Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Around the Horn (Joe Gibbs)

dcoles11

Bottom line is, you don't fire a Hall of Fame coach, no one would want to coach us if Danny does that. But if you want to blame him, blame him for not trying to ice the game with at least one minute to go, if he would at least tried to throw it for 6 yards, kneel downs would of iced it.

"But yet people never gave Norv Turner the same benefit here. Why wasn't it the players then?"

Turner was given seven years. People were calling for Gibbs head last year.

In four years, Gibbs has taken us to the playoffs as many times as Turner did in seven.

Please look up the W-L record for Turner's first four and Gibbs II's first four years. You'll see they're quite similar.

And people were calling for Turner's head in '97. Don't kid yourself.

People like to act like they've been patient with Gibbs, but it's the same every year with any coach. If we don't have a good record in the middle of a season, there will be tons of people who want to fire the coach. It's gotten really redundant.

So they have similar first 4 years and we give the ex cowboys coordinator three more, but fire our hof coach.

Makes sense.

The fact that Norv was an ex-Cowboys coordinator has nothing to do with anything.

And I do think Norv probably should've been fired in the first half of the '98 season during the 0-7 start

But the current organization has some tough off-season decisions to make. Gibbs probably either needs to step aside or realize that this is going to take more building and sign an 1-2 year extension, if but for symbolic reasons. I'm certainly not into having him unconditionally finish his contract simply for the purposes of maintaining a legacy.

Unfortunately, after his boneheaded decision at the end of yesterday's game, I'm not so sure I'm that hot on the extension idea right now.

Gibbs will be back next year and you are a fool to think snyder would have a problem with it. Gibbs is not going to walk out on something he has built and is on the verge of being a good thing.

For all of you calling for gibbs head. Putting this team down for lossing on sunday. I would like to see you loss a close friend then go to work the next day and be productive.

FOOLS on this site!

This is a ridiculous post.

If would be one thing if these 4 years of Gibbs were a well oiled machine and we hadn't seen leads go up in thin air at the end of the game time and time again.

What happened against the Bills wasn't out of the ordinary, its been happeing for 4 straight seasons now.

So to give him a pass because of losing Taylor simply just isn't facing reality.

1. Of small importance; trivial: a petty grievance.
  2. Marked by narrowness of mind, ideas, or views.
  3. Marked by meanness or lack of generosity, especially in trifling matters.

petty because you blame Gibbs for some blown leads because the players couldn't score enough points.

petty because you blame Gibbs for a timeout mistake when he should have never been put in the position to have to make it if the team would have scored more points.

petty because you blame Gibbs last year because Brunell sucked

petty because you blame Gibbs for JC's fumbles, or CR's dropped ITs, or Santana's fumble, or Wade's missed block, Randel El's drop, or...

petty because feel the need to *****, complain, and blame anyone for anything.

No one put a gun to anyone's head here and made them root for the Redskins

No one tapped into your bank account and made you buy a jersey.

You signed no contracts, made no agreements, and were promised NOTHING.

You don't deserve wins.

They don't owe you wins.

You're not entitled to anything.

Gibbs apologist, easity the blindest group of fans in the NFL, they are stuck in the 80s and won't come out. I nominate this guy as the president of the club.

As someone that buys Redskin stuff, watches all the games, and supports them, i'm entitled to a coach that knows the rules of the game, esepcially when he's making $5 million a year which comes from all the Redskin crap the fans buy and the tv contracts that are they way they are because we watch.

So yes the fans are entitled to something, because without the fans, Joe Gibbs doesn't have a job, Joe Gibbs doesn't live in a mansion.

Gibbs apologist, easity the blindest group of fans in the NFL, they are stuck in the 80s and won't come out. I nominate this guy as the president of the club.

As someone that buys Redskin stuff, watches all the games, and supports them, i'm entitled to a coach that knows the rules of the game, esepcially when he's making $5 million a year which comes from all the Redskin crap the fans buy and the tv contracts that are they way they are because we watch.

So yes the fans are entitled to something, because without the fans, Joe Gibbs doesn't have a job, Joe Gibbs doesn't live in a mansion.

I have never said Brandon Lloyd was garbage, therfore I must be a Lloyd apologist

I never said Campbell was a bust, therefore I mast be a Campbell apologist

Never said Saunders is an idiot, Williams is a fool, Portis should be benched, Thrash is trash, or any number of disgusting put downs that have leached from this site at the first sign of failure.

So mark me down as a Saunders, Williams, Portis, and Thrash apologist too.

There are people here that lash out at the team after A WIN!!! F them.

And no. You can buy all you want, you are NOT entitled.

That's the problem. Everyone thinks they're "entitled"

Like saying you buy a Mustang and somehow Ford is obligated to give you a dependable car. Bull.

If it falls apart, sell it and buy something else.

Just leave the rest of the Ford owners in peace already.

First off, Lindel is one of the best kickers in the game. He was NOT going to miss the second 51 yarder. His first one was good from 65.

Second, no WAY Snyder EVER fires Gibbs.

You do realize that Lindell missed a 50+ yard FG on turf in week 5 right?

So how you know he was "NOT" going to miss a second attempt at 51 yarder in the rain on grass I don't know.

His first one was not good from 65 and even if it was distance isn't the only thing involved in a kick, it has to go throw the goal post incase you've forgotten.

Not to mention on longer kicks its easier to block FGs.

To say it didn't matter is just plain ignorant.

I have never said Brandon Lloyd was garbage, therfore I must be a Lloyd apologist

Never said Saunders is an idiot, Williams is a fool, Portis should be benched, Thrash is trash, or any number of disgusting put downs that have leached from this site at the first sign of failure.

Like saying you buy a Mustang and somehow Ford is obligated to give you a dependable car. Bull.

Are you stoned......, or stupid?

j/k

sorta

They discussed his calling of 2 timeouts at the end of game. Bob Ryan didn't blame Gibbs because he said he had no reason to know the rule, he essentially blamed Mike Shanahan for starting this whole timeout before the kicker kicks thing.

J.A didn't blame Gibbs for the loss because he said Lindel would have made it again anway since he hit it the first time, I personally hate this argument because making it once doesn't mean you can't miss it the next time. There could be a bad snap, it could be blocked, there could be a penalty, ect.

They failed to mention that he called the 2nd timeout because of the weather, they seemed to think he only did it to freeze the kicker, but those of us there know that it was starting to rain and Gibbs was trying to give the weather more time to worsen.

At the end Woody said this will cost Gibbs his job at the end of the season, Mariotti laughed at that and Bob Ryan said, "they are going no where with him."

Do you guys think Gibbs will be fired at the end of the season? Especially if they go 1-3 or 0-4 down the stretch?

I'm going to defend Dan Snyder and say that I hope Gibbs doesn't make him have to fire him.

I personally think its time for the Gibbs era to end. For 3 years now (I won't count the first year) we have been losing late leads and games we shouldn't be losing. That has got to come down on the couch. What we saw yesterday we've seen before, its nothing new, I told my brother, "you know what sucks, we almost expect to lose now when its late in the game and close."

Gibbs is a competitive stubborn man, its what made him successful, so I don't see him resigning after the season, he'll want to come back for the 5th and final season of his contract.

So if Snyder wants him gone he'll have to fire him, which as I said isn't fair to Snyder, he shouldn't have to be the guy that fired HOF coach Joe Gibbs. Gibbs should look in the mirror and realize its just not going to happen.

Yeah I was watching the show too, good stuff . I agree Joe should step down and not let Danny be the bad guy.

haha, honestly all I can do is laugh at this incoherent garbage you made into a post.

for your sake I hope you were drunk while coming up with this.

I don't think that he will be fired. However, I don't think that Williams is the lock to get this job at the end of the season. I think he is a pretty good coordinator, but I don't think that he has the charisma to be a head coach. I think that he knows Xs and Os pretty well, but I don't think that he can put it all together. There is no way that Gibbs gets fired. It would have to be something monumental to have that happen.

haha, honestly all I can do is laugh at this incoherent garbage you made into a post.

for your sake I hope you were drunk while coming up with this.

Which parts were incoherent?

Because I could put it in flash cards for you if you're having trouble.

Your comparison to cars, and saying that Ford isn't obligated to make a dependable car, so just get rid of it? That was right stupid.

Let me decode it for you:

Ford/Redskins isn't/aren't obligated to make a dependable/winning car/team, so just get rid of it/find a team you like

Archived