Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Redskins Establish Fund To Benefit Daughter Of Sean Taylor

LaRou

Who baby Jackie is related to is irrelevant. It is not Uncle Andy's responsibility to provide for her.

This is a CLASS move by Snyder. Baby Jackie's education is officially locked in. Sean would've wanted that.

Don't forget that scholarship funds are also being set up to benefit the students of Gulliver Prep, the U and FIU.

Who baby Jackie is related to is irrelevant. It is not Uncle Andy's responsibility to provide for her.

This is a CLASS move by Snyder. Baby Jackie's education is officially locked in. Sean would've wanted that.

Don't forget that scholarship funds are also being set up to benefit the students of Gulliver Prep, the U and FIU.

I think the fact that baby Jackie is the daughter of a multimillionaire is very relevant.

I feel terribly for this child for many reasons. None of which are financial.

Even without the 500k from Snyder I would think that there is enough of the 12 million left to get her through college.

edit: I am all in favor of the other scholarships that you mention although I probably will not donate. My charitable cause is the sons and daughters of 30k a year soldiers

Instead of donating to a trust fund that already has a considerable sum. Why not make a donation in his name to a charitable foundation. If snyder is dumping in 500k and then NFL is paying out 600k couple that with the fact that A. Taylor has already bankrolled in excess of 12-14 million and B. They are related to Andy Garcia. Maybe the money would be better suited going to struggling familes elsewhere. Perhaps a scholarship fund to get more kids off the streets out of peoples houses and into classrooms.

I mean think about it

Um, ok. Apart from that bolded quote, I agree that the little we could contribute would best be served elsehow? Unless Sean's financial situation wasn't super...which I doubt. Baby Jackie will be okay, I hope. Her complete name is quite beautiful. *sigh*

I can't believe we're even talking about this.

I think the fact that baby Jackie is the daughter of a multimillionaire is very relevant.

I feel terribly for this child for many reasons. None of which are financial.

Even without the 500k from Snyder I would think that there is enough of the 12 million left to get her through college.

edit: I am all in favor of the other scholarships that you mention although I probably will not donate. My charitable cause is the sons and daughters of 30k a year soldiers

RD, my post was in relation to this:

Instead of donating to a trust fund that already has a considerable sum. Why not make a donation in his name to a charitable foundation. If snyder is dumping in 500k and then NFL is paying out 600k couple that with the fact that A. Taylor has already bankrolled in excess of 12-14 million and B. They are related to Andy Garcia. Maybe the money would be better suited going to struggling familes elsewhere. Perhaps a scholarship fund to get more kids off the streets out of peoples houses and into classrooms.

I mean think about it

I in no way, shape or form meant that Baby Jackie being related to Sean was irrelevant. My post was about Andy Garcia, and how I don't think he is obligated to provide for her well-being simply b/c she is his great-neice. He is, however, known to be a great guy, so no doubt he'll pitch in.

I mean think about it

I've been a Sean Taylor fan for half of a decade, but I agree with this in full.

After looking at these two posts, if you want to make a donation to one of the scholarship funds instead, I think that that would be a fitting memorial, along with the suggestion to the Boys/Girls club in your area in memory of ST

I mean think about it

for seans daughter

dan snyder has established this with the blessing of the family and started it with 500k saying he wants jackie to have all the benefits her father would have been able to provide for her

donations may be made to

"the sean taylor memorial fund"

c/o washington redskins

21300 redskins park dr

ashburn, va 20147

the family has also established a scholarship which will help students at gulliver prep, FIU, and UM

http://www.miamiherald.com/news/breaking_news/story/327041.html

How bout the idea of proceeds going to help players, especially the new ones, learn how to grow as ST was showing himself to be doing. One of the things that has been talked to death by the press is the difficulty in players seperating themselves from bad situations, and I believe that the influence of JG and, watching what his reactions have been, Dan Snyder made a difference in ST's life and growth. Perhaps in this way, we could make an even greater memorial to ST by helping others escape some of the problems he had when he first entered the league.

This is great. I'd like to see the Redskins stores produce a Tee Shirt or something we could buy where all proceeds go to a college fund for his daughter. I will give to this fund but I would also like to support it in other ways.

REDSKINS ESTABLISH FUND TO BENEFIT DAUGHTER OF SEAN TAYLOR

ASHBURN, VA - The Washington Redskins today announce establishment of a trust fund to benefit Jackie, the 18-month old daughter of slain safety Sean Taylor.

The Sean Taylor Memorial Trust Fund has been fully endorsed by Jackie Garcia, mother of Sean's daughter, and will guarantee the support and education of their only dependant. The team and Owner Daniel M. Snyder have dedicated a minimum of $500,000 to the fund.

"Sean's father, Pete Taylor, and Jackie made it clear to me that their desire is for young Jackie to have every advantage Sean would have provided," Snyder said. "No one can ever replace him, but we can help ensure their wishes. It's the very least we all can do."

Donations to The Sean Taylor Memorial Trust Fund may be made to:

The Sean Taylor Memorial Fund

c/o The Washington Redskins

21300 Redskins Park Drive

Ashburn, VA 20147

http://www.miamiherald.com/news/breaking_news/story/327041.html

Scholarship created to honor Taylor

Posted on Fri, Nov. 30, 2007

Digg del.icio.us AIM reprint print email

Sean Taylor's father, Pedro Taylor, said Friday afternoon that the family has created a scholarship in honor of his son and his granddaughter, which will help students at Gulliver Prep, Florida International University and the University of Miami, where Sean played football.

The scholarship is the Sean M. Taylor College Scholarship Foundation, created in honor of Sean's daughter, Jacqueline Michelle Marie Taylor. Taylor said donations can be sent to: Citi Smith Barney, 100 N. Tampa St., Suite 3000, Tampa, FL 33602.

I like this idea, it may give an underprivileged kid living in the projects the opportunity to go to an elite private school or college.

PRESS RELEASE

CORRECTED VERSION - For Immediate Release

November 30, 2007

CORRECTION: The following CORRECTS the name of the fund in the address for donations. Donations should be made out to the Sean Taylor Memorial Trust Fund.

REDSKINS ESTABLISH FUND TO BENEFIT DAUGHTER OF SEAN TAYLOR

ASHBURN, VA – The Washington Redskins today announce establishment of a trust fund to benefit Jackie, the 18-month old daughter of slain safety Sean Taylor.

The Sean Taylor Memorial Trust Fund has been fully endorsed by Jackie Garcia, mother of Sean’s daughter, and will guarantee the support and education of their only dependant. The team and Owner Daniel M. Snyder have dedicated a minimum of $500,000 to the fund.

“Sean’s father, Pete Taylor, and Jackie made it clear to me that their desire is for young Jackie to have every advantage Sean would have provided,” Snyder said. “No one can ever replace him, but we can help ensure their wishes. It’s the very least we all can do.”

Donations to The Sean Taylor Memorial Trust Fund may be made to:

The Sean Taylor Memorial Trust Fund

c/o The Washington Redskins

21300 Redskins Park Drive

Ashburn, VA 20147

I knew Danny would come thru in the clutch. Im certain there's more going to the family though. I just hope Jackie stays up here in VA rather then going back down to Florida.

The likelihood of that is prob. slim...her family and entire support network are in Miami, not to mention Baby Jackie's grandparents on both sides. And in situations like this you need your family. Not to mention that it's also a cultural thing...Cuban families tend to rally round each other in times like this, so her permanent stay, if it happens, prob won't be for a while.

Archived