Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Patriots Loss: Demoralizing or Motivational Tool?

Commander Adama

Couple thoughts:

1) Forget the game... Throw it out. It's neither demoralizing or motivational. It doesn't exist.

2) Fix the offensive line... That's what really made the game an embarrassment. We don't give up 3 sacks, 3 forced fumbles and then force the ball to try to make something happen... the game is a lot closer. Even if we don't score more than 7 points in this game, we'd have been only down by 17 and hopefully not giving up turnovers would've led to us scoring.

3) Mix it up on defense... We have one of the most flexible defenses in the league, why play a Cover 2 so much? With Carlos Rogers going down, you now have Fred Smoot and Shawn Springs who are both pretty decent in man-coverage (Smoot isn't a good CB in zone, play to his strengths). Move Landry back closer to the line of scrimmage. Start creating more chaos with your defense... Next week, we play the Jets with a young quarterback. Let's mix it up between cover-2 and add more blitz packages. We should've done this against the Patriots. Sitting back in zone and letting their RBs kill us (with the turnovers) is what cost us the game.

Couple thoughts:

1) Forget the game... Throw it out. It's neither demoralizing or motivational. It doesn't exist.

2) Fix the offensive line... That's what really made the game an embarrassment. We don't give up 3 sacks, 3 forced fumbles and then force the ball to try to make something happen... the game is a lot closer. Even if we don't score more than 7 points in this game, we'd have been only down by 17 and hopefully not giving up turnovers would've led to us scoring.

3) Mix it up on defense... We have one of the most flexible defenses in the league, why play a Cover 2 so much? With Carlos Rogers going down, you now have Fred Smoot and Shawn Springs who are both pretty decent in man-coverage (Smoot isn't a good CB in zone, play to his strengths). Move Landry back closer to the line of scrimmage. Start creating more chaos with your defense... Next week, we play the Jets with a young quarterback. Let's mix it up between cover-2 and add more blitz packages. We should've done this against the Patriots. Sitting back in zone and letting their RBs kill us (with the turnovers) is what cost us the game.

The palyers need to get get pissed off and stop acting like a bunch of little girls. This is the NFL. Where is the team pride? I would hold up my head and make a point to start whooping ass and taking names. No more will I be embarassed by another team or player. I would kick some ass and if I saw another team mate not holding his own I would deal with him too.

The palyers need to get get pissed off and stop acting like a bunch of little girls. This is the NFL. Where is the team pride? I would hold up my head and make a point to start whooping ass and taking names. No more will I be embarassed by another team or player. I would kick some ass and if I saw another team mate not holding his own I would deal with him too.

Good question.. I would think it would be a motivational tool but you'll never know they have to put this game behind them very quick can't get down on themselves. If they do not put this game behind them then yes they are in trouble.

The season is not lost because of that one game it just depends on how they bounce back after such an embarassing loss.

Good question.. I would think it would be a motivational tool but you'll never know they have to put this game behind them very quick can't get down on themselves. If they do not put this game behind them then yes they are in trouble.

The season is not lost because of that one game it just depends on how they bounce back after such an embarassing loss.

To me initially it was like an open chest wound - sucking for air but getting none. I remember in 83 when no one could stop us (until we hit that stupid pukes game, but it brought us back around), and wishing that we could be like that again.

Now we have something to look at as a goal, working and striving towards.

Also, vengence is a plate best served cold. Mark my words...all great countries, leaders, and teams fall. Remember how you acted on the way up, for it is the way you will be treated on the way down. Albert Haynesworth, please meet Tom Brady. (STOMP!)

;>)

To me initially it was like an open chest wound - sucking for air but getting none. I remember in 83 when no one could stop us (until we hit that stupid pukes game, but it brought us back around), and wishing that we could be like that again.

Now we have something to look at as a goal, working and striving towards.

Also, vengence is a plate best served cold. Mark my words...all great countries, leaders, and teams fall. Remember how you acted on the way up, for it is the way you will be treated on the way down. Albert Haynesworth, please meet Tom Brady. (STOMP!)

;>)

Guess we'll find out Sunday won't we? I would have thought that playing a team like New England would have brought a little extra out of them but I was sadly mistaken. More and more I am getting the inpression that most of our "playmakers" are only there for the paycheck.

Guess we'll find out Sunday won't we? I would have thought that playing a team like New England would have brought a little extra out of them but I was sadly mistaken. More and more I am getting the inpression that most of our "playmakers" are only there for the paycheck.

This game really hurt. Its like a child having so much faith in Santa Clause coming (skins going to the superbowl) and one day you realize its just a lie. Even if the skins go 13-3 this year they will not win the superbowl and that's just another season full of hopes and promises leading to lies and crushed dreams.

Santa Claus is a lie? :(

This game really hurt. Its like a child having so much faith in Santa Clause coming (skins going to the superbowl) and one day you realize its just a lie. Even if the skins go 13-3 this year they will not win the superbowl and that's just another season full of hopes and promises leading to lies and crushed dreams.

Santa Claus is a lie? :(

It's demoralizing. Very. Not only are we very far behind New England and Indy - but we're behind Dallas as well. It just kind of sucks to know that even if you do make it to the playoffs by some miracle, we won't go too far.

We have too may problems. The OL injuries aren't the reason we were embarassed on Sunday. It was only a small part of the bigger problem. It showed we have issues all over the field, on the sideline and in the owner's box.

Not much talent. Not very good coaching. Not a good front office. How can that be anything but demoralizing? The players know that, too. How demoralized do you think they are?

It was a bad, bad loss, that's for sure. :(

It's demoralizing. Very. Not only are we very far behind New England and Indy - but we're behind Dallas as well. It just kind of sucks to know that even if you do make it to the playoffs by some miracle, we won't go too far.

We have too may problems. The OL injuries aren't the reason we were embarassed on Sunday. It was only a small part of the bigger problem. It showed we have issues all over the field, on the sideline and in the owner's box.

Not much talent. Not very good coaching. Not a good front office. How can that be anything but demoralizing? The players know that, too. How demoralized do you think they are?

It was a bad, bad loss, that's for sure. :(

We will find out this Sunday. If the Skins win convicingly then I think much will be forgotten. However, if they come out and lay an egg, that will speak volumes to me as to what kind of character is really on this team and that Gibbs is officially in over his head.

I think the defense MUST assert themselves after being humiliated vs. the Pats. This is a game that should have Gregg Williams and the rest of the defense salivating...rookie QB starting, lackluster running game and average WRs (geez, sound a bit like the Skins' offense--sorry couldnt resist).

For the sake of pride and confidence, the play of the defense this weeked will probably determine how the rest of the season will go, IMO.

We will find out this Sunday. If the Skins win convicingly then I think much will be forgotten. However, if they come out and lay an egg, that will speak volumes to me as to what kind of character is really on this team and that Gibbs is officially in over his head.

I think the defense MUST assert themselves after being humiliated vs. the Pats. This is a game that should have Gregg Williams and the rest of the defense salivating...rookie QB starting, lackluster running game and average WRs (geez, sound a bit like the Skins' offense--sorry couldnt resist).

For the sake of pride and confidence, the play of the defense this weeked will probably determine how the rest of the season will go, IMO.

Those of us who can remember back to 1990 will recall the infamous "body bag game" at Philly. Later that season we went back to Philly and beat them in the playoffs. That was followed by the '91 season and we all know the rest of that story. Lets hope this game can have that same effect on this team the rest of the season.

Those of us who can remember back to 1990 will recall the infamous "body bag game" at Philly. Later that season we went back to Philly and beat them in the playoffs. That was followed by the '91 season and we all know the rest of that story. Lets hope this game can have that same effect on this team the rest of the season.

I just don't want to see a 16-13, snoozer for 55 minutes and then a nail-biter at the end, kind of game Sunday.

That would really bum me out.

I agree....almost EVERY redskins game is like this. And I don't want them to try and sit on a lead like they do most weeks, either. AND...enough of those stupid plays where Campbell throws to the WR on the side instead of in FRONT of him. The name of this play escapes me right now, but it NEVER WORKS. We NEVER break a run on those. STOP WITH THAT PLAY PLEEEEEEEEEEASE.

But, I hope this game serves as a motivator. I REALLY hope it does.

I just don't want to see a 16-13, snoozer for 55 minutes and then a nail-biter at the end, kind of game Sunday.

That would really bum me out.

I agree....almost EVERY redskins game is like this. And I don't want them to try and sit on a lead like they do most weeks, either. AND...enough of those stupid plays where Campbell throws to the WR on the side instead of in FRONT of him. The name of this play escapes me right now, but it NEVER WORKS. We NEVER break a run on those. STOP WITH THAT PLAY PLEEEEEEEEEEASE.

But, I hope this game serves as a motivator. I REALLY hope it does.

That 1990 Joe Gibbs team was absolutely NOTHING like this Joe Gibbs team. Nothing.

That 1990 Joe Gibbs team was absolutely NOTHING like this Joe Gibbs team. Nothing.

After the Patriots ran up the score on us, will this game be used as a tool to put a fire under this team, or is it a spirit breaker?

Me? I want every single player on this team, including the kicker and punter to be pissed off. To look at each other and vow we will not be embarrassed again like that. I want them to play mean and hungry!

What do you guys think?

HTTR

If you can show me one single player in the Redskins locker room interviews who looks mean, angry, and ready to fight....I will agree with you. But this is a team that takes on its coaches personality....Joe Gibbs is a grandpa, good Christian, and nice guy. No my friend, I am afraid these players must lie down and continue to take it in cheeks, turn the other cheek, and then take it some more. The word here is fellowship...not nastiness.

I'm ready. Hire Bill Cower now!

Archived