Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Next season hire Doug Williams as Quarterback coach!

voicekiller

I think it would be a good idea to hire a true mentor for Jason and Doug is a perfect choice. Jason looks up to him and Doug does know the position and knows how to coach.

why would he go from some type of exec position in TB to go be a QB coach for Washington?

What has Doug Williams done to demonstrate that he'd be a good coach?

Personally, I think the QB coach has done a good job with Jason. In fact I credit him with whatever development Jason has demonstrated over the last couple of seasons. Certainly not Joe Gibbs or Al Saunders who treated Jason as if he were some rookie free agent scrub having him do nothing but work with the scout team and not working with the first string until the bye week last year. Way to prep a first round pick. :rolleyes:

why would he go from some type of exec position in TB to go be a QB coach for Washington?

Exactly! Why would he take a huge step down like that. He's director of pro personnel in TB, on a fast track to becoming a GM somewhere. No way he'd be stupid enough to give that up just to be a QB coach here.

Besides, the coaches are doing fine with Campbell - he's right about where he should be now with his level of experience.

I think Jason needs a QB coach who actually played the game and someone he knows and respects

You do realize that we one of on 2 coachs in the entire NFL that actually played QB in the NFL. There might be another but to my knowledge there are only 2. Don Breaux was a QB for the Broncos and Chargers. I remember a thread from last year that asked" What does Don Breaux do"? Im not sure what he does since Saunders arived, but I would imagine he is one of the coachs that works with JC durring practice. I see him in the booth durring games so maybe Im wrong about that but I cant imagine him not being involved. I believe the only other former QB who is now a coach is the Cowboys Jason Garrett.

You do realize that we one of on 2 coachs in the entire NFL that actually played QB in the NFL. There might be another but to my knowledge there are only 2. Don Breaux was a QB for the Broncos and Chargers. I remember a thread from last year that asked" What does Don Breaux do"? Im not sure what he does since Saunders arived, but I would imagine he is one of the coachs that works with JC durring practice. I see him in the booth durring games so maybe Im wrong about that but I cant imagine him not being involved. I believe the only other former QB who is now a coach is the Cowboys Jason Garrett.

Gary Kubiak's now a HC. Wade Wilson, Jim Zorn, Ken Anderson. There's a number of former NFL QBs coaching in the NFL.

Archived