Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Good luck... but

Pats2007

Sean Taylor = Double coverage

you will find out this sunday.

Exactly. Taylor shuts down entire secondaries because he has the vision and the speed to make ridiculous breaks on the ball and get to wherever the pass is going. There is a reason we have given up almost no deep pass plays this year and that reason goes by the name of Sean Taylor. Look what happened when Favre chucked it up for a guy to make plays on. Nada. Taylor had 2 INTs and could easily have had 4 if he didn't drop a couple. If Brady tries that "chuck it to Moss and let him make a play on it" stuff vs our secondary he is in for a long day. Like others said, look at past games vs Moss. Sean Taylor owns him.

Sean Taylor = Double coverage

you will find out this sunday.

Exactly. Taylor shuts down entire secondaries because he has the vision and the speed to make ridiculous breaks on the ball and get to wherever the pass is going. There is a reason we have given up almost no deep pass plays this year and that reason goes by the name of Sean Taylor. Look what happened when Favre chucked it up for a guy to make plays on. Nada. Taylor had 2 INTs and could easily have had 4 if he didn't drop a couple. If Brady tries that "chuck it to Moss and let him make a play on it" stuff vs our secondary he is in for a long day. Like others said, look at past games vs Moss. Sean Taylor owns him.

Obviously the Pats are a good team, no question. But you can only survive with just a passing game for so long. You have to run the ball to consistently win in this league, and whichever team does a better job of that on Sunday will win.

And I would love to see Landry or someone take Bradys head off. How 'bout a bashing from Taylor when Moss or Welker goes over the middle?? Remember TOs "Gator Arms"?

Obviously the Pats are a good team, no question. But you can only survive with just a passing game for so long. You have to run the ball to consistently win in this league, and whichever team does a better job of that on Sunday will win.

And I would love to see Landry or someone take Bradys head off. How 'bout a bashing from Taylor when Moss or Welker goes over the middle?? Remember TOs "Gator Arms"?

Listen Pats fan, it has and will always fall to Brady. Remove Brady and you remove the SB's.

I think NE is the front runner to win the SB this year because Brady is surrounded by a lot of talent. I think your defense is as good as any of the SB teams. Your offensive line has been great. This year you might be able to insert a backup in there and have a shot at the SB, but again, without your HOF QB your team doesn't get past the Colts.

Your head coach is very good and should get in the HOF, but without Brady he is just another guy who got close.

Listen Pats fan, it has and will always fall to Brady. Remove Brady and you remove the SB's.

I think NE is the front runner to win the SB this year because Brady is surrounded by a lot of talent. I think your defense is as good as any of the SB teams. Your offensive line has been great. This year you might be able to insert a backup in there and have a shot at the SB, but again, without your HOF QB your team doesn't get past the Colts.

Your head coach is very good and should get in the HOF, but without Brady he is just another guy who got close.

Tell you what. IF our offense can hold the ball unlike last weekend for a good 30-35 minutes and THEN Brady still manages to light up our secondary for 30+ points I will gladly crown you AFC Champs and say....see you in Arizona! Until then...there is always Sunday. :thumbsup:

Tell you what. IF our offense can hold the ball unlike last weekend for a good 30-35 minutes and THEN Brady still manages to light up our secondary for 30+ points I will gladly crown you AFC Champs and say....see you in Arizona! Until then...there is always Sunday. :thumbsup:

HAHA, the post about the Patriots coming out with bruises was awesome! I agree, the defense isn't going to lay down for anyone. Moss will NOT have a big game. In fact I think he will have TO like numbers when he faces the Skins. Something like 3 catches 25 yards, fumble. Taylor OWNS MOSS and TO. The only person I've seen him have trouble with is Plexico. That guy is so underrated. He's incredible. Anyways..

Good luck on Sunday. I hope no one is injured despite my bruises comments. I just meant the Skins D can Bring it. If the Redskins offense wakes up, finds an identity, and plays with some passion this game COULD be an upset. Otherwise I'd expect it to be much closer than the 17 points the Skins are being spotted.

HAHA, the post about the Patriots coming out with bruises was awesome! I agree, the defense isn't going to lay down for anyone. Moss will NOT have a big game. In fact I think he will have TO like numbers when he faces the Skins. Something like 3 catches 25 yards, fumble. Taylor OWNS MOSS and TO. The only person I've seen him have trouble with is Plexico. That guy is so underrated. He's incredible. Anyways..

Good luck on Sunday. I hope no one is injured despite my bruises comments. I just meant the Skins D can Bring it. If the Redskins offense wakes up, finds an identity, and plays with some passion this game COULD be an upset. Otherwise I'd expect it to be much closer than the 17 points the Skins are being spotted.

Sammy Morris is out and I believe that Maroney got three carries last week. If Kevin Faulk is the runningback expect the Redskins to rush four drop seven and keep Taylor over Moss. The key to the Patriots game is not letting them get out to a lead early. In EVERY game they play they get out to a lead and force teams to catch up. I can appreciate a Patriots fan and how great it must feel to have one of the best players on the field every week, but in my opinion Peyton Manning is a better quarterback than Brady for only one reason... Manning has had several fourth quarter comebacks. I'll bet if you look up the stats you will find that Tom Brady has very few late game comebacks. Manning has done it and I think the last time New England was behind late in a game and needed a touchdown drive he threw a pick in Indy. I don't think that New England should be a 16 point favorite, and if that doesn't motivate the Skins to come out with some pride then the season is over. One last thought: if the Patriots find thmselves up 42-7 on the Skins at halftime and the Skins use up half of the third quarter on their first drive of the second half only to throw a pick in the endzone, and the Patriots come out throwing passes I would send Sean Taylor and Leron Landry up the middle and introduce themselves to Tom Brady. Then we will see who needs thicker skin.

Sammy Morris is out and I believe that Maroney got three carries last week. If Kevin Faulk is the runningback expect the Redskins to rush four drop seven and keep Taylor over Moss. The key to the Patriots game is not letting them get out to a lead early. In EVERY game they play they get out to a lead and force teams to catch up. I can appreciate a Patriots fan and how great it must feel to have one of the best players on the field every week, but in my opinion Peyton Manning is a better quarterback than Brady for only one reason... Manning has had several fourth quarter comebacks. I'll bet if you look up the stats you will find that Tom Brady has very few late game comebacks. Manning has done it and I think the last time New England was behind late in a game and needed a touchdown drive he threw a pick in Indy. I don't think that New England should be a 16 point favorite, and if that doesn't motivate the Skins to come out with some pride then the season is over. One last thought: if the Patriots find thmselves up 42-7 on the Skins at halftime and the Skins use up half of the third quarter on their first drive of the second half only to throw a pick in the endzone, and the Patriots come out throwing passes I would send Sean Taylor and Leron Landry up the middle and introduce themselves to Tom Brady. Then we will see who needs thicker skin.

Let me ask you this, Mr. Pats fan: Has ANYONE of those fragile twig receivers on the Pats been hit by someone by the likes of Sean Taylor, Laron Landry, et al? Do you know what happened the last time Randy Moss faced Sean Taylor? (I'll give you a hint: it starts with "walked off the field early" and ends with "crying in pain")

hahaha i remember that too. Randy was getting is ass kicked around all day by taylor.

Let me ask you this, Mr. Pats fan: Has ANYONE of those fragile twig receivers on the Pats been hit by someone by the likes of Sean Taylor, Laron Landry, et al? Do you know what happened the last time Randy Moss faced Sean Taylor? (I'll give you a hint: it starts with "walked off the field early" and ends with "crying in pain")

hahaha i remember that too. Randy was getting is ass kicked around all day by taylor.

Brady is the real source he needs to get smacked!! as for moss! who cares, ya see thats the problem with a lot of teams is that they give moss too much respect!! respect will hurt you!! its bout time to hand moss a huge sandwich if he decides to even think about touchin the ball, Period, lets disrespect the pats and get exotic with the blitzes and whoever catches, God be with them cause they gonna get smashed!! skins gonna get mad respect after this game win or lose!!!

Brady is the real source he needs to get smacked!! as for moss! who cares, ya see thats the problem with a lot of teams is that they give moss too much respect!! respect will hurt you!! its bout time to hand moss a huge sandwich if he decides to even think about touchin the ball, Period, lets disrespect the pats and get exotic with the blitzes and whoever catches, God be with them cause they gonna get smashed!! skins gonna get mad respect after this game win or lose!!!

Taylor did own Moss that game...but, didn't Moss score a touchdown against us while limping?

From my earlier post, I gave huge credit to the Patriots....and I think the 16-17 point spread is justified....as the Pats have destroyed the spread every game....most of which have been pretty big.

They are way better than the offenses of the Packers/Lions/Giants/Cards/Eagles/Dolphins.....heck, their defense is better than any of those, as well.

If we were playing at home, they were coming of a road Monday night game, our line was healthy, Moss wasn't dropping balls, Portis was running like the beginning of his career, and Campbell was never throwing a pass high or too early, I still wouldn't feel confident....These '07 Patriots are (through seven games) one of the greatest teams ever to play professional football.

Just as if you were fighting someone bigger, stronger, quicker, and tougher than you....you have to hit them first, hard, and repeatedly.....it is the only way to give you a good chance at winning.

With all that being said....without a field goal kicker that was extremely clutch, without the tuck rule (an incomplete pass, when the player was NOT trying to throw the ball???? A rule nobody had heard of until that play!), without squeaking by three points to an overconfident Rams team, squeaking by three points to a nervous banged up Eagles team, squeaking by three points to a no-name Panthers team....without all those things Tom Brady and Bill Belichick would NOT have any trophies or rings.

Three superbowls provided at the foot of a kicker, over teams that really weren't that great....and that tuck rule....c'mon.

Also, just because Bill Parcells sticks up for his boy and says "everyone does it" doesn't make it true....I guarantee you Joe Gibbs does NOT cheat...in that blatant fashion.

So, yes the legacy isn't that much.....but, this particular team is very good....and 27 TDs to 2 interceptions....that's like stats put up on Madden.

Taylor did own Moss that game...but, didn't Moss score a touchdown against us while limping?

From my earlier post, I gave huge credit to the Patriots....and I think the 16-17 point spread is justified....as the Pats have destroyed the spread every game....most of which have been pretty big.

They are way better than the offenses of the Packers/Lions/Giants/Cards/Eagles/Dolphins.....heck, their defense is better than any of those, as well.

If we were playing at home, they were coming of a road Monday night game, our line was healthy, Moss wasn't dropping balls, Portis was running like the beginning of his career, and Campbell was never throwing a pass high or too early, I still wouldn't feel confident....These '07 Patriots are (through seven games) one of the greatest teams ever to play professional football.

Just as if you were fighting someone bigger, stronger, quicker, and tougher than you....you have to hit them first, hard, and repeatedly.....it is the only way to give you a good chance at winning.

With all that being said....without a field goal kicker that was extremely clutch, without the tuck rule (an incomplete pass, when the player was NOT trying to throw the ball???? A rule nobody had heard of until that play!), without squeaking by three points to an overconfident Rams team, squeaking by three points to a nervous banged up Eagles team, squeaking by three points to a no-name Panthers team....without all those things Tom Brady and Bill Belichick would NOT have any trophies or rings.

Three superbowls provided at the foot of a kicker, over teams that really weren't that great....and that tuck rule....c'mon.

Also, just because Bill Parcells sticks up for his boy and says "everyone does it" doesn't make it true....I guarantee you Joe Gibbs does NOT cheat...in that blatant fashion.

So, yes the legacy isn't that much.....but, this particular team is very good....and 27 TDs to 2 interceptions....that's like stats put up on Madden.

Archived