Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Yesterday and today I am embarrassed as a Redskins fan

CapitalDefense

I have been a Redskins fan ever since I can remember, but yesterday and today were flat out embarassing. I wore my Redskins cap to work today and was horse laughed every where I went, oh well.

Reasons for embarrassment.....

1. For the fans and the media that are whining about the Pats running up the score. They get payed the same as the Redskins do, to win football games, end of story. Score be damned.....

2. For the 53 players who picked up a paycheck today for absolutely no effort!

3. For the coaching staff and the lack of preparation

4. That the little idiot and his racket are running things again

5.This debacle AKA a coaching search

I have never been embarrassed when talking about the Washington Redskins no matter how bad things were in the past. Yesterday and today I was

edited.... to add 4 and 5

I have been a Redskins fan ever since I can remember, but yesterday and today were flat out embarassing. I wore my Redskins cap to work today and was horse laughed every where I went, oh well.

1. For the fans and the media that are whining about the Pats running up the score. They get payed the same as the Redskins do, to win football games, end of story. Score be damned.....

4. That the little idiot and his racket are running things again

5.This debacle AKA a coaching search

I have never been embarrassed when talking about the Washington Redskins no matter how bad things were in the past. Yesterday and today I was

edited.... to add 4 and 5

Why are you embarrassed? Did you play the game? Did you roll over like a sick duck and get run over by a car? No the players did, if they come out and lose the Jets and dont play with pride then F them and the whole organization. You should be proud that you still are a fan of an organization that has been a joke for 16 years.

Why are you embarrassed? Did you play the game? Did you roll over like a sick duck and get run over by a car? No the players did, if they come out and lose the Jets and dont play with pride then F them and the whole organization. You should be proud that you still are a fan of an organization that has been a joke for 16 years.

Sorry you're embarrassed. That's your call to feel that way. I feel that we got beat by a great team. Embarrassing? Maybe....but I'm not. If I didn't get embarrassed representing this team when we were 3-13...then I won't be embarrassed by this loss. Winning cures alot of this stuff. Look at Dallas...their fans have forgotten the not so long ago 1-15 season that they had b/c they're winning now. Winning is the cure for all ailments in this league. I say...don't be embarrassed! Represent w/pride...we lost...we lost to a good team..we lost by alot of points...so what? The sky didn't fall....the earth didn't shake...the morning came as usual. I hated that loss...but you have to give credit where credit is due. They flat out outplayed us on every level. But they've done that to every team they've faced. We're in the big pond w/the little fishes. I just kinda laugh w/folks and then ask them...did your team beat NE? No?...just wait...your time will come if they're on your schedule. I don't see a team that can take them right now including the Colts.

I'm still a Skins fan...still wear my stuff...I did it when we were bottom feeders....I did it when we were cream of the crop...this loss changes nothing w/me. I'm not embarrassed...now if we lose to NY? I may get embarrassed.

Sorry you're embarrassed. That's your call to feel that way. I feel that we got beat by a great team. Embarrassing? Maybe....but I'm not. If I didn't get embarrassed representing this team when we were 3-13...then I won't be embarrassed by this loss. Winning cures alot of this stuff. Look at Dallas...their fans have forgotten the not so long ago 1-15 season that they had b/c they're winning now. Winning is the cure for all ailments in this league. I say...don't be embarrassed! Represent w/pride...we lost...we lost to a good team..we lost by alot of points...so what? The sky didn't fall....the earth didn't shake...the morning came as usual. I hated that loss...but you have to give credit where credit is due. They flat out outplayed us on every level. But they've done that to every team they've faced. We're in the big pond w/the little fishes. I just kinda laugh w/folks and then ask them...did your team beat NE? No?...just wait...your time will come if they're on your schedule. I don't see a team that can take them right now including the Colts.

I'm still a Skins fan...still wear my stuff...I did it when we were bottom feeders....I did it when we were cream of the crop...this loss changes nothing w/me. I'm not embarrassed...now if we lose to NY? I may get embarrassed.

Amen brother!

Amen brother!

Me too. I live outside of filly and it has been an awful awful day. Very very embarrassing. I can't believe they were that bad. I can't believe it.

Me too. I live outside of filly and it has been an awful awful day. Very very embarrassing. I can't believe they were that bad. I can't believe it.

If you are a skins fan, if you are a Gibbs fan, how can you not be embarassed? I've got a lot emotionally invested in this team, and yeah, it's just a sports team, but it means a lot to me. That they could go out and just get obliterated like that is unimaginable. How the hell does HOF coach Joe Gibbs let this happen? I'm not throwing in my Burgundy and Gold. I wore my Skins hat today, showing htat I'm still behind this team 100%. But this was soooo disappointing. Gregg Williams game plan I don't necessarily think was the problem, we couldn't do anything though defensively or offensively. Campbell, a person I've been extremely high on all season, looked like a deer in headlights yesterday. WTF?!?!

It is a sad day when Joe Jackson Gibbs can let something like this happen. A very sad day. I'll never call for Gibbs to be fired, cause he's Gibbs, but this...I just can't wrap my head around how they allow this to happen. This is his 4th year...we've had 2 2nd half collapses this year and now this?!?! What in the world is going on...

Ugh...I'm through venting.

If you are a skins fan, if you are a Gibbs fan, how can you not be embarassed? I've got a lot emotionally invested in this team, and yeah, it's just a sports team, but it means a lot to me. That they could go out and just get obliterated like that is unimaginable. How the hell does HOF coach Joe Gibbs let this happen? I'm not throwing in my Burgundy and Gold. I wore my Skins hat today, showing htat I'm still behind this team 100%. But this was soooo disappointing. Gregg Williams game plan I don't necessarily think was the problem, we couldn't do anything though defensively or offensively. Campbell, a person I've been extremely high on all season, looked like a deer in headlights yesterday. WTF?!?!

It is a sad day when Joe Jackson Gibbs can let something like this happen. A very sad day. I'll never call for Gibbs to be fired, cause he's Gibbs, but this...I just can't wrap my head around how they allow this to happen. This is his 4th year...we've had 2 2nd half collapses this year and now this?!?! What in the world is going on...

Ugh...I'm through venting.

Players were embarrased too--London Fletcher said as much.

But, hey--this is sports, people: if you are a fan of a team, and not just a front-runner who gets on the jock of any winner, you'll have days like this. It makes it feel that much better when you do win. That's part of what it means to be a sports fan, in the true sense.

Today I got ribbed by friends about it, and I've been on the internet checking things out, for good or ill. What I wish is that the Jets game were tonight, so we could wash the bad taste out of our mouths. But this is football, not baseball, so we wait until Sunday. Sometimes it's tough to be a fan, but that's how it is. If you can't take it, stop watching.

Players were embarrased too--London Fletcher said as much.

But, hey--this is sports, people: if you are a fan of a team, and not just a front-runner who gets on the jock of any winner, you'll have days like this. It makes it feel that much better when you do win. That's part of what it means to be a sports fan, in the true sense.

Today I got ribbed by friends about it, and I've been on the internet checking things out, for good or ill. What I wish is that the Jets game were tonight, so we could wash the bad taste out of our mouths. But this is football, not baseball, so we wait until Sunday. Sometimes it's tough to be a fan, but that's how it is. If you can't take it, stop watching.

Dam, the truth hurts :(

Dam, the truth hurts :(

Archived