't change the situation at all. Why do we go about trying to compare our grief to others? Does that somehow makes ours more authentic or is it really just mean elitist grief? Seems to me we need to just grow up and be proud that Taylor's life impacted so many and that so many feels for Taylor, his family, and us (the fans).

Don't get me wrong comparing one's emotions to anothers does have a place. It's place is in joking with one's kids, "I love you...no I love you more." That's about the top useful emotional level for comparing emotions between my emotions and yours, between kids

What was that we hear around here about withholding judgement until all the facts are in?

We have some people in this thread that are pretty quick to label this guy based on something someone isn't sure they heard.

Proceed with caution right gentlemen? I think it is something we should have learned over the past couple of weeks

Some guys like to start up meaningless BS and turn this board into something resembling a cheap soap opera. :doh:

Archived