Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Two major accomplishments in the first 8 games

terpfan

We are halfway through the season, and yet we have already improved on last year in two huge ways.

We already have more sacks (20) than we had all of last year (19).

We also have more takeaways (13: 8 INTs, 5 FUMBLES) than all of last year (12: 6 INTs, 6 FUMBLES)

And it still feels like we are leaving some turnovers on the field with dropped picks and bad bounces on forced fumbles. (We have 11 FF and 5 FR, that is probably a stat that will start to turn our way a little more)

The additions of Landry and Fletcher and the strides made by Carter and McIntosh have helped greatly in these two areas. Just something to think about, and maybe feel positive about. :)

(and to take everyone's minds of the offense for a minute)

lets keep it up and hope it continues....i was just lookin at andre carters stats on Nfl.com and i realized he has already matched his sack total and number of passes batted down for all of last year in the first 1/2 this year...

Another thing to think about is Phillip Daniels...that man is playing his A** off and even if it doesn't show up in the stat sheet he is a force on rushing plays and he always seems to be around the ballcarrier especially during fumbles and other big plays

i love our D and how we have already passed our turnover ratio from last year...i'm hoping our offense will step up the second half of the season and we can be dominant on both sides of the ball.

thanks for posting that terpfan, i'm always happy to read threads like this

lets keep it up and hope it continues....i was just lookin at andre carters stats on Nfl.com and i realized he has already matched his sack total and number of passes batted down for all of last year in the first 1/2 this year...

Another thing to think about is Phillip Daniels...that man is playing his A** off and even if it doesn't show up in the stat sheet he is a force on rushing plays and he always seems to be around the ballcarrier especially during fumbles and other big plays

Philip Daniels is playing big this season. He is a big reason the D is playing so well. Andre Carter is just flying out there. He is playing great.

Another big thing is Rogers's improvement. Man did I *HATE* that choice for so long, but he really, really stepped it up this season. I'm damned proud of #22 now! He's definitely missed.

We've also proven that it's at least possible to run the ball with our patchwork offensive line and that Portis still has it.

ARE has stepped it up as well.

Honestly, things aren't that bad. I'm not expecting XLII, but here's the most important stat of all:

We already have as many wins as we did last year. We LITERALLY can't do any worse.

We are halfway through the season, and yet we have already improved on last year in two huge ways.

We also have more takeaways (13: 8 INTs, 5 FUMBLES) than all of last year (12: 6 INTs, 6 FUMBLES)

And it still feels like we are leaving some turnovers on the field with dropped picks and bad bounces on forced fumbles. (We have 11 FF and 5 FR, that is probably a stat that will start to turn our way a little more)

The additions of Landry and Fletcher and the strides made by Carter and McIntosh have helped greatly in these two areas. Just something to think about, and maybe feel positive about. :)

Thanks for this. I owe you one big time!

Anything that can take my mind off the offense, even for just a minute or two is kudo-worthy!

Great points. Not to mention more wins, a qb whose best games are in front of him, not behind him, a healthy CP, a second year for the entire O under the same system and a kicker on his way to the pro bowl. And no new bad FA's!

Down side is Carlos, the O line injuries and ARE and Moss slowed by injuries. And Lloyd still not doing anything.

FG kicking? :D

I know this is a joke but I'd like to tip my hat to Suisham. It's been a long time since I've expected a Redskins kicked to make a FG. So far I think this season is going great. We've improved our defense greatly, we're breaking in a young QB who is showing promise, found our kicker/punter, and we didn't hurt ourselves with any FA busts.

actually our defense could be better if the offense had moved the ball more. We have a bunch of 3 and outs as well as our turnovers by Campbell have put our defense in a bad situation more often than not.

Considering that our offense is so conservative...why do we turn the ball over so much? Seems like if we are going to turn it over...then why not let it fly and try to go downfield and score more.

But as far as the defense....if we can just get a pass rushing defensive end next season, a run stuffing defensive tackle, and a shutdown cornerback to replace Springs, then this defense can go to the next level and compete with Pittsburgs Defense.

actually our defense could be better if the offense had moved the ball more. We have a bunch of 3 and outs as well as our turnovers by Campbell have put our defense in a bad situation more often than not.

Considering that our offense is so conservative...why do we turn the ball over so much? Seems like if we are going to turn it over...then why not let it fly and try to go downfield and score more.

But as far as the defense....if we can just get a pass rushing defensive end next season, a run stuffing defensive tackle, and a shutdown cornerback to replace Springs, then this defense can go to the next level and compete with Pittsburgs Defense.

That is a HUGE point and part of the reason the offense needs to make first downs and score 21 points or more. How many games the last three years has the defense been on their own for the most part? And still put up good numbers? Top defenses, rankings wise, usually have offenses that score. It goes hand in hand.

Archived