Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

NBCSports.com: Belichick gets under Godfrey's skin

VinceGeorgeJoe

Who cares what Godfrey says...

We got our butt handed to us. It was an absolute beat-down any way you want to slice it. We were outcoached and outplayed, it's as simple as that. I'm tired of hearing this nonsense and the endless excuses. It's tiresome. Nobody else had a problem with it. If you don't like what their doing, then stop them-period. 35 first downs - sad... Let your play do the talking.

Who cares what Godfrey says...

We got our butt handed to us. It was an absolute beat-down any way you want to slice it. We were outcoached and outplayed, it's as simple as that. I'm tired of hearing this nonsense and the endless excuses. It's tiresome. Nobody else had a problem with it. If you don't like what their doing, then stop them-period. 35 first downs - sad... Let your play do the talking.

The Pats score til the clock is at 0:00...its no secret. Its nothing personal. That is just their philosophy. Im actually glad they punished us....>YES GLAD THEY PUNISHED US. We need some sort of motivation to get back on the right track and maybe this is it. We needed something to wake us up and hopefully this is that wake-up call. If our Defense isnt good enough to stop them at this point in the game then thats what we get. We need all the practice we can get from my perspective. If someone is beating me like that i want to keep facing it so I can figure out how to get better. Them laying down & kneeling on the ball doesnt help me improve in the long run.

It sucks giving up 52 points but its our D's fault. It starts with Williams pisspoor scheme AND lack of adjusting. The most dissapointing factor is that Williams refused to adjust to anything they did. The underneath middle was just left open for 4 qtrs. He refused to blitz w/some sort of exotic scheme after he realized that our front four was doing null or ****f some kindof coverage to the short stuff.

Williams gets paid the biggest $$$ of any D-Coordinator and he's uncapable of keeping the game respectable???? Thats just flat out sad.

The Pats score til the clock is at 0:00...its no secret. Its nothing personal. That is just their philosophy. Im actually glad they punished us....>YES GLAD THEY PUNISHED US. We need some sort of motivation to get back on the right track and maybe this is it. We needed something to wake us up and hopefully this is that wake-up call. If our Defense isnt good enough to stop them at this point in the game then thats what we get. We need all the practice we can get from my perspective. If someone is beating me like that i want to keep facing it so I can figure out how to get better. Them laying down & kneeling on the ball doesnt help me improve in the long run.

It sucks giving up 52 points but its our D's fault. It starts with Williams pisspoor scheme AND lack of adjusting. The most dissapointing factor is that Williams refused to adjust to anything they did. The underneath middle was just left open for 4 qtrs. He refused to blitz w/some sort of exotic scheme after he realized that our front four was doing null or ****f some kindof coverage to the short stuff.

Williams gets paid the biggest $$$ of any D-Coordinator and he's uncapable of keeping the game respectable???? Thats just flat out sad.

It's a tad ironic that we are upset at a team for "running up the score" this week, and pissed off at our coaches for "letting up" on other weeks....

The only things I take issue with are:

1) Going for it on 4th down

2) Leaving your starters in for so long

I'm OK with everything else. Our players need the same attitude - Always play to win, score, and do your best. The way the team "let's up" is to put in your 2nd stringers, you don't want your starters to even know what it feels like to "let up".....

It's a tad ironic that we are upset at a team for "running up the score" this week, and pissed off at our coaches for "letting up" on other weeks....

The only things I take issue with are:

1) Going for it on 4th down

2) Leaving your starters in for so long

I'm OK with everything else. Our players need the same attitude - Always play to win, score, and do your best. The way the team "let's up" is to put in your 2nd stringers, you don't want your starters to even know what it feels like to "let up".....

Hello from Patriots Nation and I have read this thread with interest. For those of you who say Gibbs would "never be so classless" as to run up a score, here's a bit of history -

1983: Was 51 LA Rams 7 (play-off game)

Was 45 STL Cards 7

1985: Was 44 Atl 10

1986: Was 41 Phi 14

Was 41 Dal 14

1987 Was 42 Den 10 (Super Bowl)

1991: Was 45 Det 0

Was 45 Det 10 (NFCCG)

Was 56 Atl 17

Was 41 Pit 14

1992: Was 41 Pho 3

2005: Was 52 SF 17

Next, I understand Godfrey was a Charger last year. Sad to see he has brought their culture of whining about how mean the other teams are instead of accepting responsibility for his own poor play.

Next, in this day and age there is no such thing as running up the score. Every single point scored or not scored can effect tie breakers that determine home field advantage in the playoffs. Every single yard gained and TD made effects the next contract of the player making them with potentially millons of dollars on the line for those players. Is a team not supposed to do everything it can to secure homefield in order to make other teams feel better about losing ? Are the players not supposed to do everything they can to get a big contract for the same reason ?

Next, so what are the Pats supposed to do, kneel down for four downs and give the ball back ? Was Cassel not supposed to run that last TD in and kneel down on the 5 yard line part way through his run just to make the Skins porous defense feel better ? Or are the Pats players not supposed to play hard for 60 minutes because the Skins players didn't?

I can tell you that if the Pats lost a game like this they wouldn't be whining about how classless or mean the other team was. They would be accepting responsibility for their own failures and work their rear ends off to make sure it didn't happen again.

Oh and to the people wishing for Brady or any other player on any team to be injured, now that's classless.

Hello from Patriots Nation and I have read this thread with interest. For those of you who say Gibbs would "never be so classless" as to run up a score, here's a bit of history -

Was 45 STL Cards 7

Was 41 Dal 14

Was 45 Det 10 (NFCCG)

Was 56 Atl 17

Was 41 Pit 14

Next, I understand Godfrey was a Charger last year. Sad to see he has brought their culture of whining about how mean the other teams are instead of accepting responsibility for his own poor play.

Next, in this day and age there is no such thing as running up the score. Every single point scored or not scored can effect tie breakers that determine home field advantage in the playoffs. Every single yard gained and TD made effects the next contract of the player making them with potentially millons of dollars on the line for those players. Is a team not supposed to do everything it can to secure homefield in order to make other teams feel better about losing ? Are the players not supposed to do everything they can to get a big contract for the same reason ?

Next, so what are the Pats supposed to do, kneel down for four downs and give the ball back ? Was Cassel not supposed to run that last TD in and kneel down on the 5 yard line part way through his run just to make the Skins porous defense feel better ? Or are the Pats players not supposed to play hard for 60 minutes because the Skins players didn't?

I can tell you that if the Pats lost a game like this they wouldn't be whining about how classless or mean the other team was. They would be accepting responsibility for their own failures and work their rear ends off to make sure it didn't happen again.

Oh and to the people wishing for Brady or any other player on any team to be injured, now that's classless.

I don't have a problem if he wants to do that. I have a problem with Gregg Williams not making Brady and the hoody pay for that crap. I'd have made damn sure we put Brady in the dirt and messed up his hair. Knock the hell out of his starting QB and that will solve that problem. Belli would get him outta there PDQ!

I don't have a problem if he wants to do that. I have a problem with Gregg Williams not making Brady and the hoody pay for that crap. I'd have made damn sure we put Brady in the dirt and messed up his hair. Knock the hell out of his starting QB and that will solve that problem. Belli would get him outta there PDQ!

Bill Belichick is like one of those Islamic fundamentalists who gets worked up about cartoons. "What? How dare you draw a cartoon of Muhammed insinuating that Islam is a violent religion? Islam is a religion of peace!" And then in order to prove that they have mass riots.

Last year Ladanian Tomlinson and a bunch of other NFL and media people started calling Belichick classless. So now Belichick is upset with the world so he's taking it out on them by showing less class than ever, "How dare you acuse me of having no class, I'll teach you by running up the score." So essentially, what I'm trying to say is Bill Belichick is an Islamofascist! ;)

Bill Belichick is like one of those Islamic fundamentalists who gets worked up about cartoons. "What? How dare you draw a cartoon of Muhammed insinuating that Islam is a violent religion? Islam is a religion of peace!" And then in order to prove that they have mass riots.

Last year Ladanian Tomlinson and a bunch of other NFL and media people started calling Belichick classless. So now Belichick is upset with the world so he's taking it out on them by showing less class than ever, "How dare you acuse me of having no class, I'll teach you by running up the score." So essentially, what I'm trying to say is Bill Belichick is an Islamofascist! ;)

Was 45 STL Cards 7

Was 41 Dal 14

Was 45 Det 10 (NFCCG)

Was 56 Atl 17

Was 41 Pit 14

Wow, you are so mistaken. In almost all of those Gibbs blowouts he ran the ball on virtually every play in the second half. You have no knowledge of history or class.

Was 45 STL Cards 7

Was 41 Dal 14

Was 45 Det 10 (NFCCG)

Was 56 Atl 17

Was 41 Pit 14

Wow, you are so mistaken. In almost all of those Gibbs blowouts he ran the ball on virtually every play in the second half. You have no knowledge of history or class.

It seems Bellecheck has forgotten the days when his teams were getting their ass kicked. Things always come back in ways that hurt.

I understand those who feel that scoring is the offenses duty. However, going for fourth and 2 is disrespect when winning by 42 points, no one should argue that, PERIOD. Gibbs, nor any other respectable coach would have done it.

It just goes to show the class of the cheat oriented team who got caught, and is now trying to prove something because they were caught.

It seems Bellecheck has forgotten the days when his teams were getting their ass kicked. Things always come back in ways that hurt.

I understand those who feel that scoring is the offenses duty. However, going for fourth and 2 is disrespect when winning by 42 points, no one should argue that, PERIOD. Gibbs, nor any other respectable coach would have done it.

It just goes to show the class of the cheat oriented team who got caught, and is now trying to prove something because they were caught.

Archived