Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Computer Guys I need your help with Internet Explorer

Robbnva

Never upgraded to IE7, went with firefox instead, and glad that i did, i suggest you do the same, really IE blows (now that ive seen and used firefox)

Yup...I barely use IE now except to get a stream of sporting events off the radio. Sometimes Firefox and Windows Media Player don't get along...:mad:

Try going to Tools>Internet Options>Security. Select trusted sites and click the sites button. Add the site you are trying to store the password for, then go to the site and login with "remember my password" checked.

tried that but still nothing

My last job required IE as well for the longest time. Not that they liked IE. They didn't. In fact, IE 7 was outright banned. But it was easier for them to support and "manage" than anything else. They eventually added support for Firefox, which made everyone happier.

That was an aside.

In answer to the question, it sounds like you're out of luck without administrator privileges. Sorry. :( You could talk to your IT department, but I'm going to guess they're trying to "secure the system" but blocking stuff like password savers. :\

Than the I.T. dept. that runs your environment must love std's :laugh: :laugh:

The IT department doesn't particularly like IE7, but if everyone's using it there's usually a reason for it. Particularly if you have remote users working their own environment who are not fully aware of Firefox or if you have web apps developed for IE6/7 that exhibit glitches w/Firefox.

Archived