Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Jason Has Filled The Glass Too Fast . . . Way Too Fast

goldenster95

IMO the jury is still out on JC. His flashes have been so brief that one could argue that they are the exception and not the rule. The Skins fans are right to be concerned about what they have at QB.

People have been clamoring for them to "turn him loose" and it looks like they have for the last two games. The results have been two losses where he threw INT's at key moments. So far he hasn't taken the team onto his shoulders and pulled out a win. Usually the good players find ways to make it happen even if it isn't exactly the way the coaches would prefer. I haven't seen that quality from him yet.

Maybe a third year in Saunders offense, which is admittedly complex, Jason will reach a comfort level that allows him to perform at a high level. Maybe not. We'll see.

TheFan

Quite frankly I have taken a back seat most of the year to my personal opinion of JC. Now, here it is after 11 games this year as a starter. He has maintained a lot of the same problems from last year. I kinda call it the Jeff George syndrom. First he has a tendancy to think he can throw a laser fifty yards down the field inbetween coverage. His deep passes continue to not have any air under them. He stares down his receivers. These are the mechanics that need a lot more work.

I'll give him a pass on the Cowpukes loss. The Bucs loss is different. JC learned nothing from the previous week. He single handedly gave away the game by creating two turnovers inside the Bucs 20.

As for his future, he'll be a decent QB. But IMHO, don't expect any SB appearances.

If you are comparing Romo sits to pee and Campbell you are crazy !! Romo sits to pee is so far advanced of Campbell it isn't funny. There isn't one owner, GM, or head coach who wouldn't take Romo sits to pee (even last year) over Campbell. Campbell is your typical athletic quarterback with good tools who isn't football smart. I hear all the bragging of how he has come along the last 3 weeks and guess what .... the Skins are ohhh and three, with Campbell making huge mistakes along the way. This guy is not and never will be a franchise QB.

Quite frankly I have taken a back seat most of the year to my personal opinion of JC. Now, here it is after 11 games this year as a starter. He has maintained a lot of the same problems from last year. I kinda call it the Jeff George syndrom. First he has a tendancy to think he can throw a laser fifty yards down the field inbetween coverage. His deep passes continue to not have any air under them. He stares down his receivers. These are the mechanics that need a lot more work.

I'll give him a pass on the Cowpukes loss. The Bucs loss is different. JC learned nothing from the previous week. He single handedly gave away the game by creating two turnovers inside the Bucs 20.

As for his future, he'll be a decent QB. But IMHO, don't expect any SB appearances.

This is an excellent comparison and I couldn't agree more !!

Outstanding post!!! Well said!!!

I was concerned early, but the last two games have shown me that Campbell can play in this league. I'm anticipating a full glass in the near future. With just a little help from his teammates who are dropping balls hitting them right in their hands, the glass could be 4/5 full!

Id have to agree completely. He so close you can taste it. The only thing that has kept him from being the entire talk of the NFL for the past 3 weeks, is three last minute drives that didnt score(2 because of interceptions). If he doesnt throw interceptions at the very end of the last drive this week, and last week, hes the NFL player of the month. That last quarter of a glass? Its the finish. The last hurdle he has to overcome, is he has to finish off a game with a game winning drive. He hasnt done it yet. Once he does, look out.

If you are comparing Romo sits to pee and Campbell you are crazy !! Romo sits to pee is so far advanced of Campbell it isn't funny. There isn't one owner, GM, or head coach who wouldn't take Romo sits to pee (even last year) over Campbell. Campbell is your typical athletic quarterback with good tools who isn't football smart. I hear all the bragging of how he has come along the last 3 weeks and guess what .... the Skins are ohhh and three, with Campbell making huge mistakes along the way. This guy is not and never will be a franchise QB.

Ummmm, there are some very big differences between Romo sits to pee and Campbell, some of which were discussed in this thread and others discussed elsewhere. Simply put, Romo sits to pee was given free rein last year and did well in the beginning and crashed towards the end of last year.

Campbell has hardly crashed, and the fact that he's gotten to the point of leading the team to brink of victory signifies how far he's come, not how distant he's away from the franchise QB we've all wanted. Hence, the point of my post.

Ummmm, there are some very big differences between Romo sits to pee and Campbell, some of which were discussed in this thread and others discussed elsewhere. Simply put, Romo sits to pee was given free rein last year and did well in the beginning and crashed towards the end of last year.

Campbell has hardly crashed, and the fact that he's gotten to the point of leading the team to brink of victory signifies how far he's come, not how distant he's away from the franchise QB we've all wanted. Hence, the point of my post.

Umm with all due respect, if Romo sits to pee crashed at the end of last year, then Campbell has crashed and burned. Just go back and look at his individual and team stats compared with Campbell's of late. I will take Romo sits to pee's "crash" every time. Not to mention his team last year made the playoffs and well you know about this yeaqr. Don't forget last year Romo sits to pee started for the first time, this is Campbell's 2nd year, so shouldn't his glass be much more full? Why is Romo sits to pee in his 2nd year much (much) better than Campbell in his 2nd year? This half full, too full too fast is total garbage. Why don't you ask the Browns about their too full too fast QB!!! I will take Derek Anderson over Campbell in a minute!

It is very amusing that it takes threads like these to help remind people what is going on. Most of the time, people on ES (and I must admit, I've been a bit irrationals at times) act like chicken little and scream 'the sky is falling!" Although I have questioned a few calls and players from time to time, I have NEVER stopped believing in Campbell. Everyone wants a Brady, Peyton, or Carson Palmer right away. What they don't realize is that it takes time. I hate having to ride the learning curve as much as anyone else, but it certain beats the alternative.

Keep up the good work, JC.

(BTW, my sister had her first child, a boy, in August. His name is Jackson Christopher. But I call him JC!)

Umm with all due respect, if Romo sits to pee crashed at the end of last year, then Campbell has crashed and burned. Just go back and look at his individual and team stats compared with Campbell's of late. I will take Romo sits to pee's "crash" every time. Not to mention his team last year made the playoffs and well you know about this year. Don't forget last year Romo sits to pee started for the first time, this is Campbell's 2nd year, so shouldn't his glass be much more full? Why is Romo sits to pee in his 2nd year much (much) better than Campbell in his 2nd year? This half full, too full too fast is total garbage. Why don't you ask the Browns about their too full too fast QB!!! I will take Derek Anderson over Campbell in a minute!

Umm with all due respect, if Romo sits to pee crashed at the end of last year, then Campbell has crashed and burned. Just go back and look at his individual and team stats compared with Campbell's of late. I will take Romo sits to pee's "crash" every time. Not to mention his team last year made the playoffs and well you know about this year. Don't forget last year Romo sits to pee started for the first time, this is Campbell's 2nd year, so shouldn't his glass be much more full? Why is Romo sits to pee in his 2nd year much (much) better than Campbell in his 2nd year? This half full, too full too fast is total garbage. Why don't you ask the Browns about their too full too fast QB!!! I will take Derek Anderson over Campbell in a minute!

Well, there's always someone like this . . .

First, did you take a look at what Romo sits to pee did at the end of the year last year? You should. Second, Campbell has only been given the reins in the past three weeks, and he, for the most part, has done admirably. That's what makes comparisons to Romo sits to pee and Anderson inapt.

Have you seen any QB with the amount of free rein time he's been given drive the length of the field like he did yesterday after his team put him a 16-0 hole?

Get real, man.

Well, there's always someone like this . . .

First, did you take a look at what Romo sits to pee did at the end of the year last year? You should. Second, Campbell has only been given the reins in the past three weeks, and he, for the most part, has done admirably. That's what makes comparisons to Romo sits to pee and Anderson inapt.

Have you seen any QB with the amount of free rein time he's been given drive the length of the field like he did yesterday after his team put him a 16-0 hole?

Get real, man.

Can you tell me what I am missing? This is Campbells 2nd year starting and there is no doubt he has gotten worse! Look at the stats and then come see me ! Can the same be said for Romo sits to pee (no), Anderson (no). How did those free rein drives end by the way? Oh yeah, INTs, a loss and more "he is almost there" talk. Nice 1st round pick...... he SHOULD be so much better than the other two since he was a (cough) first rounder. Please tell me how he is getting better!!

Can you tell me what I am missing? This is Campbells 2nd year starting and there is no doubt he has gotten worse! Look at the stats and then come see me ! Can the same be said for Romo sits to pee (no), Anderson (no). How did those free rein drives end by the way? Oh yeah, INTs, a loss and more "he is almost there" talk. Nice 1st round pick...... he SHOULD be so much better than the other two since he was a (cough) first rounder. Please tell me how he is getting better!!

How is he getting worse? Stats don't tell you everything, but if you want some, here are just a couple . . . for starters, he put 300+ yards the past two weeks against two top defenses . . . he also won Player of the Week a few weeks ago . . . if you can't see that he's not only improving, but he's actually ascending to the top tier, you're blind . . .

Want proof? When people like Peter King start talking up Jason Campbell the way we are, you know he's the real deal. When periodicals like the Post, which are traditionally hell bent to rip the 'Skins, start saying things like the 'Skins have finally found their franchise QB, you start getting a pretty good picture of things.

Anyone in Campbell's shoes -- i.e., someone who's been given the reins to pass just three weeks ago -- who's able to dig his team out of two big holes against two great defenses is a testament to this youngster's bright future. Sure, he didn't go all the way. But no one I know of in those situations would have done anything close. The fact that he brought us to the brink of victory in both situations gives us more than enough cause for being justifiably optimistic about his future.

:doh: Sure, let's continue the QB merry-go-round because that's worked out great for us over the last decade. You have to be blind not to see how Campbell is progressing. But let's get rid of him and see what happens if/when he blows up. You same cats will be here asking how we let this guy get away. Give the man a chance to develop into a quality QB.

Dallas is #21 against the pass, hardly outstanding. Don't forget they were both losses, just like the game before that. BTW, Mark Brunell had back-to-back 300 yard games in 2005.

That hardly tells the story about the Dallas defense. It's pretty damn good, which is why they're 10-1.

That hardly tells the story about the Dallas defense. It's pretty damn good, which is why they're 10-1.

You have got to be kidding me! I am not talking about the entire Dallas defense I am talking about their pass defense -they are bad - period. No matter how you try to defend Campbell the Dallas pass defense is bad - B A D bad ! Believe me, they are 10-1 based mainly on their offense, not their pass defense. Being a fan is one thing, but don't be blind !

You have got to be kidding me! I am not talking about the entire Dallas defense I am talking about their pass defense -they are bad - period. No matter how you try to defend Campbell the Dallas pass defense is bad - B A D bad ! Believe me, they are 10-1 based mainly on their offense, not their pass defense. Being a fan is one thing, but don't be blind !

Ummmm, one reason why good teams have what appears to be bad pass defenses is due to the garbage yards opponents pick up passing when the good team is WAY ahead. So, no I'm not kidding you.

Being a hater in one thing, but don't be blind!

How is he getting worse? Stats don't tell you everything, but if you want some, here are just a couple . . . for starters, he put 300+ yards the past two weeks against two top defenses . . . he also won Player of the Week a few weeks ago . . . if you can't see that he's not only improving, but he's actually ascending to the top tier, you're blind . . .

Want proof? When people like Peter King start talking up Jason Campbell the way we are, you know he's the real deal. When periodicals like the Post, which are traditionally hell bent to rip the 'Skins, start saying things like the 'Skins have finally found their franchise QB, you start getting a pretty good picture of things.

Anyone in Campbell's shoes -- i.e., someone who's been given the reins to pass just three weeks ago -- who's able to dig his team out of two big holes against two great defenses is a testament to this youngster's bright future. Sure, he didn't go all the way. But no one I know of in those situations would have done anything close. The fact that he brought us to the brink of victory in both situations gives us more than enough cause for being justifiably optimistic about his future.

Lets see when you are behind, you have to throw, chances are you are going to put up big yardage stats, but lets look at these last 2 weeks:

1. 3 ints

2. 2 lost fum

3. 2 losses

4. 6.2 yds per attempt (that is pitiful in case you are not aware)

5. 76 QB rating (Joey Harrington is better than that)

I am sorry, where is the improvement again? If Peter King is your source of proof/facts, I am sorry , you lose and so do the Skins!!

Ummmm, one reason why good teams have what appears to be bad pass defenses is due to the garbage yards opponents pick up passing when the good team is WAY ahead. So, no I'm not kidding you.

Being a hater in one thing, but don't be blind!

If there were any truth to that it would be a valid point, but unfortunately for you, it's not the case, again go back and look at the game by game stats! You need to research before you speak !

Lets see when you are behind, you have to throw, chances are you are going to put up big yardage stats, but lets look at these last 2 weeks:

1. 3 ints

2. 2 lost fum

3. 2 losses

4. 6.2 yds per attempt (that is pitiful in case you are not aware)

5. 76 QB rating (Joey Harrington is better than that)

I am sorry, where is the improvement again? If Peter King is your source of proof/facts, I am sorry , you lose and so do the Skins!!

One example: Player of the Week? Oh yeah, that's an inconvenient fact, right? Whoops.

Let's see, when you're driving for what potentially could be a game winning score, the defense is at its best, especially because they know you HAVE to throw and can plan their defense around that. Aside from the stats themselves, which you seem to uncritically accept as gospel of a QB's worth, you judge JC by what he's done overall. (I guess you missed that part of JC winning the POW award just recently, another fact you seem to conveniently omit.) One part of that performance is what he did on those drives. And taking into consideration all of that, he's done pretty damn well.

And what's this about Joey Harrington? Huh? Why is he an appropriate comparison? Man, your points are weak, dude.

As for Peter King, yeah he can be a blow hard, but when people like him are talking up the 'Skins, you've come pretty far in convincing the dunces in the media.

Oh yeah, what about the Post? Another convenient whiff?

Got any repsectable person agreeing with you?

Just wondering.

If there were any truth to that it would be a valid point, but unfortunately for you, it's not the case, again go back and look at the game by game stats! You need to research before you speak !

I do research. I also do something else: think.

You should try it before you speak.

Archived