Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Can't Wait to See Colts - Patriots II

bulldog

the Patriots and Colts are pretty evenly matched.

I actually found it interesting that without Marvin Harrison and Anthony Gonzalez (who was hurt in the first quarter) that the Colts were able to take this game to the end with a chance to win it. I also didn't realize at the time that the Colts were playing without their regular left tackle, which accounted for some of the heat Vrabel and Co. were able to get on Manning.

All of this leads me to believe that the Colts have a good chance of knocking the Patriots out of the playoffs if they meet as these players will be back in the lineup.

I just hope that both teams remain healthy and we can see a great second part to this drama.

Too many other teams have been destroyed by injuries and in the second half you can bet that at least one or two of the teams with winning records will fall by the wayside due to losing key performers.

then again--if the Colts hadn't had that miracle play to close the first half, that game wasn't nearly as close...the lack of a deep threat clearly was a fundamentally disabling factor for the Colts.

I'm looking forward to it too...hope the Colts knock off the Pats so we don't have to see anymore Manning Face.

the Patriots and Colts are pretty evenly matched.

I actually found it interesting that without Marvin Harrison and Anthony Gonzalez (who was hurt in the first quarter) that the Colts were able to take this game to the end with a chance to win it. I also didn't realize at the time that the Colts were playing without their regular left tackle, which accounted for some of the heat Vrabel and Co. were able to get on Manning.

All of this leads me to believe that the Colts have a good chance of knocking the Patriots out of the playoffs if they meet as these players will be back in the lineup.

I just hope that both teams remain healthy and we can see a great second part to this drama.

Too many other teams have been destroyed by injuries and in the second half you can bet that at least one or two of the teams with winning records will fall by the wayside due to losing key performers.

Don't count out the Steelers-they give the Colts matchup nightmares-remember what they did to them at the RCA Dome a couple of years ago.

man.... i thought that part I was ok.... nowhere near as good as i thought it would be

sucks for the colts not having their #1 all-star, go-to receiver.... or their #3 reciever.... or one of their olineman.... anyone else?

i feel as though it would have been a COMPLETELY different game if the colts had their full roster. and if they meet again, i hope they do

(#*& the pats!

I don't know, the colts laid an egg in my eyes. Outside of the 73 yard pitch and catch they did nothing. I feel the phantom PI calls on the pats was a big factor in the game. They ended up with like 150 yards of penalties. This goes unnoticed for some reason

Depends on where the game is played.

If it's at NE, fuggeddaboutit. The Colts are an indoor team. Their pass rush won't be nearly as effective at NE w/o the crowd noise (conversely, the Patriot pass rush will be better). And their speed on defense is mitigated outdoors, too. Not to mention that Sanders is way overdue for an injury that will shelve him for several weeks, and if he's not in, their D really suffers.

Wouldn't it be something if the Steelers turned the tables on the Patriots and went into Gillette and beat them?

Archived