Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Campbell on 'running it up'

DEEZL

but the redskins have visably eased up in the giants and the cardinals game after getting small leads, and it just goes to show that this offense lacks the killer instinct to put teams away that the patriots blatantly have. or any good offense has for that matter. you realize weve only scored 3 touchdowns on offense in one game?? thats the most weve put up.

i dont even think this team could put up big points even if they wanted to because we just arent very good at the moment. sitting on leads, leads to games like the cardinals and giants games. ugly ugly stuff.

The Redskins did not "visibly ease up" against the Giants. Go review the play-calling for that game and I think you'll be surprised. What happened was that New York just killed them in terms of execution. And frankly, if that happens, you're going to lose 9/10 no matter how ambitious your gameplanning is.

Yeah, it is ugly, but you just said it, they are rarely good enough to put up big points. There's not enough talent and/or experience to be a high-scoring offense with this amount of injuries.

but the redskins have visably eased up in the giants and the cardinals game after getting small leads, and it just goes to show that this offense lacks the killer instinct to put teams away that the patriots blatantly have. or any good offense has for that matter. you realize weve only scored 3 touchdowns on offense in one game?? thats the most weve put up.

i dont even think this team could put up big points even if they wanted to because we just arent very good at the moment. sitting on leads, leads to games like the cardinals and giants games. ugly ugly stuff.

The Redskins did not "visibly ease up" against the Giants. Go review the play-calling for that game and I think you'll be surprised. What happened was that New York just killed them in terms of execution. And frankly, if that happens, you're going to lose 9/10 no matter how ambitious your gameplanning is.

Yeah, it is ugly, but you just said it, they are rarely good enough to put up big points. There's not enough talent and/or experience to be a high-scoring offense with this amount of injuries.

Its not a veiled shot good god...it is exactly what it looks like.

JC is a REDSKIN. He is saying WE as in the Redskins...thats our philosophy. A Gibbs led team. The Redskins. Look it up historically, they play conservatively with a lead. Its the same thing half of you fools are crying about all the time..."go for the kill!" Gibbs utilizes teh clock, its what he does. Other teams dont and go for the kill and then some. Thats all Jason said, and its EXACTLY what he meant.

Its not a veiled shot good god...it is exactly what it looks like.

JC is a REDSKIN. He is saying WE as in the Redskins...thats our philosophy. A Gibbs led team. The Redskins. Look it up historically, they play conservatively with a lead. Its the same thing half of you fools are crying about all the time..."go for the kill!" Gibbs utilizes teh clock, its what he does. Other teams dont and go for the kill and then some. Thats all Jason said, and its EXACTLY what he meant.

Gibbs is either way too conservative, or he really doesn't trust anyone with the ball. He plays to avoid turnovers that might let a team come back, but in so doing they come back anyway.

Yeah, but they did that in the Miami, Philly, and Arizona games. They won all three. The Packer game was actually wide-open in terms of playcalling, and the Giants game (despite what people think they saw) wasn't all that conservative either; lack of execution killed them in both games.

So, as ugly and utterly frustrating as the "avoid turnovers at all costs" idea is, it has salted away three wins this year.

Gibbs is either way too conservative, or he really doesn't trust anyone with the ball. He plays to avoid turnovers that might let a team come back, but in so doing they come back anyway.

Yeah, but they did that in the Miami, Philly, and Arizona games. They won all three. The Packer game was actually wide-open in terms of playcalling, and the Giants game (despite what people think they saw) wasn't all that conservative either; lack of execution killed them in both games.

So, as ugly and utterly frustrating as the "avoid turnovers at all costs" idea is, it has salted away three wins this year.

haha so joe gibbs doesnt run up the score because were classy? i guess our 28th ranked offense is just a disguise for the class weve got.

#1 classless offense > #28 classy offense

LOL. We have so much class that we try to not even score on anyone.

All the NFL loves us!

haha so joe gibbs doesnt run up the score because were classy? i guess our 28th ranked offense is just a disguise for the class weve got.

LOL. We have so much class that we try to not even score on anyone.

All the NFL loves us!

True, it will bite them in the end and they will have absolutely no sympathizers when it happens. I know they don't care but I know at lot of teams around the league were watching and don't like what they say in the 4th quarter. One of footballs few unwritten rules were broken and they will eventually pay for it.

True, it will bite them in the end and they will have absolutely no sympathizers when it happens. I know they don't care but I know at lot of teams around the league were watching and don't like what they say in the 4th quarter. One of footballs few unwritten rules were broken and they will eventually pay for it.

dude, the pats took 1 shot downfield after they were killing us. 1 shot. not 2, not 3, not multiple shots. 1 friggin shot, from the best current QB to the best current WR. and it worked as well.

its not classless to destroy a team. weve done it before, we did it in 05 to the 49ers. so what we didnt throw the ball, we just ran it down a teams throat that had no run defense. were a run first team, the pats are a throw first team. all they did was keep throwing dumpoffs. they were probably bored off their a**es to be playing us yesterday. they beat us harder than any other team theyve faced.

theyre not classless, theyre a dominating force of a football team, and all of us will remember this season for the rest of our lives.

Now if that's not summing it all up "they were probably bored off their a**es to be playing us yesterday"...

dude, the pats took 1 shot downfield after they were killing us. 1 shot. not 2, not 3, not multiple shots. 1 friggin shot, from the best current QB to the best current WR. and it worked as well.

its not classless to destroy a team. weve done it before, we did it in 05 to the 49ers. so what we didnt throw the ball, we just ran it down a teams throat that had no run defense. were a run first team, the pats are a throw first team. all they did was keep throwing dumpoffs. they were probably bored off their a**es to be playing us yesterday. they beat us harder than any other team theyve faced.

theyre not classless, theyre a dominating force of a football team, and all of us will remember this season for the rest of our lives.

Now if that's not summing it all up "they were probably bored off their a**es to be playing us yesterday"...

The Redskins had a big lead against the Lions and then ran out the clock because they knew it was over, so this is what he was referring to. Also, I'd think our quarterback would know something about our philosophy even though he hasn't frequently been in that situation.

His comments have nothing to do with losing the lead as we've only dominated one game this season. We didn't let up in the Lions game until we knew the game was won. The Patriots, on the other hand, knew the game was won but wanted to run up the score to make themselves look good.

The Redskins had a big lead against the Lions and then ran out the clock because they knew it was over, so this is what he was referring to. Also, I'd think our quarterback would know something about our philosophy even though he hasn't frequently been in that situation.

His comments have nothing to do with losing the lead as we've only dominated one game this season. We didn't let up in the Lions game until we knew the game was won. The Patriots, on the other hand, knew the game was won but wanted to run up the score to make themselves look good.

:applause:

People are getting really silly in trying to read things into this.

:applause:

People are getting really silly in trying to read things into this.

"Jason Campbell said that when the Redskins have a big lead, the team's approach is to back off. "That's just what we do," he said. "Their motto might be different. They might have a different approach in the way they do it."

Yes Jason. One is a winning approach and the other is the Redskins. Welcome to the gut-it-out style of play of the NFCE.

"Jason Campbell said that when the Redskins have a big lead, the team's approach is to back off. "That's just what we do," he said. "Their motto might be different. They might have a different approach in the way they do it."

Yes Jason. One is a winning approach and the other is the Redskins. Welcome to the gut-it-out style of play of the NFCE.

I think what Jason was eluding to is, in the history of the Redskins under Gibbs, he in no way EVER ran up a score or tried to humilate the other team, by throwing even ONE bomb up 38-0. Gibbs would run the ball and if you didn't stop us, he'd run it more. If you did, he'd punt. Simple as that. Belidick went for it on 4th down at our 35 and he considered 3 points running the score up more than going for it on 4th down and driving/throwing for another TD. Best thing he could've done on 4th down is take a delay of game penalty, move the ball back to our 40 and punt. But he ran up the score. Plain and simple and karma is a beeyatch.

I think what Jason was eluding to is, in the history of the Redskins under Gibbs, he in no way EVER ran up a score or tried to humilate the other team, by throwing even ONE bomb up 38-0. Gibbs would run the ball and if you didn't stop us, he'd run it more. If you did, he'd punt. Simple as that. Belidick went for it on 4th down at our 35 and he considered 3 points running the score up more than going for it on 4th down and driving/throwing for another TD. Best thing he could've done on 4th down is take a delay of game penalty, move the ball back to our 40 and punt. But he ran up the score. Plain and simple and karma is a beeyatch.

Archived