Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Skins Sign Two, Release Lefotu

Ax

Lefotu couldn't even live up to potential as a 7th round pick from 2006.

We've certainly invested enough time in this guy -- and I hope we don't see him anymore.

Finally, when we really needed an O-lineman, he gets arrested. What has that other problem with him in the 2006 season-- seizures?

Any chance some of our D-Lineman can play offense? We always had 2-way starters in high school. I wonder how many colleges have players that play both.

Lorenzo Alexander is our emergancey offensive lineman. He's normally a defensive player.

to tell the truth I had more confidence in Lorenzo Alexander moving back to OT from DT than depending upon Lefotu to take reps on the OL for this team :)

I remember when he was drafted that even he remarked on how surprised HE was at being selected.

Trust me, based on his bio, a lot of us were surprised as well :laugh:

http://chiefs.scout.com/2/254984.html

Chiefs Finish Draft with Tackle Kevin Sampson

By Nick Athan

Publisher

Posted Apr 25, 2004

With there seventh and final pick in the 2004 draft, Kansas City selected mammoth Syracuse tackle Kevin Sampson.

You would think with the addition of Chris Bober through free agency and the trade that sent Philadelphia Guard John Welbourn to Kansas City, the Chiefs might have selected another area of need.

From first glance you were think the Chiefs were done taking offensive linemen in the draft but with an aging line; Kansas City added an able tackle in Kevin Sampson. The Chiefs are always looking for battle tested offensive linemen who know how to win in the trenches. Well they found that in Sampson who is also a highly rated wrestler.

Sampson has a huge wing span, quick feet and very agile for a big man. He ran a 4.9, which for an offensive lineman is pretty outstanding. Sampson is also very intelligent and was a four time honor roll student.

In college Sampson was a right tackle but he has the skill to move to right tackle and he could end up being the heir apparent to Willie Roaf

Don't be shocked if Rabach, and Wade go Sunday. I totally expect them too. Casey supposedly has told people he thinks he is going to be able to play, and Todd who said hes still "sore" but said he felt better than when the injury first occured. My biggest concern is how long its going to take them to tweak those injuries again, and than we have some real problems.

Don't understand what happened with Lefotu. After being cut the first time, he was a big Skins fan in AZ, then went to Europa, then back to the PS. You would think that his priorities would be in a different place after working so hard to get back with the team. I wonder if it was just one of those stupid things that goes the wrong way, after a few drinks. Hope he pulls it together and turns things around next year.

Archived