Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

I'm Retiring My Sean Taylor's Jersey

NattyLight

What's up boys and girls. I've been consumed in thought and prayer over the last couple of days, and I've decided to retire my Sean Taylor (replithentic'ish) Jersey after Sundays game.

On Monday it will be taken to get dry cleaned, heavily starched, and by Christmas it will be framed to adorn my Redskins Room. OK, I don't have a Redskins room, but I am buying a house in February and it will have a Redskins room. And OK, I don't have much memorabilia either, but this will be a great center piece to build around.

I'm going to be sifting through all the Sean Taylor pictures and photoshops the wonderful people here have provided, and going to start compiling designs to compliment the jersey. My thoughts and ideas will be shared on this thread over the next couple of days and I would appreciate feedback. I want this **** to be pimp.

If you guys have any ideas that jump out at you, please feel free post them here.

Hail.

I'm doing the same thing.

I have two, one real jersey which will be framed, and a cheap one I will continue to wear every Sunday.

As far as ideas... I only have a "Redskins Bathroom" because I have roommates so: I painted the walls gold and the trim burgundy.

I have the Phat Head (SP?) helmet on the wall. All kinds of other Redskins stuff everywhere.

( I was going to paint a dallas star in the bottom of the toilet... but I rent. ;) )

I'm doing the same thing.

I have two, one real jersey which will be framed, and a cheap one I will continue to wear every Sunday.

Pretty much ditto. I'm thinking of buying a 75th Ann. authentic, framing it, and continuing to wear my current "authentic".*

*code for the ones that lots of us bought in the classifieds section here a coupla years ago. ;)

i am torn about this. i feel like i want to continue wearing it forever. to me, sean taylor defined what a football player should be. i would be honored to wear his jersey forever in that memory of him, as a true football player and redskin.

i have worn that jersey for every game since i got it almost 2 years ago. i am very attached to it as it has become the centerpiece of my redskins ritual. a ritual that means so much to me.

at the same time, i feel like retiring it at the end of the season. an act of upmost respect and dignity.

anyone else torn like me?

I havent worn a single jersey during a game all year. I got the idea in my head that it was bad luck at some point last year so I just wear a Skins shirt and hat. But I'm breaking out the old #36 and I will wear it for every game the rest of this season. After that... I don't know. I will probably "retire" it at that point, just because the reminder would be too painful. :(

Thats a good idea.

Personally I am going to do the opposite actually - but for the same reason, to honor ST. I am going to basically not use any other jersey - my Portis jersey probably won't be worn again.

My Sean Taylor jersey will be pretty much the only jersey I wear on Sunday's ever (until it falls apart). It will remind me what is really important in life and to not let what happens on the field effect how I feel on a daily basis (be passionate, but have fun and don't take a loss as the end of the world) - football is a GAME, nothing more. There is so much more to life. It is sad, but it took ST death to put it in focus, I won't forget again.

Archived