Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Redskins Establish Fund To Benefit Daughter Of Sean Taylor

LaRou

REDSKINS ESTABLISH FUND TO BENEFIT DAUGHTER OF SEAN TAYLOR

ASHBURN, VA - The Washington Redskins today announce establishment of a trust fund to benefit Jackie, the 18-month old daughter of slain safety Sean Taylor.

The Sean Taylor Memorial Trust Fund has been fully endorsed by Jackie Garcia, mother of Sean's daughter, and will guarantee the support and education of their only dependant. The team and Owner Daniel M. Snyder have dedicated a minimum of $500,000 to the fund.

"Sean's father, Pete Taylor, and Jackie made it clear to me that their desire is for young Jackie to have every advantage Sean would have provided," Snyder said. "No one can ever replace him, but we can help ensure their wishes. It's the very least we all can do."

Donations to The Sean Taylor Memorial Trust Fund may be made to:

The Sean Taylor Memorial Fund

c/o The Washington Redskins

21300 Redskins Park Drive

Ashburn, VA 20147

** you can still donate to the Fund below **

Sean Taylor Memorial Fund

In lieu of flowers, please direct donations here:

Office of Institutional Advancement

Sean Taylor Memorial Fund

1500 San Remo Avenue, Suite 295

Coral Gables, FL 33146

Make checks payable to Gulliver Schools, Inc. and include “Sean Taylor Memorial Fund” in the memo section.

For additional information or questions, call 786-709-4081.

Website info

for seans daughter

dan snyder has established this with the blessing of the family and started it with 500k saying he wants jackie to have all the benefits her father would have been able to provide for her

donations may be made to

"the sean taylor memorial fund"

c/o washington redskins

21300 redskins park dr

ashburn, va 20147

the family has also established a scholarship which will help students at gulliver prep, FIU, and UM

http://www.miamiherald.com/news/breaking_news/story/327041.html

Here's the official press release.

Nice gesture by Snyder and the team.

PRESS RELEASE

For Immediate Release

November 30, 2007

ASHBURN, VA – The Washington Redskins today announce establishment of a trust fund to benefit Jackie, the 18-month old daughter of slain safety Sean Taylor.

The Sean Taylor Memorial Trust Fund has been fully endorsed by Jackie Garcia, mother of Sean’s daughter, and will guarantee the support and education of their only dependant. The team and Owner Daniel M. Snyder have dedicated a minimum of $500,000 to the fund.

“Sean’s father, Pete Taylor, and Jackie made it clear to me that their desire is for young Jackie to have every advantage Sean would have provided,” Snyder said. “No one can ever replace him, but we can help ensure their wishes. It’s the very least we all can do.”

Ashburn, VA 20147

Before this whole tragedy, I wouldn't always defend Danny when fans of other teams would say how bad of an owner he was, just that he's ours and he's no different. However, after the past week, I am now proud that we have an owner who is at least making an effort to provide help for the family of Sean Taylor. In one short week he has now become the best owner in the NFL in my book.

Thanks Pete, I have been looking for somewhere to donate - flowers are fine, but they die...........a memorial lives on..............

Bless you Jackie, stay close to us-we'll share our memories with you anytime you have questions about your Dad...........

Well, looks like Jackie now has 60,000+ aunts and uncles. ;)

Thanks Pete' date=' I have been looking for somewhere to donate - flowers are fine, but they die...........a memorial lives on..............

Bless you Jackie, stay close to us-we'll share our memories with you anytime you have questions about your Dad...........

Well, looks like Jackie now has 60,000+ aunts and uncles. ;)[/quote']

Considering FedEx can hold 90,000, lets estimate it at 1 million :)

This is a great move by the Skins....I'll get some money together on the 5th (pay day).

Instead of donating to a trust fund that already has a considerable sum. Why not make a donation in his name to a charitable foundation. If snyder is dumping in 500k and then NFL is paying out 600k couple that with the fact that A. Taylor has already bankrolled in excess of 12-14 million and B. They are related to Andy Garcia. Maybe the money would be better suited going to struggling familes elsewhere. Perhaps a scholarship fund to get more kids off the streets out of peoples houses and into classrooms.

I mean think about it

Instead of donating to a trust fund that already has a considerable sum. Why not make a donation in his name to a charitable foundation. If snyder is dumping in 500k and then NFL is paying out 600k couple that with the fact that A. Taylor has already bankrolled in excess of 12-14 million and B. They are related to Andy Garcia. Maybe the money would be better suited going to struggling familes elsewhere. Perhaps a scholarship fund to get more kids off the streets out of peoples houses and into classrooms.

I mean think about it

I'm with you. Give your money to someone that needs it.

It is a tragedy. But I don't see how donating money is necessary.

I mean think about it

I tend to agree with this. I think Snyder and the Skins have an obligation to Sean's child.

I think fans can do better to see that fewer kids turn into the people who killed Sean.

Big Brothers is a great way to make a difference.

I've been involved in the Big Brothers program for over a year now. That is a great way to volunteer and help kids make the right choices. I encourage anyone thinking about it to pursue it. Deffinatley been a great experience.

Or create a scholarship fund for at risk kids from low income familes.

THanks for the info. Thats great of Dan S. My outlook of him has changed after this week. Im proud to have him as an owner. He showed that he really cares about this team.

I've never doubted his level of deovtion to the team. Just to the Fans. Different topic all together though.

:applause: to Dan for stepping up for Seans daughter.

I tend to agree with this. I think Snyder and the Skins have an obligation to Sean's child.

I think fans can do better to see that fewer kids turn into the people who killed Sean.

I agree. Helping a charity to help keep kids out of trouble would be a great use of this money. I still love the fact that Dan Snyder is doing a good thing here, so you're not going to hear me saying anything negative about it. Good job, Mr. Snyder!! :applause: :applause: :applause:

The thing that hurt me the most about this whole tragedy, is the fact that his daughter will be growing up without her daddy. If me giving some money can make it at all easier on her, then I'm doing what I can do to help. So I'll be sending in a donation. Besides, it may help me heal just knowing I'm doing something positive to help this whole God awful mess. :(

http://www.miamiherald.com/news/breaking_news/story/327041.html

Scholarship created to honor Taylor

Posted on Fri, Nov. 30, 2007

Digg del.icio.us AIM reprint print email

Sean Taylor's father, Pedro Taylor, said Friday afternoon that the family has created a scholarship in honor of his son and his granddaughter, which will help students at Gulliver Prep, Florida International University and the University of Miami, where Sean played football.

The scholarship is the Sean M. Taylor College Scholarship Foundation, created in honor of Sean's daughter, Jacqueline Michelle Marie Taylor. Taylor said donations can be sent to: Citi Smith Barney, 100 N. Tampa St., Suite 3000, Tampa, FL 33602.

Here's the official press release.

Nice gesture by Snyder and the team.

PRESS RELEASE

For Immediate Release

November 30, 2007

ASHBURN, VA – The Washington Redskins today announce establishment of a trust fund to benefit Jackie, the 18-month old daughter of slain safety Sean Taylor.

The Sean Taylor Memorial Trust Fund has been fully endorsed by Jackie Garcia, mother of Sean’s daughter, and will guarantee the support and education of their only dependant. The team and Owner Daniel M. Snyder have dedicated a minimum of $500,000 to the fund.

“Sean’s father, Pete Taylor, and Jackie made it clear to me that their desire is for young Jackie to have every advantage Sean would have provided,” Snyder said. “No one can ever replace him, but we can help ensure their wishes. It’s the very least we all can do.”

Ashburn, VA 20147

How wonderful! Thank you, Mr. Snyder, and thanks for sharing this information. :applause: :logo:

CarrollsMine99.

Big Brothers is a great way to make a difference.

I've been involved in the Big Brothers program for over a year now. That is a great way to volunteer and help kids make the right choices. I encourage anyone thinking about it to pursue it. Deffinatley been a great experience.

Or create a scholarship fund for at risk kids from low income familes.

I've done some child mentoring too when I worked last year. I may try and look into an organization here now that I'm somewhat settled into school.

Some of you do make a valid point. Between all the money Sean has earned and may have left, plus the money the NFL will give out as well as the Redskins, I think that family is pretty set for now. Even if most of his earnings go to his parents and siblings, the Garcia family will still get along well. $500k in a trust fund for his baby will more than likely be a nice amount by the time she'll need it.

Instead, donate to various other organizations.

Archived