Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

I really want to see GW become head coach while AS becomes OC

desioreo87

I really want to see this arrangement next year.

I just want to know if the problem is Gibbs or the players. I know that both contribute but I want to see what a true Al Saunder's offense is supposed to look like without all the tinkering from Joe.

Who else would like to see a purely Al Suander's offense?

P.S. and don't cheekily respond with "we are seeing it right now" cause anyone who has been watching football for at least the last decade knows we are not.

ARE YOU KIDDING ME? Gregg Williams can't get the defense to perform in clutch situations. What makes you think he can get the entire team on the same page? Al Saunders would be the better choice in that he'll at least take the handcuffs off Campbell and give us a 21st century offense.

Frankly, it doesn't matter who's coaching right now. We're not a very talented team. We're an aging team without depth, built for just the short term.

If we are going to make changes, then we need to make complete changes.

Making GW the head coach is just "band-aiding" the problem this franchise has.

It needs to address it's high priced coaches, aging players, and lack of depth. It needs to address all three of these things in order for us to begin rebuilding. Afterall, isn't that what we need to do?

If you only address one of those three, then aren't you just settling for a chance at mediocrity? .....AKA "band aids"...

ARE YOU KIDDING ME? Gregg Williams can't get the defense to perform in clutch situations. What makes you think he can get the entire team on the same page? Al Saunders would be the better choice in that he'll at least take the handcuffs off Campbell and give us a 21st century offense.

Frankly, it doesn't matter who's coaching right now. We're not a very talented team. We're an aging team without depth, built for just the short term.

I agree, GW I hope will never be our head coach. This guy is stubborn and terrible in the clutch. We need to clean house. I hate to say this, but we need a guy like Jason Garrett, this guy put the pedal to the medal.

Are you people crazy? No way GW

Saunders may be choosing the plays from the gameplan, but the gameplan still has Gibbs and Breaux in the decision making. I think if the whole thing was turned over to Saunders, we'd see a more agressive offense.

And I dare say a more successful offense.

did you forget about what he did in Buffalo? he is a good coordinator...but a bad head coach

Absolutely. He's had some great periods with our defense, but he's proven he's not a great head coach. If you believe the articles written at the end of last year, he's too stubborn to change and tends to alienate people.

Of course, a certain head coach gunning for perfection failed in his first stint as well......

The Bills fans (A capt can be a Bills fans and still have a command?) I talked to on base said GW is (not was) a pompous @ss.

House cleaning and a youth movement is eventually going to have to happen in the front office and on the team so why hold off the inevitable?

Oh please no!! I would be sick to my stomach if Williams is named head coach!!! Cmon dude look at our team, I say clean house get some young thirsty new blood!!!! Or my main man Mr. Cowher!! Oh i bet you it will be some changes here in DC!!!

Which is why I would like the new coach whenever he comes to be in house. After Schottenheimer took over and left, and Spurrier came and left, and Gibbs came and made some major moves (most of which were actually good in this first year or two) the last thing we need is change here in DC.

Frankly, major change every few years is what got us into this position, but the last thing you wanna do is change everything up when you have a young QB.

I would rather NOT have Grilliams as head coach. Really guys, do a little research into Jerry Gray, SI.com had a great blurb on him in 2006, about the fact the guy has the "presence" and ability to be a very good head coach

If Gibbs goes, I hope Snyder takes the chance on Jerry Gray. You could still keep AS and Lazor and have him run the offense

We saw the Gregg Williams show in Buffalo. It wasn't pretty

I've seen enough of Williams' prevent the win defense. Let JG come back and be GM for a year with Russ Grimm as our HC.

I like Joe Gibbs stepping down and handing over the job to someone us fans can trust and have patience with like Russ Grimm.

Grimm is a football coach and that's all he should do. I would prefer team president Gibbs still go out and get a competent GM.

Archived