Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

It's time to rebuild

GrimReefa

You're an idiot to suggest rebuilding.

Is that really it? That's your contribution right now?

Let me ask you something - what is it that you want?

If you're fine with being a 8-10 win team every year, going to the playoffs and snagging a postseason win once every now and again, then yes, rebuiling isn't a good idea, because that's exactly the kind of team we have right now.

But if you want a championship-caliber franchise, one that hosts 2nd round playoff games, not travels to them, you have to be willing to start over. This team, I honestly believe, even after today, has the most important and hardest piece to come by - a confident, poised young quarterback. But we aren't going to get anywhere unless he is playing behind a line that can keep the pass rush from knocking the ball out of his hands every series. And the current offensive line we have is too old to last a season healthy. All of these season-ending injuries to Randy Thomas and Jon Jansen are not coincidences.

And yes, I'm starting to wonder if maybe the Redskins shouldn't be thinking about a head coach who knows that today's elite NFL teams are constantly on the attack, on offense and defense. Maybe somebody like Norm Chow.

ok, i guess we are saying bye to Cooley, McIntosh, Golston, Montgomery, Carter, Samuels...

No they are the guys you keep!!! Guys like Portis,Moss,Jansen, Randy Thomas,who can't stay healthy are the big question marks.

The offensive line needs to be rebuilt only Samuels and Casey R. are worth keeping.

ok, i guess we are saying bye to Cooley, McIntosh, Golston, Montgomery, Carter, Samuels...

No they are the guys you keep!!! Guys like Portis,Moss,Jansen, Randy Thomas,who can't stay healthy are the big question marks.

The offensive line needs to be rebuilt only Samuels and Casey R. are worth keeping.

rebuild? Why not last year?

We are 4-3 1-1 in the division and 2-2 in the divison. We lost a meaningless game. Calm down. The redskins are still a good team. They have the best defense in the nfc. Our offense isn't too hot, but we improved alot from last week. Those 4 turnovers by JC were the big reason that we lost. Losses like this happen.

rebuild? Why not last year?

We are 4-3 1-1 in the division and 2-2 in the divison. We lost a meaningless game. Calm down. The redskins are still a good team. They have the best defense in the nfc. Our offense isn't too hot, but we improved alot from last week. Those 4 turnovers by JC were the big reason that we lost. Losses like this happen.

Cooley and McIntosh are definately part of the plan. Carter would be much more valueable to a team trying to win next season than he would be to us down the line (which means he could fetch much-needed picks). Golston and Montgomery are nice, although I do not know if they are much more than pleasant suprises. But Samuels is on the wrong side of 30 now - if the Redskins plan on competing 2-3 years down the line, he'll be not much more than a back-up by that time (Jonathan Ogden, for example, is 3 years older than Samuels, and he is a shadow of his former self).

Maybe I overstated the case when I said just Campbell and the safeties, but not by much.

Cooley and McIntosh are definately part of the plan. Carter would be much more valueable to a team trying to win next season than he would be to us down the line (which means he could fetch much-needed picks). Golston and Montgomery are nice, although I do not know if they are much more than pleasant suprises. But Samuels is on the wrong side of 30 now - if the Redskins plan on competing 2-3 years down the line, he'll be not much more than a back-up by that time (Jonathan Ogden, for example, is 3 years older than Samuels, and he is a shadow of his former self).

Maybe I overstated the case when I said just Campbell and the safeties, but not by much.

I guess the Pats drafting brady in the 6th f$#ing round was real thought out! Or the Colts getting manning with first overall pick, after debating about taking Leaf, took alot of thought. I can guarantee you if take these qbs off and insert < anyone else in the nfl >they would be mediocre like every other team.

It is just ASININE to think we should rebuild over 1 freakin loss.

I guess the Pats drafting brady in the 6th f$#ing round was real thought out! Or the Colts getting manning with first overall pick, after debating about taking Leaf, took alot of thought. I can guarantee you if take these qbs off and insert < anyone else in the nfl >they would be mediocre like every other team.

It is just ASININE to think we should rebuild over 1 freakin loss.

Archived