Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

I'm Blaming Greg Williams

ManleyMann7271

I was really disappointed with the defensive game plan for the Patriots. For the third game in a row I saw none of the Greg Williams' blitz packages of the past. I realize that they were trying to get the best pass coverage possible but when you give a decent QB all day in the pocket, he'll pick you apart. Kurt Werner did it, Eli did it, why would we not think that Tom Brady would do it as well. Oh yeah, that's because it worked on the Rams, but their O line sucks and we could get pressure with the front four. That's rare. Coach Williams should have realized that at halftime and then try to bring some pressure in the second half.

When we last played the Colts, the first half, we put all kinds of pressure on Peyton but then in the second we did that same B.S. that we tried today and of course, just like today, he picked us apart.

We knew the offense was going to struggle but the real disappointment lies with the defense.

I was really disappointed with the defensive game plan for the Patriots. For the third game in a row I saw none of the Greg Williams' blitz packages of the past. I realize that they were trying to get the best pass coverage possible but when you give a decent QB all day in the pocket, he'll pick you apart. Kurt Werner did it, Eli did it, why would we not think that Tom Brady would do it as well. Oh yeah, that's because it worked on the Rams, but their O line sucks and we could get pressure with the front four. That's rare. Coach Williams should have realized that at halftime and then try to bring some pressure in the second half.

When we last played the Colts, the first half, we put all kinds of pressure on Peyton but then in the second we did that same B.S. that we tried today and of course, just like today, he picked us apart.

We knew the offense was going to struggle but the real disappointment lies with the defense.

I really think maybe GW over-thought this game and defeated himself in this game. thats just my gut instinct, not only that but our defense wasn't playing physical, they were playing scared and intimidated.

I agree, we should have put more up at the front to create pressure, their O-Line is great, and we never disrupted brady once during the game.

I really think maybe GW over-thought this game and defeated himself in this game. thats just my gut instinct, not only that but our defense wasn't playing physical, they were playing scared and intimidated.

I agree, we should have put more up at the front to create pressure, their O-Line is great, and we never disrupted brady once during the game.

Except for Phillip Daniels getting the sack, forcing the fumble, and then having us recover it.

Now what we did with it the ball once we got it is a completely different story.

Except for Phillip Daniels getting the sack, forcing the fumble, and then having us recover it.

Now what we did with it the ball once we got it is a completely different story.

Get real! If it wasnt for he and his defense. We would be 0-7/1-6.

Tell me about it.

Threads like this make me absolutely sick.

Our offense BARELY HAD A FIRST DOWN. NO ONE can field a defense the entire game. Thats what we tried to do.

" Well I blame Gregg Williams..."

Unreal. Just unreal.

Get real! If it wasnt for he and his defense. We would be 0-7/1-6.

Tell me about it.

Threads like this make me absolutely sick.

Our offense BARELY HAD A FIRST DOWN. NO ONE can field a defense the entire game. Thats what we tried to do.

" Well I blame Gregg Williams..."

Unreal. Just unreal.

OK, so they beat us 52-7 without blitzing, so would you like us to blitz every down and they pick up the blitz (cause they got a pretty good O-line) and they beat us 104-7?

Hey, a loss is a loss. We have to do different things until something clicks. They threw those 10 yard stop patterns and short slants all day. Brady was standing in the pocket like he was checking the time on his watch at a street corner waiting for traffic to pass.

OK, so they beat us 52-7 without blitzing, so would you like us to blitz every down and they pick up the blitz (cause they got a pretty good O-line) and they beat us 104-7?

Hey, a loss is a loss. We have to do different things until something clicks. They threw those 10 yard stop patterns and short slants all day. Brady was standing in the pocket like he was checking the time on his watch at a street corner waiting for traffic to pass.

No, but a couple more blitzes a game might help. Your logic doesnt really work, it could have been less if we blitzed a little more and caused a turnover too...

I dont blame Williams but I would like to see a couple more blitzes a game instead of always leaving it up to the front 4.

No, but a couple more blitzes a game might help. Your logic doesnt really work, it could have been less if we blitzed a little more and caused a turnover too...

I dont blame Williams but I would like to see a couple more blitzes a game instead of always leaving it up to the front 4.

I just wish Greg Williams would have came out with a different scheme then normal pressured Brady more and just showed him different looks. For a quarterback like Tom Brady its not to hard to beat a defense that showed nothing different then it had all year. They went off game tape to find holes and we played the same defense as always so those holes were easily exploited

I just wish Greg Williams would have came out with a different scheme then normal pressured Brady more and just showed him different looks. For a quarterback like Tom Brady its not to hard to beat a defense that showed nothing different then it had all year. They went off game tape to find holes and we played the same defense as always so those holes were easily exploited

how is it Williams fault? if you're gonna blame anyone on the defense blame Fred Smoot for being such a softie....Id like to see any defensive coordinator in the league try and hold the pats w/ 2 of the starting dbs out of the game to guard 3 very dangerous receivers....def. not williams fault I dont know wat else he could have done

how is it Williams fault? if you're gonna blame anyone on the defense blame Fred Smoot for being such a softie....Id like to see any defensive coordinator in the league try and hold the pats w/ 2 of the starting dbs out of the game to guard 3 very dangerous receivers....def. not williams fault I dont know wat else he could have done

The one thing you DO NOT DO against a veteran qb with dangerous is receivers is blitz.

Thats whats so interestng abot hte patriots. It seems they do not have a weakness. If you blitz, their receivers will kill you YAC. If you stay in coverage, Brady will have time to pick you apart and his receivers WILL get open. if you play the pass all day they have a strong run game. If you load the box, they'll kill you 1:1 coverage.

No one has found an achilles heel and we're no exception.

The one thing you DO NOT DO against a veteran qb with dangerous is receivers is blitz.

Thats whats so interestng abot hte patriots. It seems they do not have a weakness. If you blitz, their receivers will kill you YAC. If you stay in coverage, Brady will have time to pick you apart and his receivers WILL get open. if you play the pass all day they have a strong run game. If you load the box, they'll kill you 1:1 coverage.

No one has found an achilles heel and we're no exception.

Archived