Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

A NECESSITY for Any New Redskins Stadium

ThePreciating

What do you think of the new site?  

63 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think of the new site?

• Amazing
    • Cool
    • Could be better
    • A letdown

This poll is closed to new votes

i was not going down that route. if the word 'reservation" is a word that invokes "hate speech," then i'm pleading ignorance on that. sure i understand that the government's actions of forcing native americans onto reservations was a messed up concept, but i didn't realize that the word itself is hate filled.

i mean, we are the washington redskins and it seems to me that encorporating some native american aspects would actually be more embracing than hate filled

Well, it is about perception....

For more years than I can remember Native Americans have protested the name of our beloved team. Every year the lobby is super strong here in WASH.

I'll put it to ya this way... What if the name of our team was Bl*** Skins... and someone suggested that we fill the stadium with things of very inappropriate nature.

See the news lately? How about what has happened down south of late? There is nothing wrong with joking around, but when it crosses the line it is inappropriate....and you know it.

This is a public forum... not a comedy club. Some things folks just don't have a sense of humor about..... and if they do.... they are pathetic human beings.

~Laters

:mad:

Oh boy -Where to start....

At RFK, there were Bleachers - But those were NOT what rocked! The stadium lower bowl rocked! It was a accident, it was the settling of the stadium.

Example -RFK for National games have no bleachers, but in 2005, the bottom stands down the 1st base line would routinly bounce.

The bleachers themselves (Which were locaed in the ends zone, and as some add on seats in places, did not bounce.

In addition - It was not like every game they rocked. The "We Want Dallas" Chant was when it happened (The Viking's vs Redskins Playoff Game in 82. The week BEFORE we actually played Dallas). If anyone knows of a time before that the stadium rocked, let me know.

The endzone where the band played were bleachers. Technically you are right about the area behind the visitors bench at RFK. They aren't bleachers, but they are temporary seating on a track made to fold up (like the Minnesota Metrodome) for Baseball or Soccer. The seats themselves were not benches or bleachers, but they were bouncy because they were not permanently attached to the ground or cemented in like the rest of the stadium. And all structures are made to move some or they'd come crumbling down.

^^ see above

Get a life man. Is that the only thing that you have to contribute to this site? That line has been played out ad naseum. Get over it. Don't like the name, don't root for the team. We don't want nor need you as a fan. The issue has been brought up many times by many native americans and they just don't have a leg to stand on. Comparing them to black people or asian people is even more stupid. Give it a rest.

Get a life man. Is that the only thing that you have to contribute to this site? That line has been played out ad naseum. Get over it. Don't like the name, don't root for the team. We don't want nor need you as a fan. The issue has been brought up many times by many native americans and they just don't have a leg to stand on. Comparing them to black people or asian people is even more stupid. Give it a rest.

I see they are still inbreeding down there in SC.

I bleed burgundy and gold!!

:dallasuck :eaglesuck :gaintsuck

What a new stadium needs.......

3. Less White Collar.....More Blue Collar: More general admission seating for Redskins fans, less corporate seating; less selling to fans who come for the humidor and restaurants, more selling to people who actually want to watch the Redskins play.

just a few suggestions :cheers:

This should be number 1, 2 and 3. More real fans need access.

First of all, I was born in DC and raised in Maryland. My job took me to the Charlotte area. If inbreeding is all you have, it's weak. And Virginia is part of the south, so the inbreeding could go both ways.

Doesn't sound like you bleed anything but hatred. I've seen where you were going to leave and you're still in here taking up valuable oxygen.

Come back when you aren't on your moral high horse and acting like a self rightous ass! And if you were a real fan, then you would know about the history of the team name and emblem and it's origins.

Well, it is about perception....

For more years than I can remember Native Americans have protested the name of our beloved team. Every year the lobby is super strong here in WASH.

I'll put it to ya this way... What if the name of our team was Bl*** Skins... and someone suggested that we fill the stadium with things of very inappropriate nature.

See the news lately? How about what has happened down south of late? There is nothing wrong with joking around, but when it crosses the line it is inappropriate....and you know it.

This is a public forum... not a comedy club. Some things folks just don't have a sense of humor about..... and if they do.... they are pathetic human beings.

~Laters

:mad:

i disagree with this, and there are a plethoria of threads on the name of the redskins. but incorporating an aspect of native american culture to the team might actually speak well of the organization.

also, i'm from d.c. so i'm well aware of the lobbying going on down there every year. i'm only in pa for school right now.

if you are native american and take offense to it, then i'm sorry; however, i don't feel that your opinions of my statements as being comedy club worthy are deserving of any further response. you opinion has been heard, but your attempt at advocating on behalf of public interest that you do not share do not hold much weight with me if you are going to insult me at the same time as trying to advocate on behalf of native americans by likening the situation to african americans

... if the word 'reservation" is a word that invokes "hate speech," then i'm pleading ignorance on that. ...

Me too.

(the following is not an attack at nace14, I'm just using that post as a springboard)

I can understand the "peace pipe" comments being a bit risky, but not "reservation". For one thing, it's a word we use everyday. Ever made a reservation for an airline seat or at a restaurant? The very seat that 90,000+ fans use at FedEx is a reservation, but we call it a ticket.

Back to the topic. I wouldn't at all be opposed to some sort of upper lip that RFK has in order to keep some sound in the stadium. It could also provide a little bit of shade and raincover to those lucky folks in the back rows.

you obviously didnt read the whole part of where he was from before you just babbled along. it says born in DC.

guess your sister/mother didnt teach you to reed gud huh Jethro..

1. Design by somebody who has a clue about acoustics and how to funnel sound. I want my stadium to sound like 90,000 people are actually there!!!!!

2. Less commercial.....More Redskins. A stadium in B&G and not FedEx colors would be kind of nice

3. Less White Collar.....More Blue Collar: More general admission seating for Redskins fans, less corporate seating; less selling to fans who come for the humidor and restaurants, more selling to people who actually want to watch the Redskins play.

4. Real Jumbotrons with more Instant replays- no more light brights please :)

Yep, especially #3. The NFL is a business and I think sizable amounts of club and suite levels are here to stay. However, if you want to blame the perceived lack of enthusiasm at FedEx, blame the folks who give away their seats to people who can't seem to make it to the game on time and whose priority once at the stadium is to stuff their faces instead of watching the game.

Future Headline:

Peace Pipes will be given out to fans at all Redskins home games for the upcoming season. In unrelated news, Ricky Williams and Michael Vick have signed with the Washington Redskins.

And Travis Henry...

and the entire NBA would try out hoping to be the next Antonio Gates..

****...wed be loaded...

Peace pipes it is!

im not made of money and ive sat in the bleachers at rfk over 30 times. in no way in hell as much as skins tickets cost would i ever want to sit on a bleacher again in my life, to see a skins game. yeah its nice and traditional and all, but hell no. what they need to do is put a damn replay screen up, figure out how to build a stadium with no bad seats and 200,000 capasity so people like me who have been on the wait list since 01 and are still 178,000th down the line can get a ticket. bleachers..lol......how bout cushions.

1. Design by somebody who has a clue about acoustics and how to funnel sound. I want my stadium to sound like 90,000 people are actually there!!!!!

2. Less commercial.....More Redskins. A stadium in B&G and not FedEx colors would be kind of nice

4. Real Jumbotrons with more Instant replays- no more light brights please :)

Yep, weva this guy wants to do is FINE by me.

Oh boy -Where to start....

At RFK, there were Bleachers - But those were NOT what rocked! The stadium lower bowl rocked! It was a accident, it was the settling of the stadium.

Example -RFK for National games have no bleachers, but in 2005, the bottom stands down the 1st base line would routinly bounce.

The bleachers themselves (Which were locaed in the ends zone, and as some add on seats in places, did not bounce.

In addition - It was not like every game they rocked. The "We Want Dallas" Chant was when it happened (The Viking's vs Redskins Playoff Game in 82. The week BEFORE we actually played Dallas). If anyone knows of a time before that the stadium rocked, let me know.

No. The bouncing seats bounce because they aren't fixed, they move. Whenever they put those movable seats in, is when it happened. They still bounce, every DC United game. It has nothing to do with settling.

Dan, let this thread serve as proof positive that we want our bleachers back.

The way the stands would bounce up at down at RFK was probably the coolest thing about being in the stands at a Skins game.

Dan, I know you want top of the line everything, but us Skins fans want our BLEACHERS and our BOUNCE!

I've seen videos of the way the stands used to bounce at RFK, and I didn't know much about the Skins back then. It'd be nice to bring them back so I, along with other young Skins fans, will be able to experience it.

Archived