Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Spring's at FS?

wit 33

What do you think the possibilities of the Skin's putting Springs at FS next year? He has said he would be receptive to playing FS later in his career. He also stated it would allow him to play a few extra years in the league. The only problem I see withthat is money. But if it could happen that would be a nice replacement for Taylor (Boy, do I hate having to say that). Obviously Roger's health and what available corner's there would be available would all factor in the decision.

While I think Springs could be a successful FS it just doesn't make sense. He is by far our best CB when healthy. The key here is he can't stay healthy. Playing FS is going to ask him to take on RB's and TE's by himself when they get past the front seven. This is just more wear and tear, and a greater chance of getting him hurt. I would much rather see a restructure and him back at CB. In this league you must have three good corners. We have that in Springs, Rogers, and Smoot. Moving him to S will just create a hole at CB and a hole at FS as soon as he gets hurt.

Nope, draft Kenny Phillips. Couple good DE's in free agency this off season so we can get a game changer that way and the draft DE's and OL's throughout the draft. Everyone wants skill positions, good DE's and OL's are available rounds 2 and 3. We just never have those picks recently.

completely depends on other moves and if we can afford him. if we can afford to keep him or restructure or something i think the only way you move him off of corner is as a last resort. carlos probably won't be ready week 1 next year, so we've gotta look at drafting another cb anyway. if we pick up a good cb who can start and we really don't have a replacement at safety then sure, you can think about doing it.

personally, i feel comfortable with springs at cb much more than any other player since champ.

No way he stays here with that salary

He's are best coverage guy that we have. We just need to re-work his deal and make it cap friendly (low salaries w/bonus) for an essential three year deal. Spread the bonus and recapture out over 7 years but plan on cutting him after three more seasons.

We need Springs back next year. I think he can play FS. Rod Woodson made a nice transition from corner to safety. GW plays this position 15 yards off the line of scrimmage, so too many hits wouldn't be a problem. I think Springs would help us cover the deep ball at FS.

Leaving LL where he is makes sense just as much as moving him to FS. This whole season I really have just been hoping to see one thing- an LL or ST safety blitz to completely dominate whatever QB. (Tom Brady or Romo sits to pee was my preferred target)

What do you think the possibilities of the Skin's putting Springs at FS next year? He has said he would be receptive to playing FS later in his career. He also stated it would allow him to play a few extra years in the league. The only problem I see withthat is money. But if it could happen that would be a nice replacement for Taylor (Boy, do I hate having to say that). Obviously Roger's health and what available corner's there would be available would all factor in the decision.

Prolong his career....not if he plays anything like Sean.

Archived