Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The song this board currently resembles most...

SlobberknockerSkinsFan

Gee lets all sit back and think about this for a minute... 4-2 record / #4 defense / Right side of the O-Line decimated / S.T. leading the NFL in INT.'s / Held teams to 5 passing T.D.'s after 6 playing weeks / Stopped the #1 offenses at the current time /

But yet, all I hear around here especially from the "newer" members is an old Hee-Haw song. Maybe us "old heads" remember.....

"Gloom, despair, and agony on me!

(*woe*) :violin:

Deep dark depression, excessive misery.

If it weren't for bad luck, I'd have no luck at all.

Gloom, despair, and agony on me!"

Geez people, lets look for once at the good things that have happened. How do people expect us to really run the ball or protect Jason with the O-Line problems we had? We know this offense can be a well oiled machine, hell we've seen it already this year... Once we get back some semblance of a decent line, then we can return to what we saw in the first part of the season. But I guess there's no way to quiet down the "Oh woe is me" crowd...

:2cents:

Ah, the obligatory optimists vs. pessimists thread. This baby is going places.

Here's a thought, and I know it's a crazy one, but: maybe instead of worrying so much about what other people think and feel, we can actually do something productive with our lives. (What, headexplode, are you insane, these pointless debates are the only things that give depth and meaning to our lives--I mean, would you rather us talk about our cats and the great deal we got on cabinet knobs at Home Depot over the weekend?)

I know, I know--it's intolerable that there are other people in the world, and that they might think differently, or react to situations differently, I understand this. But hey, as you say, we're 4-2, so who gives a **** what anyone else has to say?

BR549

Agree 100%.

We have a lot more to be thankful about than most around here realize. This time last year we had no defense and QB was still a big question.

It's a growth process.

But you know that people just have to have it NOW!!!! Why should we have to wait?, according to them. But if they would look back and see the difference in this team since the Norval days, you would think they would be pleased.

I could understand if we were 2-4, but c'mon people.....

"Faith" - should be the song, not "Gloom, Despair and Agony"

Such is life on the Extremeskins message boards. There will always be people who are over-confident and people who have no faith at all. Just as there will always be people who see the glass half full while others see it half empty. It can be frustrating. I know I've been frustrated by this before, but it will never change so long as we are truly human.

I hate coming on the boards before tuesday after a game. All you see is the pessimist n00bs starting threads about how we should trade moss and portis. Some of you guys needs to settle down. After tuesday everything seems to settle down and the fairweathers leave the boards til the following sunday. Its pretty much clockwork.

I hate coming on the boards before tuesday after a game. All you see is the pessimist n00bs starting threads about how we should trade moss and portis. Some of you guys needs to settle down. After tuesday everything seems to settle down and the fairweathers leave the boards til the following sunday. Its pretty much clockwork.

So true...I completely avoid the board on sunday - it just gives me a headache. The only reason I was on here today was to look at the click for cans thread and in the madden section.

of course, then I realized that no matter how annoying a lot of these posts/threads are, they're still better than doing work

"The truth hurts"

There's reason to be both optimistic and pessimistic after that game we played yesterday. Your opinion weighs no more than anyone else's on this board.

On a side note; you mention the fact that ST is leading the league in INT's. To me, individual stats are nothing to get optimistic over. All I care about are W's. That's great that he's going to the Pro-bowl, but if we don't make the playoffs, it means very little to me.

The eastern world, it is exploding

Violence flarin’, bullets loadin’

You’re old enough to kill, but not for votin’

You don’t believe in war, but what’s that gun you’re totin’

And even the Jordan River has bodies floatin’

But you tell me

Over and over and over again, my friend

Ah, you don’t believe

We’re on the eve

of destruction.

Don’t you understand what I’m tryin’ to say

Can’t you feel the fears I’m feelin’ today?

If the button is pushed, there’s no runnin’ away

There’ll be no one to save, with the world in a grave

[Take a look around ya boy, it's bound to scare ya boy]

And you tell me

Ah, you don’t believe

We’re on the eve

of destruction.

Yeah, my blood’s so mad feels like coagulatin’

I’m sitting here just contemplatin’

I can’t twist the truth, it knows no regulation.

Handful of senators don’t pass legislation

And marches alone can’t bring integration

When human respect is disintegratin’

This whole crazy world is just too frustratin’

And you tell me

Ah, you don’t believe

We’re on the eve

of destruction.

Think of all the hate there is in Red China

Then take a look around to Selma, Alabama

You may leave here for 4 days in space

But when you return, it’s the same old place

The poundin’ of the drums, the pride and disgrace

You can bury your dead, but don’t leave a trace

Hate your next-door neighbor, but don’t forget to say grace

And… tell me over and over and over and over again, my friend

You don’t believe

We’re on the eve

Of destruction

Mm, no no, you don’t believe

We’re on the eve

of destruction.

Great Post....I totally agree. Winning ugly is a good thing. In seasons past, we would have lost this game. Our D is playing great, our O-Line is super banged up, and our QB is young. WE WON! We should be happy.

You are absolutely right... I AM happy... But everyone seems to forget that a win is a win... So I digress!

Archived