Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Williams is Going to Have To Adjust the Scheme

method man

What week will the WR's score a TD?  

96 members have voted

1. 1. What week will the WR's score a TD?

• Week 9 NYJ
    • Week 10 Philly
    • Week 11 Dallas
    • Week 12 Tampa
    • Week 13 Buffalo
    • Week 14 Chicago
    • Week 15 Giants
    • Week 16 Vikings
    • Week 17 Dallas

The offense is proving right now that it is a pile of turd. They suck; they can't move the ball and sustain drives against good defenses.

Despite Rogers getting injured, I think Grilliams needs to adjust this scheme to make it much more aggressive in bringing pressure. Our defense needs to become the offense (kinda like what the Bears did for the past two seasons before this). The only way we are going to beat good teams is to shorten the field for the offense and at least get field goals out of them. For example, I think we should give Chris Wilson a lot more playing time, because he is the 2nd best pass rusher on the team after Carter. I also like the set where we play Daniels at DT and have him penetrate into the backfield.

We have not sent Landry at all on any blitzes this season and this is one of his strong suits. Send him more often at the QB.

The offense is proving right now that it is a pile of turd. They suck; they can't move the ball and sustain drives against good defenses.

Despite Rogers getting injured, I think Grilliams needs to adjust this scheme to make it much more aggressive in bringing pressure. Our defense needs to become the offense (kinda like what the Bears did for the past two seasons before this). The only way we are going to beat good teams is to shorten the field for the offense and at least get field goals out of them. For example, I think we should give Chris Wilson a lot more playing time, because he is the 2nd best pass rusher on the team after Carter. I also like the set where we play Daniels at DT and have him penetrate into the backfield.

We have not sent Landry at all on any blitzes this season and this is one of his strong suits. Send him more often at the QB.

this bend but don't break defense is called Joe Gibbs conservative defense. Just don't give up the big play even if the other team drives downfield 75 yards and scores a TD. Make the other team beat you...and so far it has happened 3 times.

I believe the Skins do pretty well if they are not playing a QB named Manning, Favre, Brady, or Romo sits to pee. Unfortunately they still have a Manning and 2 Romo sits to pee's on their schedule. That makes 6 losses so they can still finish 10-6 if they could rely on all the other QB's do fire those balls into the dirt like McNabb did in Philly. But I kind of doubt it.

this bend but don't break defense is called Joe Gibbs conservative defense. Just don't give up the big play even if the other team drives downfield 75 yards and scores a TD. Make the other team beat you...and so far it has happened 3 times.

I believe the Skins do pretty well if they are not playing a QB named Manning, Favre, Brady, or Romo sits to pee. Unfortunately they still have a Manning and 2 Romo sits to pee's on their schedule. That makes 6 losses so they can still finish 10-6 if they could rely on all the other QB's do fire those balls into the dirt like McNabb did in Philly. But I kind of doubt it.

i do agree with you here, however the teams we have played so far this season have been predominantly passing teams, and we have laid back and not given up the big play which has kept us in most games, minus the pats game obviously. seeing how we are playing a very young qb this week, i see us blitzing a lot more and trying to get to the him and force mistakes

i do agree with you here, however the teams we have played so far this season have been predominantly passing teams, and we have laid back and not given up the big play which has kept us in most games, minus the pats game obviously. seeing how we are playing a very young qb this week, i see us blitzing a lot more and trying to get to the him and force mistakes

stopping a pass first offense should allow 4 d lineman to get pressure thats what they want sacks / FF's and if you sit back and take away the WR's deep plays, giving the QB nobody to throw to unless he checks it down. zone coverage should produce INT if he throws into the DB zone where your playmakers sit on deep and intermediate pass routes. QBs hate checking down to RBs, they want to go downfield, if they run the ball i doubt they will because this defense shuts that down effectively with LBs that can come downhill and tackle. IMO its up to the redskins offense to put some kinda points on the board, unfortunately the redskins o line is bad and the guys behind them reap the benefits.

stopping a pass first offense should allow 4 d lineman to get pressure thats what they want sacks / FF's and if you sit back and take away the WR's deep plays, giving the QB nobody to throw to unless he checks it down. zone coverage should produce INT if he throws into the DB zone where your playmakers sit on deep and intermediate pass routes. QBs hate checking down to RBs, they want to go downfield, if they run the ball i doubt they will because this defense shuts that down effectively with LBs that can come downhill and tackle. IMO its up to the redskins offense to put some kinda points on the board, unfortunately the redskins o line is bad and the guys behind them reap the benefits.

how many games has this defense really costed the redskins? last i checked its because of this defense we were in every game :doh1:

none but we need them to carry this team to an even higher level to get anywhere this season.

why don't you go back and read my post :doh:

how many games has this defense really costed the redskins? last i checked its because of this defense we were in every game :doh1:

none but we need them to carry this team to an even higher level to get anywhere this season.

ok then if it aint broke why fix it? its the offense that needs more threads started about the o line picking up a blitz, the defense has surpassed anyones expectation with 4 DLineman and zone coverages with no blitzing. IMO it leaves holes for good pass 1st run last teams enjoy taking advantage of, what do you think they do in practice? practice run plays? :silly:

ok then if it aint broke why fix it? its the offense that needs more threads started about the o line picking up a blitz, the defense has surpassed anyones expectation with 4 DLineman and zone coverages with no blitzing. IMO it leaves holes for good pass 1st run last teams enjoy taking advantage of, what do you think they do in practice? practice run plays? :silly:

ffs people.. Williams can't adjust? His current scheme is an adjustment. Williams is known for his creative blitzing. He does need to adjust his scheme, because the Pats have shown it's susceptible to a very well executed short field attack. He needs to start showing new things and mix it. Then again, he's not an idiot, and I'm sure he knows this as well.

Archived