Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Would it be in bad taste to draft S,Kenny Phillips from the U?

Boy2Der

Have you people even watched this kid play this year? He most likely won't even leave Miami because he has had such a average year. The guy put on a lot of weight and seemed to have lost his range. He is not half the player Taylor was. Rolle from FSU is a better saftey then him.

I hope you're kidding. Kenny had a fine year. People just get confused because they want him to be a huge playmaker. that is not Kenny. If you want a guy who is never going to get beat, who is ALWAYS going to be in the right place, always make the tackle, then you take Kenny. KP had a yearl ike Sean did last year-they asked him to do way too much with little help. KP had a HORRIBLE safety playing next to him. He basically spent the entire year cleaning up the mess taht the WAY below par UM defense left behind. Rolle can't hold his jock strap.

BTW, Kenny is a GREAT kid who looked up to ST. I don't know how he'd feel about really being asked to replace Sean but Iknow he'd be up for the challenge. He is just a great kid all around and is a great teammate. He doesn't have close to the talent that ST does, and he is just not as good period, but he is still a quality safety.

Look I checked him out and he is better than a quality safety. When people call you the number 1 safety in the nation you are the best. We need this type palyer on are team. This guy is like Sean ,and Ed Reed a new breed of NFL player. Most players coming into the league can play multiple positions not just one. Phillips is going to make a hell of safety and we should pick him up becuase we need a huge impact player to fill in the void he have at the Safety spot because Doughty is slow and Pierson sux!

Whoever we get will obviously have some big shoes to fill. But I think its clear that the team will have to bring someone in, and unless there's a great free agent available, I imagine we'll get one through the draft.

If Kenny Phillips is really that good, I could see us taking him. I think whoever we choose to be our next FS really needs to have speed and range - the two biggest qualities of Sean Taylor that was making our defense successful this year. Let Landry be the big hitter, I would rather have someone make more INTs and give the ball back to the offense.

There will never be another Sean Taylor, but I wonder how this board would react if whoever we get to play FS next season actually does a really great job at it. I think it would almost be hard to be happy about someone else having success at the position with Sean gone. Don't know how I would take it, because I'm still greiving.

I hope you're kidding. Kenny had a fine year. People just get confused because they want him to be a huge playmaker. that is not Kenny. If you want a guy who is never going to get beat, who is ALWAYS going to be in the right place, always make the tackle, then you take Kenny. KP had a yearl ike Sean did last year-they asked him to do way too much with little help. KP had a HORRIBLE safety playing next to him. He basically spent the entire year cleaning up the mess taht the WAY below par UM defense left behind. Rolle can't hold his jock strap.

BTW, Kenny is a GREAT kid who looked up to ST. I don't know how he'd feel about really being asked to replace Sean but Iknow he'd be up for the challenge. He is just a great kid all around and is a great teammate. He doesn't have close to the talent that ST does, and he is just not as good period, but he is still a quality safety.

He made no plays and you can make excuses but he had a good front 7 and two good corners to work with. He was better when he was a stick. Since he put on that weight he is a average saftey with size that doesn't even deliver big hit every game. He chases down people and takes super safte angles. It is nothing like Taylor last year. He is a smart player and isn't getting sucked up he just isn't athletic enough to get where he needs to be to be a playmaker. He is not half the saftey Sean was at the U and at this point he isn't half the saftey Meriweather was.

As much as we now will need to do something about getting a safety we absolutely need to finally draft a DE. We cant rush the passer for nothing. We need a young DE, perhaps two of them. A good bookend set of DE's will make the average safety(s) that much better.

We have neglected drafting a DE for too long and need to get atleast one this year.

I'll be honest, I think we should avoid drafting a safety this year and try to either ride with what we have, Convert Springs or Carlos to Safety, or bring in a Free Agent to fill that Free Safety roll.

Please Joe and Vinny just say no. Draft a Dlineman, a WR or an Olineman before looking at the Defensive Backfield.

Archived