Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Jason Has Filled The Glass Too Fast . . . Way Too Fast

goldenster95

I for one maybe in the minority, but think that Jason has been babied quite a bit.

1. The Skins have a ton invested in him. They gave up several picks, including 2 first rounders for him.

2. To temper expectations, they let him sit and watch an entire season and half while Brunell was running the offense. Some of the other rookie were forced into starting much earlier and have performed much better than Jason.

3. Jason is not consistent. He makes some good throws, and a ton of bad ones. He doesn't read the defenses well, and when the game is on the line has consistently failed to deliver.

4. Jason is a loud mouth. Rather than letting his actions speak for themselves he shoots off to reporters ... Compare him to Tony Romo sits to pee. They both have played the same number of games - guess who has a better win/loss record? Guess who delivers when the game is on the line - It's NOT Jason! Tom Brady, Ben Rothlisberger both led their teams to Super Bowls in their rookie year!

5. This is Jason's 3rd year in the NFL ... and, he is still developing?! Come on folks ... Enough is enough!

Time for the Skin fans to take a step back and take an objective look at where there team is when compared to the rest of the elite NFL teams. For over a decade we have been sympathetic - oh! This year we will turn things around! Oh! This upcoming year we will tear the NFL apart! Oh! This year all the losses where not our players/coaches fault - they were the fans fault! Yeah! That's the ticket!

Time for the Skins FO to take a good hard look at the talent or lack thereof that we have... and, make an HONEST attempt to fix it in the offseason.

Cheers!

I for one maybe in the minority, but think that Jason has been babied quite a bit.

1. The Skins have a ton invested in him. They gave up several picks, including 2 first rounders for him.

That's true . . .

2. To temper expectations, they let him sit and watch an entire season and half while Brunell was running the offense. Some of the other rookie were forced into starting much earlier and have performed much better than Jason.

Really? Like whom? More on this later.

3. Jason is not consistent. He makes some good throws, and a ton of bad ones. He doesn't read the defenses well, and when the game is on the line has consistently failed to deliver.

"Ton" of bad ones. Credibility dashed. He does make bad ones, and unfortunately two of them have come at completely inopportune times, but he put is in the position to win those games. What other QB would have drove nearly 93 yards down the field on the Tampa Bay defense?

4. Jason is a loud mouth. Rather than letting his actions speak for themselves he shoots off to reporters ... Compare him to Tony Romo sits to pee. They both have played the same number of games - guess who has a better win/loss record? Guess who delivers when the game is on the line - It's NOT Jason! Tom Brady, Ben Rothlisberger both led their teams to Super Bowls in their rookie year!

Wow, loudmouth, huh? And these points have been addressed and disposed of above.

5. This is Jason's 3rd year in the NFL ... and, he is still developing?! Come on folks ... Enough is enough!

<yawn> Next . . .

Time for the Skin fans to take a step back and take an objective look at where there team is when compared to the rest of the elite NFL teams. For over a decade we have been sympathetic - oh! This year we will turn things around! Oh! This upcoming year we will tear the NFL apart! Oh! This year all the losses where not our players/coaches fault - they were the fans fault! Yeah! That's the ticket!

Also addressed above . . . when people like Peter King state that he's rounding into one of the top 10 or 12 QBs in the league, I think I'l take his word over yours.

Time for the Skins FO to take a good hard look at the talent or lack thereof that we have... and, make an HONEST attempt to fix it in the offseason.

You might want to take your own advice on this one.

Nice post, Goldenster. I don't completely agree, of course, and would probably be labled a "Campbell hater" by many on this board... but I recognize well thought out points when I see them.

Nice job.

Today isn't the day for Redskin fans to be fighting with other Redskin fans, anyway.

So, here's to hoping you're correct and Jason is our franchise guy. :cheers:

I'd call you more of a "Campbell skeptic" rather than hater. ;)

And mi6? Campbell is completing over 60% of his passes this year. Explain how he's making a ton of bad throws, especially considering we haven't had the luxury of great WR play this year. Outside of the Dallas game, Moss has been struggling, as have most of our WR's.

Archived