Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Good luck... but

Pats2007

Yes, a lot of you are right – this IS going to be a good test for us. Washington will be the second team of any real quality we've faced this year. BUT, please keep in mind the weaponry at Brady's disposal. You WILL have to double cover Moss. Nickel, Dime, whatever you run you're going to have to double team him or you're going to get owned. Say you manage to shut Moss down... what are you going to do about Welker? Stallworth? Gaffney? If you want to rush and jam 8 men in the box to pressure Brady or stop the run – he's going to shred your secondary. Double cover and play pass protect and Maroney, Morris and Faulk will eat up huge chunks of real estate.

BZZZZZT. WRONG.

Sean Taylor changes everything. We don't have to double Moss deep because Taylor can play the entire deep field and get under any deep pass before it gets there or come up and lay the wood on anyone catching the ball over the middle. And BTW I hope your trainers are well rested because they are going to have their hands full. I just hope Taylor doesn't actually kill Moss when he hits his skinny ass.

Honestly, I'm so sick of the arrogance of NE and their fans that this is one game I want to see us knock people the **** out. No permanent damage mind you but I want and expect us to inflict lots of pain. Lets see if you can put up 40 with your boys on the side line crying for mommy.

:evil:

yet we're the only ones being raked over hot coals for doing what teams are SUPPOSED to do?QUOTE]

Pats2007, what sports media are you listening to??? I can't turn anything on that I am not hearing the media singing the praises of NE, and that is putting it lightly. I guarantee you that if the 'Skins were to win this game, the media will come up with all sorts of excuses as to why the Pats lost. They are just the darlings of the League, ahead of Indy and Dallas and whomever else right now.

I am hoping for a real good, solid game, and one that goes right down to the final tick. Sure I'd love to save on my heart and have Washington up by, oh say 28 or 35 late in the 4th, but that is totally wishfull thinking and defies all laws of physics in this one.:) I am no fan of NE even though I live here, my team has always been the Washington Redskins, through good times and bad. But I will say that I have a great deal of respect for your Team and the way they are playing right now, that can not be denied, quite, quite impressive.

Here's to a great game!

Hail Skins.................Eileen

yet we're the only ones being raked over hot coals for doing what teams are SUPPOSED to do?QUOTE]

Pats2007, what sports media are you listening to??? I can't turn anything on that I am not hearing the media singing the praises of NE, and that is putting it lightly. I guarantee you that if the 'Skins were to win this game, the media will come up with all sorts of excuses as to why the Pats lost. They are just the darlings of the League, ahead of Indy and Dallas and whomever else right now.

I am hoping for a real good, solid game, and one that goes right down to the final tick. Sure I'd love to save on my heart and have Washington up by, oh say 28 or 35 late in the 4th, but that is totally wishfull thinking and defies all laws of physics in this one.:) I am no fan of NE even though I live here, my team has always been the Washington Redskins, through good times and bad. But I will say that I have a great deal of respect for your Team and the way they are playing right now, that can not be denied, quite, quite impressive.

Here's to a great game!

Hail Skins.................Eileen

That's my point. Randy isn't *THE* weapon... he's just ONE of many. NE does a very good job of making sure that its not dependent on just one player. The only exception is Brady. But, our backups aren't “terrible” at all.

The presence of Randy is enough to give most D's nightmares, but he's not the only receiver who can make huge plays and or score.

We don't have to double team Randy. Sean Taylor will give him nightmares after this game is over. Randy hates to get hit and he's never met the human hit stick in his career before. Moss might claim to be a freak but he's never seen a defensive freak like Sean Taylor before.

And let's say that Sean Taylor wasn't assigned to him due to position. Moss would be inviting a double team. He made those Dolphins players look silly the way they had him double and triple covered and he still caught touchdowns. Moss is inviting a double team and to be honest, double teaming him might not be in our best interest anyway.

The key lies with Tom Brady. Not Randy Moss.

That's my point. Randy isn't *THE* weapon... he's just ONE of many. NE does a very good job of making sure that its not dependent on just one player. The only exception is Brady. But, our backups aren't “terrible” at all.

The presence of Randy is enough to give most D's nightmares, but he's not the only receiver who can make huge plays and or score.

We don't have to double team Randy. Sean Taylor will give him nightmares after this game is over. Randy hates to get hit and he's never met the human hit stick in his career before. Moss might claim to be a freak but he's never seen a defensive freak like Sean Taylor before.

And let's say that Sean Taylor wasn't assigned to him due to position. Moss would be inviting a double team. He made those Dolphins players look silly the way they had him double and triple covered and he still caught touchdowns. Moss is inviting a double team and to be honest, double teaming him might not be in our best interest anyway.

The key lies with Tom Brady. Not Randy Moss.

I have been a Redskin fan for many years and the one thing I can say about Joe Gibbs is that when the odds are piled against the Redskins he will not allow them to leave anything on the field. Case in point, last year against the Colts, Payton Manning was just about distroyed by the Redskin defense in the first half. (Too bad our offense was so sorry last year). Last year against the Saints - they were tearing up the league coming off a total stomping of the Cowboys - Game result - Redskins win (9+ point underdog). The first quarter will be critical. If the Redskins bring the wood and get big hits early on Brady and Moss, all bets are off. I remember another team that had an unstoppable offense comparable to the 2007 Pats, the 1991 Bills - Game result - Redskins win. Joe Gibbs and the 2007 Redskins will upset the Pats. - By the way - Good Luck to you too.

I have been a Redskin fan for many years and the one thing I can say about Joe Gibbs is that when the odds are piled against the Redskins he will not allow them to leave anything on the field. Case in point, last year against the Colts, Payton Manning was just about distroyed by the Redskin defense in the first half. (Too bad our offense was so sorry last year). Last year against the Saints - they were tearing up the league coming off a total stomping of the Cowboys - Game result - Redskins win (9+ point underdog). The first quarter will be critical. If the Redskins bring the wood and get big hits early on Brady and Moss, all bets are off. I remember another team that had an unstoppable offense comparable to the 2007 Pats, the 1991 Bills - Game result - Redskins win. Joe Gibbs and the 2007 Redskins will upset the Pats. - By the way - Good Luck to you too.

You guys have a pretty good team here. Good D and an O that's on its way and can only get better.

I've been reading your board here (nice layout by the way), and I wanted to enlighten you on a few things.

1. Belichick does not overlook ANY team (including the Dolphins). Trust me on this, he's taking you all just as serious as he is the Dolts we have to face in a couple of weeks. NE does not look ahead to future games - this is one of the cornerstones to our overall success.

I like that, and think that is 100% true.... HOWEVER..... IF somehow the skins won, 101% of the media and 110% of Pats fans would be saying the Pats overlooked them and did not play there best, blah, blah, blah.... and litte or no credit to the skins having a good team or playing a good game

I wont get to see it live... I'll be at the Pep Boys 500 in Atlanta...

GO SKINS!

You guys have a pretty good team here. Good D and an O that's on its way and can only get better.

I've been reading your board here (nice layout by the way), and I wanted to enlighten you on a few things.

1. Belichick does not overlook ANY team (including the Dolphins). Trust me on this, he's taking you all just as serious as he is the Dolts we have to face in a couple of weeks. NE does not look ahead to future games - this is one of the cornerstones to our overall success.

I like that, and think that is 100% true.... HOWEVER..... IF somehow the skins won, 101% of the media and 110% of Pats fans would be saying the Pats overlooked them and did not play there best, blah, blah, blah.... and litte or no credit to the skins having a good team or playing a good game

I wont get to see it live... I'll be at the Pep Boys 500 in Atlanta...

GO SKINS!

Archived