Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Key to pressuring brady = LaRon Landry

Brandon Lloyd Christmas

we drafted this guy to be the in the box saftey, and one of his strongest points is blitzing. before the season started, all of us expected him to be a blitzing machine, and we havent seen him blitz a lot. its pretty much safe to say that our front 4 arent going to be getting a good amoutn of pressure on the pats extremely good oline this weekend, and if washington isnt back, we are gonna need to pressure brady somehow.

i really hope landry is used to blitz this weekend, and blitz a lot. ive seen brady get rattled before when guys are in his face, and i think the only way we utilize our secondaries talent is to force brady to make mistakes. landry is a complete beast and i really hope we see him trying to get in bradys face all day, because if not, were just gonna be another pats victim.

anyone else think we might let landry loose this weekend? or will williams just go with the 4 man rush/7 in coverage?

we drafted this guy to be the in the box saftey, and one of his strongest points is blitzing. before the season started, all of us expected him to be a blitzing machine, and we havent seen him blitz a lot. its pretty much safe to say that our front 4 arent going to be getting a good amoutn of pressure on the pats extremely good oline this weekend, and if washington isnt back, we are gonna need to pressure brady somehow.

i really hope landry is used to blitz this weekend, and blitz a lot. ive seen brady get rattled before when guys are in his face, and i think the only way we utilize our secondaries talent is to force brady to make mistakes. landry is a complete beast and i really hope we see him trying to get in bradys face all day, because if not, were just gonna be another pats victim.

anyone else think we might let landry loose this weekend? or will williams just go with the 4 man rush/7 in coverage?

I'd rather not. Bltizing sounds sexy and all, but they are the best line at picking up the blitz. So what you will essentially have, is Brady sitting back there with plenty of time to find one of many targets. We need Landry in coverage this week. As dumb as it may sound we need to keep the same gameplan we have had. If it aint broke dont fix it. Make brady throw short and take away the big play. We can get coverage sacks. If we take away the big play like we have, then the score will be within reach at any point. With the gameplan we had against Arizona we were one terrible screen pass and two stupid penalties away from a shut out.

I'd rather not. Bltizing sounds sexy and all, but they are the best line at picking up the blitz. So what you will essentially have, is Brady sitting back there with plenty of time to find one of many targets. We need Landry in coverage this week. As dumb as it may sound we need to keep the same gameplan we have had. If it aint broke dont fix it. Make brady throw short and take away the big play. We can get coverage sacks. If we take away the big play like we have, then the score will be within reach at any point. With the gameplan we had against Arizona we were one terrible screen pass and two stupid penalties away from a shut out.

It sounds as if Marcus will be back this week so I see Williams using him as a pass-rusher because he's very good at it. I also expect some surprises from him though, and blitzing Landry could be one of those surprises especially if Smoot is healthy and PP is in the game on passing downs.

It sounds as if Marcus will be back this week so I see Williams using him as a pass-rusher because he's very good at it. I also expect some surprises from him though, and blitzing Landry could be one of those surprises especially if Smoot is healthy and PP is in the game on passing downs.

I think with their receiving corps, we'll need all the help downfield we can get.

Moss, Stallworth, Welker and Gaffney are no slouches.

I think we'll be in quite a predictament here. Do we sit back and let Brady pick us apart or do we attack him and leave us vulnerable to the deep play?

I think with their receiving corps, we'll need all the help downfield we can get.

Moss, Stallworth, Welker and Gaffney are no slouches.

I think we'll be in quite a predictament here. Do we sit back and let Brady pick us apart or do we attack him and leave us vulnerable to the deep play?

Yea blitz him from the outside not to the inside. The middle of the offense is the most fortified position in football. Blitz him from the outisde.

i completely disagree. if we are going to use landry to blitz, then he has to come up the middle. first of all, carter and daniels are getting good outside pressure on their own. second of all, brady feels the outside pressure better than any other qb in the league right now and slides away from it with ease. if you want to use landry to pressure brady, then you have to send him up the middle and get in brady's face.

Yea blitz him from the outside not to the inside. The middle of the offense is the most fortified position in football. Blitz him from the outisde.

i completely disagree. if we are going to use landry to blitz, then he has to come up the middle. first of all, carter and daniels are getting good outside pressure on their own. second of all, brady feels the outside pressure better than any other qb in the league right now and slides away from it with ease. if you want to use landry to pressure brady, then you have to send him up the middle and get in brady's face.

I agree, even if we do take the chance and dial up the blitz i personally feel pressure from the inside would be more effective against Brady.

Brady loves steping up in the pocket like any good quarterback we have to find ways when/if we do decide to blitz to make him get out of the pocket, and get uncomfortable. Tough thing to do, but if were going to blitz IMO it should be from up the gut on the stunting the B Gaps.

I agree, even if we do take the chance and dial up the blitz i personally feel pressure from the inside would be more effective against Brady.

Brady loves steping up in the pocket like any good quarterback we have to find ways when/if we do decide to blitz to make him get out of the pocket, and get uncomfortable. Tough thing to do, but if were going to blitz IMO it should be from up the gut on the stunting the B Gaps.

Archived