Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Trent Edwards on Rome (Redskins Related)

KDawg

Did anyone else hear Trent Edwards on the Jim Rome TV show yesterday? (He replayed it again today on the radio).

Edwards said something along the lines of:

Yeah, they had a rough week, but we had just as tough a week as they did. We had guys that had played with him. Roscoe Parrish had a 21 on his eye black."

That WAS paraphrased. I went looking on YouTube for a link and couldn't find it.

That said... Edwards saying the Bills had anywhere near the week that the Redskins had was one of the dumbest comments I have ever heard.

I don't know, wanted to see what everyone else thought... or anyone else that may have heard it that could elaborate as to exactly what Edwards said...

he probably was just trying to be sympathetic but didnt think before he spoke. i dont hold anything against him but that was truly an ignorant comment. even if 4 of his teammates played with him it is nowhere in comparison with our entire organization who dealt with him personally every day for 3/4 of the year.

i respect trent though and dont think he was trying to trivialize our pain or play themselves up though.

I have to say that maybe I caught it wrong. And I hope I did.

Although I do admit that I don't think he meant it at all maliciously. He sounded sincere. But he kind of had the old "don't pity them, we were hurting too" sound in his voice.

But I don't know.

Man, I wish I could find that transcript.

Not trying to start anything but he can say whatever he wants. He is a winner and Jason Campbell is not. I mean he's a rookie QB out of Stanford and he beat the Redskins point blank.

Uhm... Campbell has 5 wins this season. Edwards doesn't.

And what the hell does Sean Taylor's situation have to do with Campbell... Or Edwards being a winner?

What was that we hear around here about withholding judgement until all the facts are in?

We have some people in this thread that are pretty quick to label this guy based on something someone isn't sure they heard.

Proceed with caution right gentlemen? I think it is something we should have learned over the past couple of weeks

Not trying to start anything but he can say whatever he wants. He is a winner and Jason Campbell is not. I mean he's a rookie QB out of Stanford and he beat the Redskins point blank.

Come on man! What the hell has he won? Why even go there with Campbell?:mad:

Nobody should really comment unless they heard it themselves. I'll reserve mine until I do.

What was that we hear around here about withholding judgement until all the facts are in?

We have some people in this thread that are pretty quick to lable this guy based on something someone isn't sure they heard.

Proceed with caution right gentlemen? I think it is something we should have learned over the past couple of weeks

Point taken. :)

I saw it...he didn't say it maliciously. He was showing empathy to what our team went through by saying they had players on there team who also knew and played with Taylor. Everybody calm down.

Yeah, I didn't think he said it maliciously either. But it was a dumb comment. They had it no where near as bad as the 'Skins, but I'm sure they had a rough time with it.

Dumb comment thats all... he didnt think about what he was saying at all. To compare his team and what they went through due to STs death to be comparable at all to the Redskins is just retarded. Maybe they all "knew him" Did they all play with him for the last 4 years? Did they all share good times together after a win? Playoff victory? Where were they when he was being buried? Was the entire team at his funeral? I agree Buffalo knows what they are going through but they are not going through that tough time now.

Archived