Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Redskins.com: Goodbye, Sean.

Art

That was beautiful, thanks.

I have a question. Before the season started I had a #21 jersey made with Hit Man on the back instead of Taylor. I almost think it would be inappropriate to wear it anymore, especially this weekend. Any thoughts.

I'd get it changed to Taylor. Just my two cents

Couldn't have been said better. I am showing this article to my wife who thinks I am out of my mind for my reaction to this extreme tragedy. Why does every person I know default to Redskins merchandise for me for Christmas... why do I spend more time on this website than any other website over the past ten years... I just couldn't explain it to her. Football is just a game and Sean was just a player. I didn't know him, she's right. This game is important to men and we bond over it. We care about our team and love talking about it over coffee on Monday mornings. Players get season, even career ending injuries on a regular basis. Players don't get blown away in their own house with their family hiding under the covers. This is the worst thing to happen in Washington DC since the sniper shootings. I will never get over this.

If the team responds to Taylor's death with distracted, even disinterested play, causing a string of losses, could we boo?

After this loss I can definately say the answer is No. Can any of us be sure how we would handle this if we were on that field. Somehow this loss doesn't seem as tough to take as some of the others.

Let's get real people. I am sorry that another person got murdered senselessly in an "apparent" burglary.

Sean Taylor was a good football player, but he wasn't THAT good! Now if Art Monk or evan Gary Clark was murdered then I could take all the attention that this man has gotten. This murder has made greater than he ever was! Simple.

Leaving a man off the field on the opening defensive "stand" was idiotic, and quite frankly is one of the reasons the Skins are 5 & 7 & out of the playoffs.

I pray that Gibbs leaves before he has totally ruined a once stellar career as a football coach.

Archived