Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Key to pressuring brady = LaRon Landry

Brandon Lloyd Christmas

I think the key to pressuring Brady has to be not blitzing. The guy is smart enough to read it and take advantage. And they are extremely good at picking it up.

Front four need to play the game of their life. And it would be nice if Washington was healthy for this game. If we blitz IMO it should be the LBs.

Dont think so. We can't blitz a lot. We can't not blitz either. our frton four is not goig to get enough pressure on Brady. You worried about him taking advantage of our blitzes. But its even worse if he picks us apart wiht no blitz and sit in the pocket all day like Warner did last game.

PS. To hell with the prevent defenses in the second half. It's preventing us from winning. Just got by on Sunday.

We must force the underneath completion and then MAKE SOLID TACKLES. Play the field position game and wear them down.

The thing is, I don't see the Pats wearing down on offense. They can move the ball down the field basically at will. They're defense is on the bench a lot. I think wearing the NE offense down is tough because they do have so many threats.

We must force the underneath completion and then MAKE SOLID TACKLES. Play the field position game and wear them down.

The thing is, I don't see the Pats wearing down on offense. They can move the ball down the field basically at will. They're defense is on the bench a lot. I think wearing the NE offense down is tough because they do have so many threats.

yeah, he threw both of those into blatant double coverage. you gotta wonder if brady is just getting to the point where he thinks moss will come down with anything so hes just heaving it up there. too bad moss has gone up against 1 legit corner and was basically shut down by him in cleveland. seriously, has moss seen a legit NFL corner yet? torching all of the 28th and above ranked defenses, and the cowboys who cant cover anybody doesnt impress me as much as some i guess.

Have they seen a legit defense yet?

yeah, he threw both of those into blatant double coverage. you gotta wonder if brady is just getting to the point where he thinks moss will come down with anything so hes just heaving it up there. too bad moss has gone up against 1 legit corner and was basically shut down by him in cleveland. seriously, has moss seen a legit NFL corner yet? torching all of the 28th and above ranked defenses, and the cowboys who cant cover anybody doesnt impress me as much as some i guess.

I think that we will do some blitzing (more than we have the past few weeks), but I don't think that we blitz all that much. I think that we will try to play cloud coverage, and force everything underneith to our LB's.

However, we do need to find some way of getting pressure in Brady's face other wise it will be a real long day.

I think that we will do some blitzing (more than we have the past few weeks), but I don't think that we blitz all that much. I think that we will try to play cloud coverage, and force everything underneith to our LB's.

However, we do need to find some way of getting pressure in Brady's face other wise it will be a real long day.

we drafted this guy to be the in the box saftey, and one of his strongest points is blitzing. before the season started, all of us expected him to be a blitzing machine, and we havent seen him blitz a lot. its pretty much safe to say that our front 4 arent going to be getting a good amoutn of pressure on the pats extremely good oline this weekend, and if washington isnt back, we are gonna need to pressure brady somehow.

i really hope landry is used to blitz this weekend, and blitz a lot. ive seen brady get rattled before when guys are in his face, and i think the only way we utilize our secondaries talent is to force brady to make mistakes. landry is a complete beast and i really hope we see him trying to get in bradys face all day, because if not, were just gonna be another pats victim.

anyone else think we might let landry loose this weekend? or will williams just go with the 4 man rush/7 in coverage?

LaRon Landry can also cover well. He can blitz well, but when facing a great QB like Brady, blitzing might not be the best option. The WRs from New England are very good and without safety help from the strong side, Brady may exploit that and complete the pass anyway. The only way we'll sack Brady is if Smoot, Springs, and Rogers jam the WRs while the SS slips in and nails Brady. With Kitna, McNabb, Warner, Manning, and Farve, we didn't have to do this. But with Brady Greg Williams might rely on the safety blitz.

we drafted this guy to be the in the box saftey, and one of his strongest points is blitzing. before the season started, all of us expected him to be a blitzing machine, and we havent seen him blitz a lot. its pretty much safe to say that our front 4 arent going to be getting a good amoutn of pressure on the pats extremely good oline this weekend, and if washington isnt back, we are gonna need to pressure brady somehow.

i really hope landry is used to blitz this weekend, and blitz a lot. ive seen brady get rattled before when guys are in his face, and i think the only way we utilize our secondaries talent is to force brady to make mistakes. landry is a complete beast and i really hope we see him trying to get in bradys face all day, because if not, were just gonna be another pats victim.

anyone else think we might let landry loose this weekend? or will williams just go with the 4 man rush/7 in coverage?

LaRon Landry can also cover well. He can blitz well, but when facing a great QB like Brady, blitzing might not be the best option. The WRs from New England are very good and without safety help from the strong side, Brady may exploit that and complete the pass anyway. The only way we'll sack Brady is if Smoot, Springs, and Rogers jam the WRs while the SS slips in and nails Brady. With Kitna, McNabb, Warner, Manning, and Farve, we didn't have to do this. But with Brady Greg Williams might rely on the safety blitz.

I have a feeling that Gibbs and Co are going to try to hold the ball as long as possible and keep NE off the field. Which is a great plan but we cant run the ball. So i hope we use short 7-15 yard passes to move the chains.

The reason i say that is because our O effects our D and what they do.

We have yet to blitz this season so hopefully the pats wont have any tape to study if we do. Last year every blitz was picked up. This year our front 4 has been better (great in the run game), but has been inconsistant agaisnt the pass. I mean yes, AC is playing well and getting his numbers, but plays with consecutive pressure were very rare agaisnt the Cards, there were some plays where warner had all day.

Brady cannot have all day or we lose, if we blitz and dont get there, Brady will burn us, ST vs Moss will be nice to watch but dont sleep on Wes and Donte, they are gonna eat us alive. I honeslty dont know what to do, sit back and get picked apart or blitz and risk the deep ball. I say, blitz the backers, or bliltz landry but have PP in the game.

I have a feeling that Gibbs and Co are going to try to hold the ball as long as possible and keep NE off the field. Which is a great plan but we cant run the ball. So i hope we use short 7-15 yard passes to move the chains.

The reason i say that is because our O effects our D and what they do.

We have yet to blitz this season so hopefully the pats wont have any tape to study if we do. Last year every blitz was picked up. This year our front 4 has been better (great in the run game), but has been inconsistant agaisnt the pass. I mean yes, AC is playing well and getting his numbers, but plays with consecutive pressure were very rare agaisnt the Cards, there were some plays where warner had all day.

Brady cannot have all day or we lose, if we blitz and dont get there, Brady will burn us, ST vs Moss will be nice to watch but dont sleep on Wes and Donte, they are gonna eat us alive. I honeslty dont know what to do, sit back and get picked apart or blitz and risk the deep ball. I say, blitz the backers, or bliltz landry but have PP in the game.

the cowboys have a very good defense, but they are all built on pressure, which they didnt get a ton of on brady, and brady was able to pick apart their poor coverage secondary. we can cover like crazy but have weak rushing skills, so its the opposite. i just dont wanna see brady standing in the pocket just surveying the field until someone gets open, hes good enough to kill us like that.

the cowboys have a very good defense, but they are all built on pressure, which they didnt get a ton of on brady, and brady was able to pick apart their poor coverage secondary. we can cover like crazy but have weak rushing skills, so its the opposite. i just dont wanna see brady standing in the pocket just surveying the field until someone gets open, hes good enough to kill us like that.

I would like to see a couple Landry blitzes used, but I think it also might be key to continue rotating our pass rushers out like crazy to try and keep them as fresh as possible. If our front 4 can bring it every snap (and they can rotate with the reserves to stay fresh) and we can get some additional pressure from a safety or linebacker blitz every now and then, we should have a chance to tire out the Pats' line and start to force some throws.

It's really going to be fun to watch ST go up against Randy Moss. Two atheletes who are arguably the best at their position going head to head. I don't see moss winning too many jump balls against Taylor - or going across the middle when Taylor lowers his pads to make a hit. I wouldn't be suprised if ST plays man on RM for a good portion of the game at first. But we'll need him in zone coverage deep also.

Either way, I think the game is going to be a lot closer than anyone in the media and many on this board think. From they doomsayers on here, you would think the Redskins have a worse record than Miami right now.

As long as the coaches and players put up a decent fight and don't roll over from the outset, I'll be pleased. Even if we do end up losing, we can go a long way to showing the rest of the league what kind of team we are by how we play on Sunday.

But here's to a win and an upset that gives the team our identity!:cheers:

Hail!

I would like to see a couple Landry blitzes used, but I think it also might be key to continue rotating our pass rushers out like crazy to try and keep them as fresh as possible. If our front 4 can bring it every snap (and they can rotate with the reserves to stay fresh) and we can get some additional pressure from a safety or linebacker blitz every now and then, we should have a chance to tire out the Pats' line and start to force some throws.

It's really going to be fun to watch ST go up against Randy Moss. Two atheletes who are arguably the best at their position going head to head. I don't see moss winning too many jump balls against Taylor - or going across the middle when Taylor lowers his pads to make a hit. I wouldn't be suprised if ST plays man on RM for a good portion of the game at first. But we'll need him in zone coverage deep also.

Either way, I think the game is going to be a lot closer than anyone in the media and many on this board think. From they doomsayers on here, you would think the Redskins have a worse record than Miami right now.

As long as the coaches and players put up a decent fight and don't roll over from the outset, I'll be pleased. Even if we do end up losing, we can go a long way to showing the rest of the league what kind of team we are by how we play on Sunday.

But here's to a win and an upset that gives the team our identity!:cheers:

Hail!

Archived