Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Yesterday and today I am embarrassed as a Redskins fan

CapitalDefense

If you are a skins fan, if you are a Gibbs fan, how can you not be embarassed? I've got a lot emotionally invested in this team, and yeah, it's just a sports team, but it means a lot to me. That they could go out and just get obliterated like that is unimaginable. How the hell does HOF coach Joe Gibbs let this happen? I'm not throwing in my Burgundy and Gold. I wore my Skins hat today, showing htat I'm still behind this team 100%. But this was soooo disappointing. Gregg Williams game plan I don't necessarily think was the problem, we couldn't do anything though defensively or offensively. Campbell, a person I've been extremely high on all season, looked like a deer in headlights yesterday. WTF?!?!

It is a sad day when Joe Jackson Gibbs can let something like this happen. A very sad day. I'll never call for Gibbs to be fired, cause he's Gibbs, but this...I just can't wrap my head around how they allow this to happen. This is his 4th year...we've had 2 2nd half collapses this year and now this?!?! What in the world is going on...

Ugh...I'm through venting.

Dude, calm down. Remember 2005 when we lost to the Giants like 31-0 or something? We went on to crush them right before making the playoffs. Guess who was the coach then? GIBBS! Stop crying because we had one horrible game.

If you are a skins fan, if you are a Gibbs fan, how can you not be embarassed? I've got a lot emotionally invested in this team, and yeah, it's just a sports team, but it means a lot to me. That they could go out and just get obliterated like that is unimaginable. How the hell does HOF coach Joe Gibbs let this happen? I'm not throwing in my Burgundy and Gold. I wore my Skins hat today, showing htat I'm still behind this team 100%. But this was soooo disappointing. Gregg Williams game plan I don't necessarily think was the problem, we couldn't do anything though defensively or offensively. Campbell, a person I've been extremely high on all season, looked like a deer in headlights yesterday. WTF?!?!

It is a sad day when Joe Jackson Gibbs can let something like this happen. A very sad day. I'll never call for Gibbs to be fired, cause he's Gibbs, but this...I just can't wrap my head around how they allow this to happen. This is his 4th year...we've had 2 2nd half collapses this year and now this?!?! What in the world is going on...

Ugh...I'm through venting.

Dude, calm down. Remember 2005 when we lost to the Giants like 31-0 or something? We went on to crush them right before making the playoffs. Guess who was the coach then? GIBBS! Stop crying because we had one horrible game.

No, I watched 3 of their other games this year (Browns, Cowboys, and Dolphins) to see what we should expect for our game. Of the 3, the Dolphins looked like we did, like they didn't belong on the same field. But even they came back and showed something in the 2nd half.

And the god damn Cowboys stayed in that game for quite some time. About 20 times longer than the TWO minutes that we were in the game.

You can't compare that game to what we saw yesterday.

Sure other teams may have been in the game longer, but the Pats average

wins are by like 25+ points (more after yesterday im sure) in the NFL these days, that is considered blow outs. Deny it if you want, i dont care.

No, I watched 3 of their other games this year (Browns, Cowboys, and Dolphins) to see what we should expect for our game. Of the 3, the Dolphins looked like we did, like they didn't belong on the same field. But even they came back and showed something in the 2nd half.

And the god damn Cowboys stayed in that game for quite some time. About 20 times longer than the TWO minutes that we were in the game.

You can't compare that game to what we saw yesterday.

Sure other teams may have been in the game longer, but the Pats average

wins are by like 25+ points (more after yesterday im sure) in the NFL these days, that is considered blow outs. Deny it if you want, i dont care.

I think the Redskins who played that game should man up and forfeit their paychecks and donate it to charity. They don't deserve it.

I am totally embarrased to be a Skins fan and Joe Gibbs has let me down. He refuses to change despite week after week blowing leads by his conservative ways and this week by not coaching up JASON Campbell to drop 5 yards and throw the football. NOT by coaching him up to hold and hold and hold the football until he fumbles. You know what Gibbs...if you QB can't read a defense or find the open receiver....JUST TELL HIM TO STOP WITH HIS READS AND 5 STEP DROP AND THROW. The worse that happens is he will have an incompletion which of course he has plenty of those since he is a 53 percent QB.

poor poor poor coaching. Grandpa Gibbs is over the hill.

I think the Redskins who played that game should man up and forfeit their paychecks and donate it to charity. They don't deserve it.

I am totally embarrased to be a Skins fan and Joe Gibbs has let me down. He refuses to change despite week after week blowing leads by his conservative ways and this week by not coaching up JASON Campbell to drop 5 yards and throw the football. NOT by coaching him up to hold and hold and hold the football until he fumbles. You know what Gibbs...if you QB can't read a defense or find the open receiver....JUST TELL HIM TO STOP WITH HIS READS AND 5 STEP DROP AND THROW. The worse that happens is he will have an incompletion which of course he has plenty of those since he is a 53 percent QB.

poor poor poor coaching. Grandpa Gibbs is over the hill.

Players didnt roll over and stop trying. They didnt want to get shut out and they drove down and got a TD when there was no chance at a comeback.

Lets face it. The Patriots starters were already in the film room in the final 5 minutes beginning to prepare for the Colts game. The Redskins scored on the Patriots cheerleaders and the baton twirler was playing safety.

Players didnt roll over and stop trying. They didnt want to get shut out and they drove down and got a TD when there was no chance at a comeback.

Lets face it. The Patriots starters were already in the film room in the final 5 minutes beginning to prepare for the Colts game. The Redskins scored on the Patriots cheerleaders and the baton twirler was playing safety.

I have been a Redskins fan ever since I can remember, but yesterday and today were flat out embarassing. I wore my Redskins cap to work today and was horse laughed every where I went, oh well.

Reasons for embarrassment.....

1. For the fans and the media that are whining about the Pats running up the score. They get payed the same as the Redskins do, to win football games, end of story. Score be damned.....

2. For the 53 players who picked up a paycheck today for absolutely no effort!

3. For the coaching staff and the lack of preparation

I have never been embarrassed when talking about the Washington Redskins no matter how bad things were in the past. Yesterday and today I was

First off, I find it amusing that your co-workers "horse laughed" you (whatever the hell that is) for wearin' your Skins hat. I take it they are all Panther fans. The Redskins are 6-1 or 7-1 vs them all time. But I also work with mostly Panther fans. Stupidest bunch of fans (next to Cowgirl fans) that I've ever came across. They are idiots for saying anything to you. Especially since they just got their ***** handed to them this Sunday, as well. As for #1. You're wrong. It's perfectly reasonable for people to be grumbling about it. Not that they scored all the points. But the WAY they went about it. It's called winning with class. And obviously the Pats don't have much of it. I agree with 2 and 3, completely. With that said, you should never feel "embarrassed" to be a fan of this team.

I have been a Redskins fan ever since I can remember, but yesterday and today were flat out embarassing. I wore my Redskins cap to work today and was horse laughed every where I went, oh well.

Reasons for embarrassment.....

1. For the fans and the media that are whining about the Pats running up the score. They get payed the same as the Redskins do, to win football games, end of story. Score be damned.....

2. For the 53 players who picked up a paycheck today for absolutely no effort!

3. For the coaching staff and the lack of preparation

I have never been embarrassed when talking about the Washington Redskins no matter how bad things were in the past. Yesterday and today I was

First off, I find it amusing that your co-workers "horse laughed" you (whatever the hell that is) for wearin' your Skins hat. I take it they are all Panther fans. The Redskins are 6-1 or 7-1 vs them all time. But I also work with mostly Panther fans. Stupidest bunch of fans (next to Cowgirl fans) that I've ever came across. They are idiots for saying anything to you. Especially since they just got their ***** handed to them this Sunday, as well. As for #1. You're wrong. It's perfectly reasonable for people to be grumbling about it. Not that they scored all the points. But the WAY they went about it. It's called winning with class. And obviously the Pats don't have much of it. I agree with 2 and 3, completely. With that said, you should never feel "embarrassed" to be a fan of this team.

I'm not embarrassed. I have nothing to be embarrased about. I am however disapointed in the effort the ENTIRE team put into preparing for the Pats.

Aikman pointed out Samuel jumping routes, yet nothing was done. We couldn't run the ball yet refused to strech the field so the safties had to play deep. A wide open Vrable in the endzone!!! Everyone knew he was getting the ball. This is a team loss, players and coaches, and they should be embarrased. Not the fans.

I'm not embarrassed. I have nothing to be embarrased about. I am however disapointed in the effort the ENTIRE team put into preparing for the Pats.

Aikman pointed out Samuel jumping routes, yet nothing was done. We couldn't run the ball yet refused to strech the field so the safties had to play deep. A wide open Vrable in the endzone!!! Everyone knew he was getting the ball. This is a team loss, players and coaches, and they should be embarrased. Not the fans.

Anybody that is not embarrassed by what transpired Sunday and the aftermath of the "running up the score" has no self-pride or never played a competitive sport in their life. Okay, so you're not embarrassed. Good for you. You wanna accept mediocrity? Then go ahead. I expect more from the team I root for.

Hmmmmmm.....My new sig.

Anybody that is not embarrassed by what transpired Sunday and the aftermath of the "running up the score" has no self-pride or never played a competitive sport in their life. Okay, so you're not embarrassed. Good for you. You wanna accept mediocrity? Then go ahead. I expect more from the team I root for.

Hmmmmmm.....My new sig.

Archived