Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Coach Gibbs' Face on AOL's Front Page

Mark The Homer

It looks as though the end is near in terms of Gibbs' coaching tenure here. I'm still not sure how I feel about it. Part of me knows we need a better decision-maker leading the team and part of me knows that Gibbs will do what it takes, but the question is, how long will it take?

I cant believe that joe gibbs didnt stop that pass from leaving Trent Edwards hands and gaining 50 yds with no timeouts and on their own 30 yd line.

How dare he not generate enough pass rush. Or cover.

How dare he let a safety happen on a horrible effort. I cant believe he calls himself a NFL Right Tackle.

I cant believe that joe gibbs didnt stop that pass from leaving Trent Edwards hands and gaining 50 yds with no timeouts and on their own 30 yd line.

How dare he let a safety happen on a horrible effort. I cant believe he calls himself a NFL Right Tackle.

Hold on. Timeout!! Timeout!!! Ring a bell?

The Redskins are 26-34 so far in Gibbs II, that falls on the coach.

Liked this answer on that page...

Easy to kick people when they are down. Answer these questions.

1. How many Super Bowls has Holmgren won? One.

2. How many for Cowher? One

3. How many for Billick? One

4. How many for Parcells? Two - Only because of Scott Norwood

5. How many for Ditka? One - And lets not forget he traded an entire draft for Ricky Williams when in New Orleans

6. How many for Reid? None

7. How many for Shula? Two - And lets remember he was the head coach of the first NFL team to lose to an AFL team in the super bowl (Colts-Jets)

8. How many will Coughlin win with Eli? None

Sounds to me like a whole group of coachs that people want to put on the "Greats of All Time" have made a few mistakes also.

But I still want Gibbs to Go after this season.

The Redskins are 26-34 so far in Gibbs II, that falls on the coach.

None of that falls on the players ... ? Coaches put the best product on the field they can it is up to the players to keep playing ... blown second half leads are more a factor of the players taking plays off than the coaches preparation... Gibbs doesn't run the wrong routes, he doesnt fall over, he doesnt have the ball bounce off his face guard.

It amazes me how much the fans put on the coach and how much falls on the fact we don't have a GM . There is no magic bullet other than patience ... we have seen this team shut down high powered offenses in Detroit and Green Bay we dominanted the Bucs and the Bill game and came away with losses. We hung with the Cowboys ..all signs this is a team that is on the right track ....but so many want to throw all that away see the likes of Espy, Mix, Betts, Jansen, Springs, Washington, ARE, Moss, Sellers, Cartwright, Heyer, Smoot all be swept out with him as the coaches new broom sweeps clean. You want to see another promising QB have his career stunted by a new offensive plan, another promising DB walk out of town because he is fustrated by the constant change...

..it sickens me and to be calling for Gibbs head this week of all weeks just makes it all the sadder

I just try to keep things in perspective.

I would rather be a Skins fan than a 49er's fan right now. The Danny isnt out there, so what is their excuse?

Or the Raiders.

I mention these two teams beacause they have a legacy that is pretty close to ours. Dominated in the 80's-90's. Considered one of the great franchises. Not much going on now to cheer about. Sounds a lot like our team.

But I would be a current skins fan over any of those team.

None of that falls on the players ... ? Coaches put the best product on the field they can it is up to the players to keep playing ... blown second half leads are more a factor of the players taking plays off than the coaches preparation... Gibbs doesn't run the wrong routes, he doesnt fall over, he doesnt have the ball bounce off his face guard.

It amazes me how much the fans put on the coach and how much falls on the fact we don't have a GM . There is no magic bullet other than patience ... we have seen this team shut down high powered offenses in Detroit and Green Bay we dominanted the Bucs and the Bill game and came away with losses. We hung with the Cowboys ..all signs this is a team that is on the right track ....but so many want to throw all that away see the likes of Espy, Mix, Betts, Jansen, Springs, Washington, ARE, Moss, Sellers, Cartwright, Heyer, Smoot all be swept out with him as the coaches new broom sweeps clean. You want to see another promising QB have his career stunted by a new offensive plan, another promising DB walk out of town because he is fustrated by the constant change...

..it sickens me and to be calling for Gibbs head this week of all weeks just makes it all the sadder

:applause: :cheers:

Dude, get a grip. While nobody is saying Gibbs is 100% of the problem, if you are happy with game time management of the Skins, you must really have the bar set low.

Dude, get a grip. While nobody is saying Gibbs is 100% of the problem, if you are happy with game time management of the Skins, you must really have the bar set low.

Dude get a grip

Time management pales in comparison to Player execution.

We did not lose our last game due to time management. We lost cause when the chips are down our players DONT EXECUTE.

I dont know if its coaching, or lack of heart or conditioning or what. We fall flat on our faces come the end of the 4th Quarter. And we have ALL season long.

Coach is not perfect and he has made some greivous decisions in the stretch many, many times over the past few seasons but coaching has nothing to do with the O_line not protecting, the secondary giving up 40 yard passes with 30 seconds left or JC throwing game losing interceptions in the end zone (Dallas & Tampa).

Coach gets way too conservative way too early when in the lead but he cant be faulted for all of the collapses, not even half.

It may be time for a change (although I hope he's still here next year) but give him a break.

Coach is not perfect and he has made some greivous decisions in the stretch many, many times over the past few seasons but coaching has nothing to do with the O_line not protecting, the secondary giving up 40 yard passes with 30 seconds left or JC throwing game losing interceptions in the end zone (Dallas & Tampa).

Coach gets way too conservative way too early when in the lead but he cant be faulted for all of the collapses, not even half.

It may be time for a change (although I hope he's still here next year) but give him a break.

You're right. But I also think morale plays a part in the players poor performance.

Football is like war. Generals lead their soldiers into battle and have them do the fighting. If soldiers don't believe that the General has faith in them, they will likely be defeated before they even step on the battlefield.

Gibbs doesn't show faith in his players. He rellies on the clock and praying to end a game. The players feel that they are not good enough to stop the other team, and then every thing goes to ****.

you've got to put games away late....they moved the ball well all game....how do you give them another chance....how do you not at least make an attempt to get the first down...you know they will have to throw the ball to get into field goal range....your BEST player (by a long shot)/safety was brutally gunned down and is not, nor will ever play again. YOU PLAY THE GAME TO WIN THE F**KING GAME. IM SICK OF THIS ATTITUDE OF JUST DOING ENOUGH TO GET BY.

you've got to put games away late....they moved the ball well all game....how do you give them another chance....how do you not at least make an attempt to get the first down...you know they will have to throw the ball to get into field goal range....your BEST player (by a long shot)/safety was brutally gunned down and is not, nor will ever play again. YOU PLAY THE GAME TO WIN THE F**KING GAME. IM SICK OF THIS ATTITUDE OF JUST DOING ENOUGH TO GET BY.

I wonder if the decision to run was at least in part dictated by the fact that the last two games, when it came down to a throw, JC threw it to the other team.

Just sayin'. I love JC. He is our future. But he is developing a knack that scares me and maybe just maybe it was this and not Joe Gibbs is stuck in 1989.

Everybody in the defensive huddle on the last Buffalo drive should of looked inside and said "I WILL NOT LET THIS TEAM DRIVE ON US." I WILL BEAT WHOEVER IS ACROSS FROM ME FOR ST. ALL I HAVE TO DO IS BE THE BEST FOR 1 MORE MINUTE.

Unfortunately, no pass rush. Slack coverage. And we lose.

And JG takes the brunt. Luckily he has thick skin.

"Sometimes, we get a lead, we back off a little bit," the quarterback said. "You go back, you watch film, you watch all the games, you're like, 'Darn, this team should at worst be 9-3.' Go look at all the games we were winning at halftime. We can't change what we do in the second half. We have to keep pouring it on."

Why wont Gibbs realize this?

Archived