Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Where's The Outrage From The Players??

SB17

I don't get it: We on this board are about to blow a major gasket at the way this team has played, but I don't see any remarks from the players that they are even mildly upset with 6 turnovers and another lousy performance. While some may argue with the game strategy by the coaches, the players went out there and laid a complete egg on the field and then tried to make up for it in the second half, and once again, came up short. When are the players going to be outraged over their horrid performances (not just this game against Tampa) and fire themselves up? The real "core" Redskins (i.e., Gibbs I) used to hold players-only meetings and take the responsibility on themselves to "step things up". Where are the Gary-Clark type players who get mad at themselves for dropping balls (or for current season comparison, players who get mad at themselves for fumbling games away)?

With the exception of Cooley and Campbell, this team has a bunch of prima donnas that appear to only care about the paycheck.

By the way, the term "core" Redskin is a farce. Gibbs throws around that term, but the Skins lost all credibility when they let Pierce and Clark go via free agency...

With the exception of Cooley and Campbell, this team has a bunch of prima donnas that appear to only care about the paycheck.

By the way, the term "core" Redskin is a farce. Gibbs throws around that term, but the Skins lost all credibility when they let Pierce and Clark go via free agency...

While I agree with that statement, we don't need to bring that up again. We now have Fletcher who is just as good as Pierce. We now have Landry who will be a better player than Clark. The only problem was signing Archuleta when we coulda just kept Clark another year, then drafted Landry.

Lets jsut focus on the present. I think that aside from Cooley, Campbell, Rock, and Marcus, the rest aren't Redskins. Maybe some of the younger guys cause they are trying to prove something. I hope guys like Blades, Rocky, Montgomery, Wilson, Carlos, Taylor, Landry, and Heyer can step up and be future franchise players.

I was holding out hope that this team was just going through a bad streak and that they would turn it on for the run in Nov-Dec.... It's all bull... They will have a players meeting and meet one on one this week to discuss but it goes back to one fact: The team isnt very good. They are mediocre to bad at best.

I dont think allot of the players care much b/c they are getting their overpaid salaries and whats the difference if they win or not.

A good team wins the last 3 games. A team that cares about winning, wins the last 3 games. Bad teams do what the Skins did - loose handily.

I myself am not about to blow a gasket. Yestreday was the nail in the coffin. I truly love this team, but shes been like a bad ex that you keep going back to, only to get burned in the end.

After watching the first couple of series go (fumble, fumble, punt, fumble, fumble) I kinda knew that we were going to lose. Great teams cant come back from 6 turnovers, and our team is not great.

I have kind of put things in perspective this weekend.

Why put myself through stress and heartbreak over and over again every Sunday? I think there are much more important things I could be doing with my life. And until this team can get their collective asses together, I wont be watching them. Its much easier to take a loss when you just check the sporting section on monday morning.

I dont have to sit through all the butt hole puckering moments to KNOW that we will come up short... like we always do.. and have for at least the past 10 years.

The players do not have any gas left in the tank. Just watch the way they come up flat from the huddle. There is no hustle or motivation there. Its quite depressing actually.

HTTR...

Maybe next year.

I agree.I wanna see an attitude from our players and coaches.Tired of hearing excuses.I'd really like to see one of them apologize to the fans.Give us some hope in thinking that the players are tired of this.Not that they"owe" us an apology i suppose,but without us fans,they have nothing.An empty stadium and falling merchandise sales.

I watched the team walking through the tunnel after the game.Sure none of them were happy,but it looked like Cooley wanted to kill someone.

gibbs breeds this nonchalent no getting angry attitude, and it kills any sense of fire this team could potentially have. everyone is supposed to be gee golly whiz after every loss, instead of getting friggin pissed off about poor performances, and this kind of passing the buck attitude hinders this team.

im just waiting for portis to lose it on the thompson show, although he might not because he knows he might not be here next year. is he really worth 9 mil?

They dont care. They take your money and laugh.

They go home to there 8000 sq ft homes and there 100,000$ Cars.

They go home to 2 blazing hot women that will do anything for them( if you know what I mean).

They are living the dream.

They dont care about winning, they dont care about what we think, how we feel.

They dont care about how much passion and emotions we put into this team.

They dont care about the ungodly amounts of money we as fans shell out to go see them.

They dont car about the sacrafice we take on going to see them. Example: I drive from Richmond VA up to fedex (3hrs in traffic). Gas $, Parking $. Then at the end of the game, I sit on a bus for 1 1/2 hrs, than get in my care and sit in traffic for 3 hrs just to get to Woodbridge Va, than I still have 1 1/2 hour to drive and I have a pregnant Wife at home.

You think they give a ****. NOOOOOOOOO!

I think the team made good strides in the second half and was proud of their collective play. That was and is encouraging. The fumbles were inexcusable but what's done is done and there is nothing to be gained by dwelling on it. JC, CP and Moss must protect the ball and I'm sure they're well aware of that. The Buc's defense did a good job too in creating most of those TO's.

If the saying ,a team is a reflection of the coach is true, that is where the problem is.They very well may be "character" guys but how does that manifest itself on the field? Look, we all know Gibbs is a good man, but I want good men who play with a mean streak and nastiness that you see other teams play with.

These Redskins have no killer instinct or nastiness to them except for a few, Collectively they are a bunch of nice guys out there.

Another week... another set of excuses.

This week, Sherriff Gonna Getcha kept shooting us in the feet. We are becoming very creative in how many different ways we can lose a game. Tune in next week to see how another team we should beat crams it down our throat.

It's like I've been saying from the beginning: Gibbs insistance on winning a hard fought game in the final series is nothing more than a gamble. I'm so tired of watching a 50/50 chance football team. It's time for Gibbs to go. All he's doing now is ruining his reputation and legacy. He should've stayed retired.

The mind-boggling amount of money these guys make and Free Agency is part of the problem.

I would be a **** of an owner. After several games, the players would never have entered the locker room wearing their jerseys. The coaching staff (a majority that is) would never have made it this deep into the season. Gregg Williams would have had to find his own way home from New England. It all trickles down to the price of the ticket and the fans deserve much better. I will forever blame this season on the coaching staff. Their lack of preparation and game day strategy, unable to adapt to certain issues like injuries and the lack of instilling attitude and a winning mindset is to me unbelievable . . . and inexcusable.:(

gibbs breeds this nonchalent no getting angry attitude, and it kills any sense of fire this team could potentially have. everyone is supposed to be gee golly whiz after every loss, instead of getting friggin pissed off about poor performances, and this kind of passing the buck attitude hinders this team.

im just waiting for portis to lose it on the thompson show, although he might not because he knows he might not be here next year. is he really worth 9 mil?

Where are the Gary-Clark type players who get mad at themselves for dropping balls (or for current season comparison, players who get mad at themselves for fumbling games away)?

Snyder traded all of them away for big-name free agents who will help sell tickets based on false hope.

Snyder traded all of them away for big-name free agents who will help sell tickets based on false hope.
:applause:

I completely agree. I'm almost looking forward to when this team has to pay the piper because of all our salary cap busting "deals"

It will really get ugly then and maybe more fans will realize that Snyder is the guy who has drive the fan experience into the toilet.

:applause:

Fletcher is a great addition but when you treat your hardest working players as though they are FA fodder you don't deserve to call any of them 'core' players. Regardless...those were due to Snyder all the way (AA, BL, and how many others have reeked of Snyder 'big name' hard on's).

Anyways, last week is when you saw the anger...this week what you are seeing is disgust. I've been disgusted since we blew the Giants game away. They, like us, are probably sick of the team philosophy and playcalling combined. Gibbs seems to be picking up with a more aggressive philosophy but his incompetence in the playcalling (and yes, he is ultimately responsible even when/if Saunders is making the calls) and game management is a HUGE reason this team has 6 losses.

I noticed that this team, with some notable exceptions (Sellers, CP, JC, Smoot) had little heart after getting flattened by New England and acting like they just simply didn't care. No team from the 1980's under Gibbs would have quitely gone down like we did in that game.

You're kidding me right? What are they supposed to do?....Gibbs's didn't even give them a chance to win the game EVEN BEFORE they played the game. Everyone rememebers his 'underdog' comment. Look at Philly...a team we should have beaten TWICE, comes out and almost hands the 'greatest team ever' a loss. Reid gave the players the chance to win the game. Its demoralizing getting your ass stomped by almost 50 points when you KNOW you have the players to get the job done.

I don't really care if the players aren't making a public display of their anger after a game. What I'd like to see is them play with that chip on the shoulder attitude, getting fired up and getting after their opponents. If they were focused, with their mind on putting a whooping on some people, then you'd see them win games like yesterday's. There aren't enough "hungry" guys out there, at least, on offense. If they played with an attitude on Sundays, then you wouldn't see them on Monday wondering what happened, why did we lose the game?

Archived