Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Observation from watching ESPN

skinsfan23

Well, pilgrim, do you or don't you?  

27 members have voted

1. 1. Well, pilgrim, do you or don't you?

• yes
    • no

Did anyone watch Around the Horn yesterday? It was during buy or sell and they said that if the playoffs started today, the Lions would make the playoffs... and then reali asked the panel if they were a legit playoff team.

I was then thinking to myself, we beat the Lions, therefore we have the tiebreaker over them, so we would be the 6th team in; if the playoffs started today, not the Lions...

I was pretty confident that I was right, but i gave them the benefit of the doubt because they are ESPN.

So I looked over the standings again and realized that Around the Horn was wrong, and they must of just made a mistake...

But I was then listening to Mike and Mike this morning and they gave the same exact scenario! I was shocked that ESPN could be so off base twice!

Yeah so this is kind of a pointless thread, but I just wanted to get it off my chest...

I just couldn't believe that ESPN could get the tiebreakers wrong...

Yeah and I dont really care, I think the only reason I noticed they were wrong was because it had to do with the Redskins...But it made me wonder if ESPN makes petty mistakes like this more often than not...

Did anyone watch Around the Horn yesterday? It was during buy or sell and they said that if the playoffs started today, the Lions would make the playoffs... and then reali asked the panel if they were a legit playoff team.

I was then thinking to myself, we beat the Lions, therefore we have the tiebreaker over them, so we would be the 6th team in; if the playoffs started today, not the Lions...

I was pretty confident that I was right, but i gave them the benefit of the doubt because they are ESPN.

So I looked over the standings again and realized that Around the Horn was wrong, and they must of just made a mistake...

But I was then listening to Mike and Mike this morning and they gave the same exact scenario! I was shocked that ESPN could be so off base twice!

Yeah so this is kind of a pointless thread, but I just wanted to get it off my chest...

I just couldn't believe that ESPN could get the tiebreakers wrong...

Yeah and I dont really care, I think the only reason I noticed they were wrong was because it had to do with the Redskins...But it made me wonder if ESPN makes petty mistakes like this more often than not...

ESPN lives and dies by who did what lately. The Lions beat the Bucs so to them they are the latest and greatest thing out there. We struggled last week (but won) so we get put on the back burner. ESPN lives and dies by who's hot, those teams get full attention.

Remember when the Skins beat the Lions??? Everyone was on our nuts. Even after we beat the Eagles on MNF...the espn/media world was captivated LOL.

If, god forbid, we are to beat the Patriots....there will be more espn tv crews at Redskins park than at the whitehouse during a sex scandal. The media will be penciling us in in the NFC Champ game...no doubt.

Example...look at the EAGLES. They lose games and u dont hear anything on them/about them....but if they muster ONE win everyone says McNabb is back and they are on track for the division title and are reborn..yadayadayada. I think the Eagles are the biggest media bandwagon team in the NFL and maybe all of sports.

ESPN lives and dies by who did what lately. The Lions beat the Bucs so to them they are the latest and greatest thing out there. We struggled last week (but won) so we get put on the back burner. ESPN lives and dies by who's hot, those teams get full attention.

Remember when the Skins beat the Lions??? Everyone was on our nuts. Even after we beat the Eagles on MNF...the espn/media world was captivated LOL.

If, god forbid, we are to beat the Patriots....there will be more espn tv crews at Redskins park than at the whitehouse during a sex scandal. The media will be penciling us in in the NFC Champ game...no doubt.

Example...look at the EAGLES. They lose games and u dont hear anything on them/about them....but if they muster ONE win everyone says McNabb is back and they are on track for the division title and are reborn..yadayadayada. I think the Eagles are the biggest media bandwagon team in the NFL and maybe all of sports.

This is another case of ESPN, CNNSI, CBS, etc. not having a lick of accountability, research, or even simple fact checking. They way whatever they want, whether it's true or not, without any kind of repercussion...

What's the point if listening/reading these jackasses if they make stuff up?

This is another case of ESPN, CNNSI, CBS, etc. not having a lick of accountability, research, or even simple fact checking. They way whatever they want, whether it's true or not, without any kind of repercussion...

What's the point if listening/reading these jackasses if they make stuff up?

is the playoff tiebreaker their records against their own division?

Detroit 2-0

Washington 1-1

just curious, I hope its not as Detroit is 0-2 against the NFCE.

First tie-breaker is head-to-head. We won. We would be the #6 if the playoffs started today.

Archived