Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

It's time to rebuild

GrimReefa

Not to high-quality teams they don't. Like I said, this is still an NFC contender. With the right breaks, they might even go to the Super Bowl. Where they would get blown out by 35+ points, because that is the kind of team they have.

If you're happy with that, fine. But it seems to me it would be much more fun to cheer for a team that was winning games like that, not losing them.

your expectations for this team are too ****ing high.

This was the first time that we got BEAT. I'd rather take a blowout loss than a close one.. We aren't the afc. Name a better defense in the NFC? I personaly can't think of anyone better.

The patriots are too good for the NFC. Did you expect any NFC team to show up against these guys?

THe truth about this season is that all NFC teams are high school teams compared to the colts and patriots. We can't even be on the same field as them.

Let's sign Romo sits to pee. We'll get more coverage on ESPN, and have just as many fumbles as we do now. Kind of a lateral step, but business is business...

No, if Romo sits to pee is no longer a Cowboys he will no loger get the pub and be a media darling.

:silly:

I hate the Cowboys, I hate em, I hate em, I hate em!!!!! :cuss:

Let's sign Romo sits to pee. We'll get more coverage on ESPN, and have just as many fumbles as we do now. Kind of a lateral step, but business is business...

No, if Romo sits to pee is no longer a Cowboys he will no loger get the pub and be a media darling.

:silly:

I hate the Cowboys, I hate em, I hate em, I hate em!!!!! :cuss:

Is that really it? That's your contribution right now?

Let me ask you something - what is it that you want?

This thread was so stupid I didn't want to respond further but I'll bite.

If you're fine with being a 8-10 win team every year, going to the playoffs and snagging a postseason win once every now and again, then yes, rebuiling isn't a good idea, because that's exactly the kind of team we have right now.

But if you want a championship-caliber franchise, one that hosts 2nd round playoff games, not travels to them, you have to be willing to start over. This team, I honestly believe, even after today, has the most important and hardest piece to come by - a confident, poised young quarterback. But we aren't going to get anywhere unless he is playing behind a line that can keep the pass rush from knocking the ball out of his hands every series. And the current offensive line we have is too old to last a season healthy. All of these season-ending injuries to Randy Thomas and Jon Jansen are not coincidences.

You make it sound like we're re-building with legos.

Honestly, how many teams successfully "rebuild" their teams after tearing it apart?

San Fran? Detroit? Arizona?

Have you forgotten the fact that we still have a winning record???

Do you know how long re-building takes?

Do you know what our salary cap looks like?

So you suggest we replace with All-Pros Randy Thomas and Jon Jansen with draft picks?

How about we just draft a couple offensive linemen and get some depth next year? Doesn't that sound a bit easier?

Is that really it? That's your contribution right now?

Let me ask you something - what is it that you want?

This thread was so stupid I didn't want to respond further but I'll bite.

If you're fine with being a 8-10 win team every year, going to the playoffs and snagging a postseason win once every now and again, then yes, rebuiling isn't a good idea, because that's exactly the kind of team we have right now.

But if you want a championship-caliber franchise, one that hosts 2nd round playoff games, not travels to them, you have to be willing to start over. This team, I honestly believe, even after today, has the most important and hardest piece to come by - a confident, poised young quarterback. But we aren't going to get anywhere unless he is playing behind a line that can keep the pass rush from knocking the ball out of his hands every series. And the current offensive line we have is too old to last a season healthy. All of these season-ending injuries to Randy Thomas and Jon Jansen are not coincidences.

You make it sound like we're re-building with legos.

Honestly, how many teams successfully "rebuild" their teams after tearing it apart?

San Fran? Detroit? Arizona?

Have you forgotten the fact that we still have a winning record???

Do you know how long re-building takes?

Do you know what our salary cap looks like?

So you suggest we replace with All-Pros Randy Thomas and Jon Jansen with draft picks?

How about we just draft a couple offensive linemen and get some depth next year? Doesn't that sound a bit easier?

If what we saw last week and today is a "good" team, oh boy would I hate to see a bad one.

Completely delusional nonsense.

We cannot go into next year counting on guys who have proven their bodies will not hold up any more (Jansen, Thomas, Portis). As great as they may be in some fantasy world where they stay healthy for a season, we have to play 16 games in the real world.

And we have to find a young head coach who as the mental capacity and fortitude to stay with today's competition.

And, yes, we need to find a GM. Between all the draft picks spent on Brunell, Duckett, Lloyd, and Portis I think we probably could have found almost an entire offensive line. Or at least a damn good right side of one.

If what we saw last week and today is a "good" team, oh boy would I hate to see a bad one.

Completely delusional nonsense.

We cannot go into next year counting on guys who have proven their bodies will not hold up any more (Jansen, Thomas, Portis). As great as they may be in some fantasy world where they stay healthy for a season, we have to play 16 games in the real world.

And we have to find a young head coach who as the mental capacity and fortitude to stay with today's competition.

And, yes, we need to find a GM. Between all the draft picks spent on Brunell, Duckett, Lloyd, and Portis I think we probably could have found almost an entire offensive line. Or at least a damn good right side of one.

Rebuilding = what we've been doing for years with a more hopeful name attached.

Sorry guys, but signing overpriced free agents and cutting quality players is what we've been doing for ages. What would cause that to work now?

No, see, that's my point. That's not rebuilding. Rebuilding is ignoring the high-priced free agents who you think can "plug a hole" and instead opting to get younger and faster by dealing for and keeping a healthy reserve of draft picks.

Rebuilding = what we've been doing for years with a more hopeful name attached.

Sorry guys, but signing overpriced free agents and cutting quality players is what we've been doing for ages. What would cause that to work now?

No, see, that's my point. That's not rebuilding. Rebuilding is ignoring the high-priced free agents who you think can "plug a hole" and instead opting to get younger and faster by dealing for and keeping a healthy reserve of draft picks.

We are the most impatient fans in football. if they decide to rebuild, you want to wait another 6 years until we can get a winning football team?

good luck.

We are the most impatient fans in football. if they decide to rebuild, you want to wait another 6 years until we can get a winning football team?

good luck.

Portis needs to go. It really pains me to say that. Part of the problems come from the OL injuries, but Portis runs nowhere like he used to. He trips over himself all the time now and doesn't show as much burst. I'd trade Portis (if anyone would even take him and his huge contract) and Betts. I would get myself a fresh rookie like a Jonathan Stewart and I would even give Marcus Mason a shot.

Portis needs to go. It really pains me to say that. Part of the problems come from the OL injuries, but Portis runs nowhere like he used to. He trips over himself all the time now and doesn't show as much burst. I'd trade Portis (if anyone would even take him and his huge contract) and Betts. I would get myself a fresh rookie like a Jonathan Stewart and I would even give Marcus Mason a shot.

I honestly can't believe what I am reading. In 2005, we go 10-6 and make the playoffs. In 2006, we are decimated by injuries. Before this game, we are 4-2, and could have been 6-0. After one loss to possibly the best team of this century, you now want to scrap everything and start over?! Our defense has been spectacular; our offense has promise; and we finally have a decent quarterback. We have been mediocre at best for over a decade, but we finally have a chance to be good. I just don't understand how one loss could lead anyone to abandon nearly everyone on the team and "rebuild". Rebuilding is for teams that go 3-13, not teams that are above .500 and have a legitimate shot at the playoffs. I am pissed that we played as bad as we did, but we can recover. Everyone needs to take a deep breath, and think logically.

I honestly can't believe what I am reading. In 2005, we go 10-6 and make the playoffs. In 2006, we are decimated by injuries. Before this game, we are 4-2, and could have been 6-0. After one loss to possibly the best team of this century, you now want to scrap everything and start over?! Our defense has been spectacular; our offense has promise; and we finally have a decent quarterback. We have been mediocre at best for over a decade, but we finally have a chance to be good. I just don't understand how one loss could lead anyone to abandon nearly everyone on the team and "rebuild". Rebuilding is for teams that go 3-13, not teams that are above .500 and have a legitimate shot at the playoffs. I am pissed that we played as bad as we did, but we can recover. Everyone needs to take a deep breath, and think logically.

The gameplanning philosphy of "not to lose" worked great in the 80's....not so sure in the 2007. Actually think it is time for Gibbs to move upstairs. You know its bad when I know the plays that are being called before they're run. There is just zero imagination in the play calling. They were down 31-0 and throwing 2 yard passes towards the sidelines?

The gameplanning philosphy of "not to lose" worked great in the 80's....not so sure in the 2007. Actually think it is time for Gibbs to move upstairs. You know its bad when I know the plays that are being called before they're run. There is just zero imagination in the play calling. They were down 31-0 and throwing 2 yard passes towards the sidelines?

If anyone thinks this team is headed in the right direction, they must be crazy! The offense is horrible and the defense while good, gets worn down every game due to the offense being so bad. Joe Gibbs must go. He is in way over his head this time around!

How dare you say Gibbs is in over his head. Didnt you know hes a hall of fame coach and can do no wrong?

If anyone thinks this team is headed in the right direction, they must be crazy! The offense is horrible and the defense while good, gets worn down every game due to the offense being so bad. Joe Gibbs must go. He is in way over his head this time around!

How dare you say Gibbs is in over his head. Didnt you know hes a hall of fame coach and can do no wrong?

Archived