Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Redskins/Bears Week 14 Game Could Be Moved

stoshuaj

Mike Mulligan, Chicago Sun Times

The Redskins host the Bears next Thursday night, but the team will be off on Monday for S Sean Taylor's funeral and the team could petition the league for a new date, given the short week. Possible dates are Dec. 8, 9 or 10. Washington plays at Buffalo Sunday then they will fly to Miami for a Monday morning service. The team has just one practice scheduled for Tuesday before kickoff two days later. A league source said it's unlikely the game could be moved because of problems securing hotel rooms for both teams. There are also TV considerations because the game is airing on the NFL Network, and the league would be competing with its network TV partners if it were moved to Sunday or Monday.

Move the game to Saturday night, no conflicts there.

College football games, specifically conference championship games, will be held Saturday. Generally the NFL and NCAA respect each other's traditional football days. The NFL doesn't start playing Saturday games until the end of the college football season.

If this happened to the Patriots, Cowboys or Packers, im sure the NFL would move the game. I dont see it happening for us though.

I don't think the commissioner plays favorites, especially in dealing with something like this.

Mike Mulligan, Chicago Sun Times

The Redskins host the Bears next Thursday night, but the team will be off on Monday for S Sean Taylor's funeral and the team could petition the league for a new date, given the short week. Possible dates are Dec. 8, 9 or 10. Washington plays at Buffalo Sunday

Mike should take a closer look at the scehdule. ;)

would what be awesome is if the NFL turned down the request to move the game, The Bears stood firmly with the Redskins to tell the league "move it or we're not going to play the game". How much revenue would the NFL lose then? Won't happen but.....

I'm coming up for the game and will be driving my truck home, so I could wait till Sunday for the game.

pvkeeper19, Im not sure if there are any major conf. champ. games on the 8th. There may be some smaller schools playing Champ games that day, Im not sure. But I would think that if the NFL talked to the NCAA they could reach an agreement, This is an extraordinary situation. And it wasnt that long ago that ST was playing NCAA football

Who cares if people complain? If they do in a situation like this, that would be extremely petty.

Let em complain.

And what about the people that have been planning on going to the Bears game for months? You know, the ones that would be out hotels, flights, tickets...and most importantly, now, an opportunity to wear a #21 jersey to show their respect. This sucks for everyone...but I'd be willing to bet that Sean AND the Redskins want to play out the schedule.

The 'Skins have to request it first and we have heard nothing saying that the 'Skins will request it.

This is the Bears looking good by saying they have no issue moving even though they know we aren't going to bother asking anyway. Which is fine because I believe they mean it.

Archived