Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Trade Arrington for the Bengals number one pick!

Don't think this can't happen.

What is Lavar Arrington to you?

To me he is a hard hitting linebacker that is one of my favorite players.

What is he to the Redskins team?

Certainly not a locker room leader, one that gets stupid penalties. One of the first to question coaches.

What is he to Dan Snyder?

Arrington is a beast of a linebacker, no doubt, but to Snyder this guy is costing him more money than he is making. Lavar Arrington has not signed the NFLPA contract and has made Snyder nothing. His contract as it sits right now, is preventing our team from making any offseason strides.

The guy has made two pro bowls in a row, his value has never been greater.

Marvin Lewis has the number one pick, could you see this happen?

no. It would be a horrible trade. A probowl player not yet even in his prime for an unknown quantity. LA can be a game changer. As for NFLPA, I believe he did sign the contract eventually. His money is high, but he is a leader and the heart of the Redskins. He's a great role model for efforts. I do wish he would cut down some of the dumb penalties, though the late hits almost have entirely disappeared this last season.

Cincy trades us their number one pick, there number three pick and Chad Johnson?

Would you do that?

If you think we can keep Champ, Arrington, Trotter and Samuels, your wrong.

We have to many good players that at one time are going to want to get payed the most at their position.

We all expect or hope that Ramsey is going to be a superstar, he will want more money.

Everywhere you look, we have prime position players, it makes sense for Snyder to trade Arrington

He is making him no money and right now cost more than any other player.

The guy is a linebacker that in three years is going to want to be paid as much as Randy Moss.

I say trade him now

The guy has made two pro bowls in a row, his value has never been greater.

Marvin Lewis has the number one pick, could you see this happen?

:shootinth

:doh:

You're kidding, right?

If we trade him for the #1 pick overall, what we'd really be doing is

-- agreeing to move one slot up in the draft -- Lavar was #2 overall in 2000 -- three years later . . .

-- getting an unproven kid who could bust for all we know . . .

-- losing someone who's proven -- a la two starting Pro-Bowl invites -- and arguably the best young LB in the game . . .

-- taking a cap hit for his remaining unamortized signing bonus money . . .

-- and getting whacked with another huge cap hit for signing the first overall choice in the draft . . .

Originally posted by Smoot21

Cincy trades us their number one pick, there number three pick and Chad Johnson?

Would you do that?

If you think we can keep Champ, Arrington, Trotter and Samuels, your wrong.

We have to many good players that at one time are going to want to get payed the most at their position.

We all expect or hope that Ramsey is going to be a superstar, he will want more money.

Everywhere you look, we have prime position players, it makes sense for Snyder to trade Arrington

The guy is a linebacker that in three years is going to want to be paid as much as Randy Moss.

I say trade him now

i agree we can't keep everyone, but when the time comes for someone to go -- Trotter can start packing

and trading LaVar would hurt us more than help -- i don't know what his cap figure breaks down to, but i'm sure we'd take a huge hit from it

i hate replying after people because it looks like i'm just re-typing what they said, but i agree with all these points:

-- getting an unproven kid who could bust for all we know . . .

-- losing someone who's proven -- a la two starting Pro-Bowl invites -- and arguably the best young LB in the game . . .

-- taking a cap hit for his remaining unamortized signing bonus money . . .

-- and getting whacked with another huge cap hit for signing the first overall choice in the draft . . .

Who do you want to lose?

Lavar?

Champ?

Samuels?

Ramsey?

We are losing Davis this years due to the same scenarios.

Now before you come back with an emoticon tirade, think about what I posted and do some simple math on some scrap paper on your desk.

We can't keep all our stud players.

In three years we will have to make some cuts or trades, why don't we just get it over with now and trade Lavar for something of worth.

We have put ourselves in a postion with Davis where we can't trade him, now we have to cut him, knowing damn well that this guy is the best out there at what he does.

I say trade him now

90,000 on the waiting list and he is making us no money???? Each team gets the same cut off of merchandise sales, so basically he is not helping out any team in that category. And no, I don't think he signed. NFLShop.com will NOT produce his merchandise. Good post to get everyone riled though.

Smoot21,

We are getting rid of Davis because of his style. Not because of money. If we really needed him, I'm sure they would redo his contract. But now that we have two capable backs (Betts, Watson) who can run, and CATCH well, there is no need for Davis to be here. Now on to the subject of losing a star player.. Well I can almost guarantee you it wouldn't be Lavar Arrington. I'm not sure why you are so intent on him having go but, I'm pretty sure it would be someone else.

Late.

Who do you want to lose?

Lavar?

Champ?

Samuels?

Ramsey?

It it comes down to this list, Trotter will be gone, especially with that injury. Hell, if he doesn't return back to his original form, we should restructure him or cut him.

I've always believed you build a defense with the DL and CBs first and foremost.

That said, we made a major investment in Arrington and at 24 he is just starting to ascend to his place in the NFL.

Why should we trade him now when we have done all the work of bringing him along?

Just so he can go be someone else's Junior Seau or Derrick Brooks cornerstone for the next 5-7 years? No thanks :)

There isn't any one defensive player in this draft that I would trade to get the #1 pick for. And if there is a player that is going to be THAT good in the NFL, I haven't heard about him yet :)

Carson Palmer or Charlie Rogers? If we already didn't make a multi-year investment in Patrick Ramsey and use a #1 pick on him than looking for a qb would make more sense and Palmer could be an option in that regard.

Virtually every receiver we see taken in round 1 takes 2-3 years to hit full stride in the NFL. Drafting Rogers is no guarantee we are set at WR for the 2003 season.

The only way to solidify the WR spot and ensure that we will go into minicamps with a better unit is if we sign a veteran who has proven he is already a producer.

Yes, we can anticipate improvement from Gardner and Co., but when that comes and to what extent is as much an unknown as another draft pick at WR and his timeline.

The Eagles are STILL waiting for Freddie Mitchell to become an NFL contributor after spending a #1 choice on him a couple of years ago.

We are getting rid of Davis because of his style. Not because of money. If we really needed him, I'm sure they would redo his contract. But now that we have two capable backs (Betts, Watson) who can run, and CATCH well, there is no need for Davis to be here. Now on to the subject of losing a star player.. Well I can almost guarantee you it wouldn't be Lavar Arrington. I'm not sure why you are so intent on him having go but, I'm pretty sure it would be someone else.

Getting rid of Davis because of his style?

Bull****.

His style is this.

He was the leading rusher in the NFC twice in the four years he started here.

His style is yards and touchdowns while he pounds the opponets defensive line.

His style is Pro Bowl

He is a homegrown player as well.

Lavar will end up costing us the same and we will cut him and get nothing.

Or Lavar will stay until his contract is up and leave becasue he is playing for his 4th D-coordinator.

Champ is playing for his fifth by the way.

You want Champ to go to Dallas?

I have alluded to this a few time shere. An inside soruce tell us this has been kicked around. Some sday it is crazy, some say it makes no sense, but folks,there has been talk in our front offic ein regards to this. Whether or not it come to fruition is a different story and uit may not be even considered at this point, thjat i do not know, but it has been discussed.

Originally posted by THiTo11

i agree we can't keep everyone, but when the time comes for someone to go -- Trotter can start packing

Trotter should've never been signed. Kevin Mitchell has too much talent to be sitting on the bench. That deal will come back to haunt us. :shootinth

I can't believe I'm wasting my time replying to this, but in the light that there's nothing else to do, here goes.

Please explain the logic of releasing a player because he makes 1st round money and signing another player who will make 1st round money.

Please explain why on Earth you'd trade a player who has actually lived up to the hype of a #2 pick overall while going to 2 straight probowls and sign a player who hasn't played one snap in the NFL?

Please explain how Arrington hasn't made serious $ for Snyder by filling seats at FedEx?

Your suggestion is rediculous, but was worth a giggle on an idle Wednesday afternoon. Thanks, but I'll keep the probowler.

Originally posted by PennSkinsFan

I have alluded to this a few time shere. An inside soruce tell us this has been kicked around. Some sday it is crazy, some say it makes no sense, but folks,there has been talk in our front offic ein regards to this. Whether or not it come to fruition is a different story and uit may not be even considered at this point, thjat i do not know, but it has been discussed.

After just eating taco bell for lunch, I'm about to release an inside source that's worth more than this thread.

Losing a Champ, Lavar or Samuels is one of the reasons that I really didn't like signing Jansen to the amount of money we did. I just can't see how we can keep everyone and add to it and keep that all under the cap.

I can't believe I'm wasting my time replying to this, but in the light that there's nothing else to do, here goes.

You have 419 posts, so you must be wasting your time at some point in your life on this message board

Please explain the logic of releasing a player because he makes 1st round money and signing another player who will make 1st round money.

If you read the titile of my thread it clearly states in the first word TRADE, not releasing. What thread are you looking at? So to explain something I didnt say, would be pointless

Please explain why on Earth you'd trade a player who has actually lived up to the hype of a #2 pick overall while going to 2 straight probowls and sign a player who hasn't played one snap in the NFL?

Hindsight is 20/20. Maybe we get a better player than him.

Please explain how Arrington hasn't made serious $ for Snyder by filling seats at FedEx?

If we had Arrington or not, there are currently over 90,000 peopel in line for season tickets to the Washington Redskin, but you already knew that.

Your suggestion is rediculous, but was worth a giggle on an idle Wednesday afternoon. Thanks, but I'll keep the probowler.

I didnt know it was up to you if we kept Arrington or not. I must have overlooked your GM status on your Extremskins profile.

You don't think this has been discussed? It sounds like you know everything about the Redskins.

Maybe you should have your own website where you can tell the entire Redskin community what your theorys are about the Redskins because as you have shown here, you are the Redskin insider and your Redskin knowledge can not be matched.

Have a nice day douchebag

Archived