Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Redskins/Bears Week 14 Game Could Be Moved

stoshuaj

Way too many problems with that for those that are flying into the game. What if (like I do) fly in for the scheduled game and it's delayed..the room you have booked is only for a specific time, your flight plans can't be changed and you have to go back to work...too many scheduling and financial conflicts. ~ yes this sounds all self serving but it's reality.

And what about the people that have been planning on going to the Bears game for months? You know, the ones that would be out hotels, flights, tickets...and most importantly, now, an opportunity to wear a #21 jersey to show their respect. This sucks for everyone...but I'd be willing to bet that Sean AND the Redskins want to play out the schedule.

Exactly. I personally do not care, I live here and will be going to the Bears game either way. But I have a bunch of friends that are flying in for the game. I know there are bigger things in life given the tragic events of this week, but if the game were moved, it would be a huge waste of money for people, like the ones I know, that are flying in Wednesday and leaving Friday.

I think they would understand, but I am sure there are people that may not be. I certainly see the reasoning in it being moved, but I do not see it happening.

College football games, specifically conference championship games, will be held Saturday. Generally the NFL and NCAA respect each other's traditional football days. The NFL doesn't start playing Saturday games until the end of the college football season.

That weekend, the collegiate games on tap are the semifinal matches for:

• Football Championship Subdivision
  • Division II
  • Division III

And it looks like the ESPN family of networks is televising games on both Friday and Saturday.

That being said, it's not likely that our game will get moved but we'll all see how this plays out.

Archived