Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

NBCSports.com: Belichick gets under Godfrey's skin

VinceGeorgeJoe

good to see some fire

All this tak of "fire," it doesn't help anything.

How each individual deals with adversity depends on the individual. YOU may deal with adversity better if you verbalize your loss. Another person may do better by internalizing it and proving on the field.

What will make me feel better is if we beat the Jets, with a clear indication that we can run the ball.

good to see some fire

All this tak of "fire," it doesn't help anything.

How each individual deals with adversity depends on the individual. YOU may deal with adversity better if you verbalize your loss. Another person may do better by internalizing it and proving on the field.

What will make me feel better is if we beat the Jets, with a clear indication that we can run the ball.

If the D does it's job. it is not a problem.

Why should a team stop trying to score? If a team puts 50 freaking points up on us, and we only score 7..... We need to be embarrassed.

If NE starts running it out teams will stuff the line... Then 3 and out. Punt. We get the ball, and then we try to score.

If NE stops trying to score points.... is the other team also going to?

It is a teams job to score, and stop teams from scoring. We didn't so we needed to get pasted. If more teams played with a passion to get into the endzone they'd win more. It's called no quit.

This whine session is so lame. Get over it.

If the D does it's job. it is not a problem.

Why should a team stop trying to score? If a team puts 50 freaking points up on us, and we only score 7..... We need to be embarrassed.

If NE starts running it out teams will stuff the line... Then 3 and out. Punt. We get the ball, and then we try to score.

If NE stops trying to score points.... is the other team also going to?

It is a teams job to score, and stop teams from scoring. We didn't so we needed to get pasted. If more teams played with a passion to get into the endzone they'd win more. It's called no quit.

This whine session is so lame. Get over it.

I can understand why people are upset, but I still think Belichick had it right at the end of that article.

"I've been coaching too long," Belichick said. "I remember being on that side. When I was coaching defense it was my job to keep the score down, not theirs. When you're playing defense it's your job to stop them. It's not (the offense's) job to not score. It's like I tell the offense, what the (bleep) do you think I send you guys out there for? To punt? We have a punt team for that. That's not your job. Your job is to go out there and score points. If you come off the field and you haven't scored points you haven't done your job."

I can understand why people are upset, but I still think Belichick had it right at the end of that article.

"I've been coaching too long," Belichick said. "I remember being on that side. When I was coaching defense it was my job to keep the score down, not theirs. When you're playing defense it's your job to stop them. It's not (the offense's) job to not score. It's like I tell the offense, what the (bleep) do you think I send you guys out there for? To punt? We have a punt team for that. That's not your job. Your job is to go out there and score points. If you come off the field and you haven't scored points you haven't done your job."

Archived