Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

I really want to see GW become head coach while AS becomes OC

desioreo87

I'd get Bill Cowher as head coach, but he needs a GM as well as a good front office as well.

Cowher is just another big name and he takes even fewer chances than Gibbs.

One of the reasons Cowher left Pittsburgh was that he did not want Big-Ben to take on a bigger role in the offense. Looks like Ben-Ben is doing pretty well shouldering more of the load thus far.

I am tired of big names coming here that flop...

I want Russ Grimm, a competent GM with a track record of developing good teams through the draft and the ocassional free agent. Someone from New England preferrably..

did you forget about what he did in Buffalo? he is a good coordinator...but a bad head coach

Yeah and I remember what Wade did there also, in fact the town was ready to kill him, but now he is the head coach of a NFC team who has already clinched a playoff spot

I hear a LOT of people calling for Bill Cowher. While he has proven himself to be a competent head coach, is he really the answer or just another big name? Keep in mind, Cowher had talent up in Pittsburgh. This is not a talented team in the Redskins we're watching. The offensive line is aging, outside of Andre Carter, there really is no pass rush and, outside of Moss and Cooley, there is no true receiving threat. The problems of this team go deeper than the head coach and, until you address those problems, it could be Vince Lombardi and you're going to see the same poor football.

I disagree. Next year Montgomery and Golston will have productive years and will help in the pass rush. Wilson also has gotten a few sacks despite his limited playing time. Fletcher is still going strong and Rocky is progressing nicely. The only real problem is the secondary because we don't know how severe Rogers' injury is and if it will affect his playing style. Also Springs isn't getting any younger.

On offense, it's hard to see if Portis will still be effective next year and same can be said for Moss. I'm hoping that Mix will improve during the offseason so we can have a big receiver to complement our speedy receivers. I think Cowher will be able to make us a contender with the team we have now.

Archived