Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Good luck... but

Pats2007

That's my point. Randy isn't *THE* weapon... he's just ONE of many. NE does a very good job of making sure that its not dependent on just one player. The only exception is Brady. But, our backups aren't “terrible” at all.

The presence of Randy is enough to give most D's nightmares, but he's not the only receiver who can make huge plays and or score.

OUR point is that Brady is THE weapon, not Moss. Can Brady take a pounding? I'm sure we're gonna find out this weekend.

Barring some fluke like Moss or Brady being hurt, I think our D will hold tight awhile, and that Moss won't be the story. . .I think Wes Walker and Stallworth will have huge games against Smoot and Rogers. I think Moss will have an average day, nothing spectacular, nothing terrible, with Springs and Taylor on him. I watched Moss in his Vikings days, and if you play him physical and frustrate him deep, you can limit him somewhat. In theory, Taylor has a chance to do that. . .but it is still Randy Moss.

I think the real problem for us, and the story of this game for us, is your DL and front seven manhandling our OL, totally disrupting our O. I just don't think our coaching staff has the nuts to even call the time of offensive gameplan that would give us a chance. . .even if our OL was healthy, which it isn't.

A good scenario is our defense spending way too much time on field due to O struggles, being dog tired second half, you lighting it up then.

If our playcalling on O is gutless, it will be over a lot sooner.

I am a lifelong Skins fan, but I say you win by 14 or more.

We win if we gut some pressure early, doubtful, super doubtful, as Brady would make us pay, AND Taylor gets some big hits on Moss and Walker early that scare them. I'm hardly holding my breath, but barring some you guys piss the game away scenario which is uncharacteristic, that would be our only chance. Big hits up the wazoo for us on D, Brady pressured, Gibbs calling an aggressive offense suitable for modern football rather than the usual fearfest.

Barring some fluke like Moss or Brady being hurt, I think our D will hold tight awhile, and that Moss won't be the story. . .I think Wes Walker and Stallworth will have huge games against Smoot and Rogers. I think Moss will have an average day, nothing spectacular, nothing terrible, with Springs and Taylor on him. I watched Moss in his Vikings days, and if you play him physical and frustrate him deep, you can limit him somewhat. In theory, Taylor has a chance to do that. . .but it is still Randy Moss.

I think the real problem for us, and the story of this game for us, is your DL and front seven manhandling our OL, totally disrupting our O. I just don't think our coaching staff has the nuts to even call the time of offensive gameplan that would give us a chance. . .even if our OL was healthy, which it isn't.

A good scenario is our defense spending way too much time on field due to O struggles, being dog tired second half, you lighting it up then.

If our playcalling on O is gutless, it will be over a lot sooner.

I am a lifelong Skins fan, but I say you win by 14 or more.

We win if we gut some pressure early, doubtful, super doubtful, as Brady would make us pay, AND Taylor gets some big hits on Moss and Walker early that scare them. I'm hardly holding my breath, but barring some you guys piss the game away scenario which is uncharacteristic, that would be our only chance. Big hits up the wazoo for us on D, Brady pressured, Gibbs calling an aggressive offense suitable for modern football rather than the usual fearfest.

BUT, please keep in mind the weaponry at Brady's disposal. You WILL have to double cover Moss. Nickel, Dime, whatever you run you're going to have to double team him or you're going to get owned. Say you manage to shut Moss down... what are you going to do about Welker? Stallworth? Gaffney?

Meh, this isn't the first time we've faced a #1 passing offense this year. In fact it's the third time. Yes the talent level in NE is higher but at the risk of sounding Norvish, what we do works.

This isn't the first time this defense has had to defend Moss either. With Sean Taylor back there we match up extremely well against Moss. This is BY FAR the best secondary NE has had to face this year.

Double cover and play pass protect and Maroney, Morris and Faulk will eat up huge chunks of real estate.

Our linebackers are playing at a pro bowl level right now. Unless they get tired from being out on the field for huge periods of time, I don't see that happening.

You're going to have your hands full, no doubt.

Ditto

As for our D, like I said, ranked 3rd in the NFL.

Quite an accomplishment with all the juggernauts you all have faced right? :silly:

I think it's going to be a good game.

I think and hope so too :cheers:

BUT, please keep in mind the weaponry at Brady's disposal. You WILL have to double cover Moss. Nickel, Dime, whatever you run you're going to have to double team him or you're going to get owned. Say you manage to shut Moss down... what are you going to do about Welker? Stallworth? Gaffney?

Meh, this isn't the first time we've faced a #1 passing offense this year. In fact it's the third time. Yes the talent level in NE is higher but at the risk of sounding Norvish, what we do works.

This isn't the first time this defense has had to defend Moss either. With Sean Taylor back there we match up extremely well against Moss. This is BY FAR the best secondary NE has had to face this year.

Double cover and play pass protect and Maroney, Morris and Faulk will eat up huge chunks of real estate.

Our linebackers are playing at a pro bowl level right now. Unless they get tired from being out on the field for huge periods of time, I don't see that happening.

Ditto

As for our D, like I said, ranked 3rd in the NFL.

Quite an accomplishment with all the juggernauts you all have faced right? :silly:

I think it's going to be a good game.

I think and hope so too :cheers:

You guys have a pretty good team here. Good D and an O that's on its way and can only get better.

I've been reading your board here (nice layout by the way), and I wanted to enlighten you on a few things.

1. Belichick does not overlook ANY team (including the Dolphins). Trust me on this, he's taking you all just as serious as he is the Dolts we have to face in a couple of weeks. NE does not look ahead to future games - this is one of the cornerstones to our overall success.

2. The guys' egos do not get inflated. BB (Bill Belichick) makes sure of this. Know what he said about Brady's 6 TD performance during the Miami game? He said it was "pretty good." Not spectacular, not amazing... just "pretty good." There are no big heads in NE. There are no self-appointed superstars in NE. They function completely as a team always. Just as an example... while that pinhead up in Indianapolis is off making cell phone commercials and eating up the limelight, Brady makes sure that when he does a commercial, his O line gets a piece of the action.

3. This is the most solidified I've ever seen this team [the Pats] and I've been a fan for about 18 years now.

A lot of folks are talking down the NE D, saying it's overrated, whatever... it's ranked THIRD in the NFL - check out the stats - we've allowed just over 100 yards rushing per game, and held the oppositions air game to just under 300 yards. Yes, there are some missed tackles here and there, but by and large the D does a good job of keeping the other team's O off the field. We've averaged over 38 minutes of O per game - that says something about the D.

Yes, right now the Patriots on a rampage. A lot of teams out there have done nothing but insult and criticize us for the whole “videogate” incident. EVEN after Bill Parcells (sp) himself came out and openly said, “hey everyone does it, they just got caught.” Ok, fine. We paid the price. We took the punishment and are no longer doing it... and we're still catching flack. So now it's payback time. NE doesn't talk smack, they don't put down other teams in front of the cameras, they just go out on the field and destroy you. Ask the Cowgirls how the “popcorn” tasted.

I don't know if [they] have an axe to grind with you guys. I never head anything ill coming from your coach or team. However, this is the NFL, this is professional football, all the people crying and whining about us “running up the score” need to grow thicker skin. There's not a single team out there that hasn't won by HUGE margins – yet we're the only ones being raked over hot coals for doing what teams are SUPPOSED to do?

Ok, enough of that. Here's a little insider scoop (from a Pats fan) about the game coming up.

Yes, a lot of you are right – this IS going to be a good test for us. Washington will be the second team of any real quality we've faced this year. BUT, please keep in mind the weaponry at Brady's disposal. You WILL have to double cover Moss. Nickel, Dime, whatever you run you're going to have to double team him or you're going to get owned. Say you manage to shut Moss down... what are you going to do about Welker? Stallworth? Gaffney? If you want to rush and jam 8 men in the box to pressure Brady or stop the run – he's going to shred your secondary. Double cover and play pass protect and Maroney, Morris and Faulk will eat up huge chunks of real estate.

As for our D, like I said, ranked 3rd in the NFL. You're not going to be able to pass all over us, or run the ball much. Especially if Seymour is back for the game.

There's not a lot of ill feelings toward you all. We hope it's a good game and we both walk away from this a little better.

Not sure what your schedule is, but I hope you beat the hell out of the Cowpatties... do us a favor and take some popcorn!

Good luck you all... I think it's going to be a good game.

New England doesn't seem to have many weaknesses but i think this is how we go at it.

1) Try to take away passing game. Limit Moss, Stalloworth and the rest of the guys.

2) Force Maroney to run. Yep force you guys to run the ball. That's fine dink and dunk all you want. The Redskins i believe will make you play this type of game. I don't think your recievers will beat us. I believe Gibbs will force you guys into running the football and throwing short passes.

3) Run the football. Control time of possession with long and sustained drives.

Easier said than done but i believe this will be how we attack New England.

You guys have a pretty good team here. Good D and an O that's on its way and can only get better.

I've been reading your board here (nice layout by the way), and I wanted to enlighten you on a few things.

1. Belichick does not overlook ANY team (including the Dolphins). Trust me on this, he's taking you all just as serious as he is the Dolts we have to face in a couple of weeks. NE does not look ahead to future games - this is one of the cornerstones to our overall success.

2. The guys' egos do not get inflated. BB (Bill Belichick) makes sure of this. Know what he said about Brady's 6 TD performance during the Miami game? He said it was "pretty good." Not spectacular, not amazing... just "pretty good." There are no big heads in NE. There are no self-appointed superstars in NE. They function completely as a team always. Just as an example... while that pinhead up in Indianapolis is off making cell phone commercials and eating up the limelight, Brady makes sure that when he does a commercial, his O line gets a piece of the action.

3. This is the most solidified I've ever seen this team [the Pats] and I've been a fan for about 18 years now.

A lot of folks are talking down the NE D, saying it's overrated, whatever... it's ranked THIRD in the NFL - check out the stats - we've allowed just over 100 yards rushing per game, and held the oppositions air game to just under 300 yards. Yes, there are some missed tackles here and there, but by and large the D does a good job of keeping the other team's O off the field. We've averaged over 38 minutes of O per game - that says something about the D.

Yes, right now the Patriots on a rampage. A lot of teams out there have done nothing but insult and criticize us for the whole “videogate” incident. EVEN after Bill Parcells (sp) himself came out and openly said, “hey everyone does it, they just got caught.” Ok, fine. We paid the price. We took the punishment and are no longer doing it... and we're still catching flack. So now it's payback time. NE doesn't talk smack, they don't put down other teams in front of the cameras, they just go out on the field and destroy you. Ask the Cowgirls how the “popcorn” tasted.

I don't know if [they] have an axe to grind with you guys. I never head anything ill coming from your coach or team. However, this is the NFL, this is professional football, all the people crying and whining about us “running up the score” need to grow thicker skin. There's not a single team out there that hasn't won by HUGE margins – yet we're the only ones being raked over hot coals for doing what teams are SUPPOSED to do?

Ok, enough of that. Here's a little insider scoop (from a Pats fan) about the game coming up.

Yes, a lot of you are right – this IS going to be a good test for us. Washington will be the second team of any real quality we've faced this year. BUT, please keep in mind the weaponry at Brady's disposal. You WILL have to double cover Moss. Nickel, Dime, whatever you run you're going to have to double team him or you're going to get owned. Say you manage to shut Moss down... what are you going to do about Welker? Stallworth? Gaffney? If you want to rush and jam 8 men in the box to pressure Brady or stop the run – he's going to shred your secondary. Double cover and play pass protect and Maroney, Morris and Faulk will eat up huge chunks of real estate.

As for our D, like I said, ranked 3rd in the NFL. You're not going to be able to pass all over us, or run the ball much. Especially if Seymour is back for the game.

There's not a lot of ill feelings toward you all. We hope it's a good game and we both walk away from this a little better.

Not sure what your schedule is, but I hope you beat the hell out of the Cowpatties... do us a favor and take some popcorn!

Good luck you all... I think it's going to be a good game.

New England doesn't seem to have many weaknesses but i think this is how we go at it.

1) Try to take away passing game. Limit Moss, Stalloworth and the rest of the guys.

2) Force Maroney to run. Yep force you guys to run the ball. That's fine dink and dunk all you want. The Redskins i believe will make you play this type of game. I don't think your recievers will beat us. I believe Gibbs will force you guys into running the football and throwing short passes.

3) Run the football. Control time of possession with long and sustained drives.

Easier said than done but i believe this will be how we attack New England.

See what we did to Detroit. We have the tools to take away the deep ball and your running game really doesn't scare anybody. It will be up to Tom Brady to be very accurate and consistent on the short-medium passes.

Clearly, that is not difficult for Brady. And our offense stinks and is banged up right now. But Washington can ruin your November superbowl.

See what we did to Detroit. We have the tools to take away the deep ball and your running game really doesn't scare anybody. It will be up to Tom Brady to be very accurate and consistent on the short-medium passes.

Clearly, that is not difficult for Brady. And our offense stinks and is banged up right now. But Washington can ruin your November superbowl.

Very good original post. Your points are all well taken by nay "realistic" fan.

On paper, the Patriots are far and away the better team. What manh of us here are counting on is that "no team" goes undefeated so the patriots "should" lose at least 1 if not 2 games this year...the 4 toughest games left for the Patriots are the Redskins, Colts, Steelers and Ravens...given that all those teams are AFC teams, it stands to reason the LEAST important game is against the Redskins nto to mention the "trap" game with Indy on deck.

I am a die hard Redskin fan for well over 20 years...and I know when my team is out-classed.

But I still hold out hope for an upset in these situations...I watched the Redskins beat Dallas in 1995 as a 16 point underdog in a year in which Dallas won the SB...so it "could" happen....uh...maybe...

Very good original post. Your points are all well taken by nay "realistic" fan.

On paper, the Patriots are far and away the better team. What manh of us here are counting on is that "no team" goes undefeated so the patriots "should" lose at least 1 if not 2 games this year...the 4 toughest games left for the Patriots are the Redskins, Colts, Steelers and Ravens...given that all those teams are AFC teams, it stands to reason the LEAST important game is against the Redskins nto to mention the "trap" game with Indy on deck.

I am a die hard Redskin fan for well over 20 years...and I know when my team is out-classed.

But I still hold out hope for an upset in these situations...I watched the Redskins beat Dallas in 1995 as a 16 point underdog in a year in which Dallas won the SB...so it "could" happen....uh...maybe...

Agree 100%. I think the REdskins are thinking along these lines. Force New England to run. If our corners and safeties take away the deep pass they will be forced to run.

The Redskins will throw in the blitz here and there but i think this can be pretty effective and when has New England faced a stiff defense to this point? San Diego was mess when they played them and Dallas's defense is nowhere near as good as ours. No way. Roy Williams is the most overrated safety in fooball. Plenty to exploit when playing the cowboys. Mr. Moss/Stallworth meet Mr. Taylor. I'm looking forward to this.

Agree 100%. I think the REdskins are thinking along these lines. Force New England to run. If our corners and safeties take away the deep pass they will be forced to run.

The Redskins will throw in the blitz here and there but i think this can be pretty effective and when has New England faced a stiff defense to this point? San Diego was mess when they played them and Dallas's defense is nowhere near as good as ours. No way. Roy Williams is the most overrated safety in fooball. Plenty to exploit when playing the cowboys. Mr. Moss/Stallworth meet Mr. Taylor. I'm looking forward to this.

Archived