Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Daydreaming A Super Bowl

Potato Sack

I've been sitting here reading the articles and watching the great historic clips like Riggo running it in for the TD against the Fins. And for a brief moment I caught myself with my hands behind my head, staring up at the ceiling, daydreaming about a last minute game-winning pass from JC to Moss in the endzone with .03 on the clock in the NFC championship game against the Cowboys. I imagine Joe Gibbs on his knees and a look of exhaustion and excitement on his face when that play ends.

I can't quit thinking about what that would feel like. I imagine that my wife and sons will be surrounding me when my jaw hits the floor and the waterworks begin. Seriously, I don't know if I'll be able to hold back crying. It's been such a long time. I'll probably run outside and just yell, "The REDSKINS ARE GOING TO THE SUPERBOWL!!"

I know, I know, one game at a time. But, I started this thread to ask you guys if we were in the NFC championship game this year, what would you daydream the last play to be to get us in the SB? Moreover, what would you be feeling and what would your reaction be?

But, I started this thread to ask you guys if we were in the NFC championship game this year, what would you daydream the last play to be to get us in the SB? Moreover, what would you be feeling and what would your reaction be?

Campbell 40 yard pass to Brandon Lloyd. I'd go crazy and be very suprised.

kneel down...they are beautiful...a kneel down that puts you in the Super Bowl, however, is a play I would probably miss.

Id be too busy running around my house, running down the street screaming and yelling and getting arrested for being obliterated and wearing nothing but burgundy and gold and a smile.

But, I started this thread to ask you guys if we were in the NFC championship game this year, what would you daydream the last play to be to get us in the SB? Moreover, what would you be feeling and what would your reaction be?[/quote

Skins vs Cowboys at Fed EX, scored tied 24-24, fourth quarter, Boys have the ball with 1:30 left on the clock driving down the field, Sean Taylor picks off Romo sits to pee and sprints down the sideline for 72 yards sealing the victory for us. My life would be complete if that happened.

I'm just saying, yeah, we have a chance to beat anyone in the NFC but it seems to me that the NFC now is the AFC of the 80's/90's. I would hate to see the Skins go in to a Super Bowl and not be anywhere near as talented/experienced as say New England or Indy and get blown out.

But as you say....anything can happen...we may improve beyond the capablilities of both New England and Indy by years end.

There's no honor in bragging about beating the second tier, if we really want to see Coach Gibbs holding up another Lombardi it is going to have to come at the expense of NE, or Indy, or the Steelers, etc.

Very few expected us to beat Denver or Buffalo and it made it all the sweeter when we did.

I would like to see Mike Sellers break off a 22 yard run whilst carrying DeMarcus Ware and some other poke on his back. Failing that a Sean Taylor interception return ought to be right on the money with a sprinkling of TO flattening on his way to the endzone would be good.

Archived