Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Patriots Loss: Demoralizing or Motivational Tool?

Commander Adama

Me? I want every single player on this team, including the kicker and punter to be pissed off. To look at each other and vow we will not be embarrassed again like that. I want them to play mean and hungry!

What do you guys think?

HTTR

I was thinking the same thing...actually that movie quote "I am mad as hell and I'm not going to take it anymore" keeps playing in my mind.

I hope the players feel the same way.

What if they are not 'in a stupor'? Maybe its not something they can just snap out of? I just don't think the talent level is where we hoped. Especially after the starters go down. This team has almost zero depth, and this is a direct result of their team building strategy since Snyder took over.

Hell, just look at the QB situation...both backups are pushing 40.

With all of these first round draft picks and high salaries from free agency, the talent is there. They are just not playing the way they should. The coaching is bad too. How can Mike Vrabel go in motion and no one checks him? Film study would show them the previous nine times New England has done this and still the Redskins weren't prepared for it. As a fan, when I saw Vrabel go in motion, I knew what the play was. Greg Williams is better and smarter than that but he didn't show it yesterday.

What if they are not 'in a stupor'? Maybe its not something they can just snap out of? I just don't think the talent level is where we hoped. Especially after the starters go down. This team has almost zero depth, and this is a direct result of their team building strategy since Snyder took over.

Hell, just look at the QB situation...both backups are pushing 40.

With all of these first round draft picks and high salaries from free agency, the talent is there. They are just not playing the way they should. The coaching is bad too. How can Mike Vrabel go in motion and no one checks him? Film study would show them the previous nine times New England has done this and still the Redskins weren't prepared for it. As a fan, when I saw Vrabel go in motion, I knew what the play was. Greg Williams is better and smarter than that but he didn't show it yesterday.

How our team rebounds from this Loss will determine whether we are back from what happened in 06 and a Playoff Caliber NFC Team, or have been faking it most of the season. Its time to step up dust ourselves off and Learn. A wiseman once said, do not fear failure. Fear being unable to learn from failure.

How our team rebounds from this Loss will determine whether we are back from what happened in 06 and a Playoff Caliber NFC Team, or have been faking it most of the season. Its time to step up dust ourselves off and Learn. A wiseman once said, do not fear failure. Fear being unable to learn from failure.

that Touchdown was Taylors fault. He followed him across the line and then when he caught a block he hit a Dlineman I think. That's when Vrabel got out. Taylor didn't let it happen twice though

that Touchdown was Taylors fault. He followed him across the line and then when he caught a block he hit a Dlineman I think. That's when Vrabel got out. Taylor didn't let it happen twice though

With all of these first round draft picks and high salaries from free agency, the talent is there.

I think the free agency approach taken over the last decade or so is the reason this team has less talent from top to bottom. Sure, the starters have talent...but the backups are just scrubs. As we can painfully see when watching the OL perform the last couple of weeks.

With all of these first round draft picks and high salaries from free agency, the talent is there.

I think the free agency approach taken over the last decade or so is the reason this team has less talent from top to bottom. Sure, the starters have talent...but the backups are just scrubs. As we can painfully see when watching the OL perform the last couple of weeks.

It'll start as a demoralizing loss, how could it not be with the way it ended? We'll see if our boys have a set though, come practice time. Hopefully they'll spin it into motivation.

Bigger thought resting in my mind, does our D fall apart now with Carlos injured(for however long (mcl injury)). We all saw last year what happens when we lose our CBs.

It'll start as a demoralizing loss, how could it not be with the way it ended? We'll see if our boys have a set though, come practice time. Hopefully they'll spin it into motivation.

Bigger thought resting in my mind, does our D fall apart now with Carlos injured(for however long (mcl injury)). We all saw last year what happens when we lose our CBs.

Demoralizing...the game was gutlessly managed by the coaches (Gibbs is ultimately responsible...) from the get go and that gave us absolutely no chance to win the game. That 'faux' WR screen to Thrash at the beginning of the game said it all.

Yeah, I remember that play. Colvin read it and shut the play down. That opening pass could have easily been intercepted.

Demoralizing...the game was gutlessly managed by the coaches (Gibbs is ultimately responsible...) from the get go and that gave us absolutely no chance to win the game. That 'faux' WR screen to Thrash at the beginning of the game said it all.

Yeah, I remember that play. Colvin read it and shut the play down. That opening pass could have easily been intercepted.

I would hope its a motivator. But deep down I think its going to be the one that demoralizes this team.

I think we'll beat the Jets just like we beat the Jags last year giving everyone a semblance of hope. Than I think we'll revert back to our uberconserative ways and slowly piss away the season.

Watching the coaches on the sideline when the cameras where on them was the most depressing. Gibbs and Williams looked befuddled and confused. They had that look of "what the **** just happened". I just don't think you can have that much faith as a player in a group of coaches that send you out unprepared for the slaughter. Then make no adjustment during the game. :2cents:

I would hope its a motivator. But deep down I think its going to be the one that demoralizes this team.

I think we'll beat the Jets just like we beat the Jags last year giving everyone a semblance of hope. Than I think we'll revert back to our uberconserative ways and slowly piss away the season.

Watching the coaches on the sideline when the cameras where on them was the most depressing. Gibbs and Williams looked befuddled and confused. They had that look of "what the **** just happened". I just don't think you can have that much faith as a player in a group of coaches that send you out unprepared for the slaughter. Then make no adjustment during the game. :2cents:

Archived