Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Anyone have opinions about the Chrysler Crossfire?

DeanCollins

Looking at convertibles, the wife's seibring is getting old. I've seen the crossfires around but haven't driven one yet. There are a few '05 SRT-6

supercharged units (left over) at dealerships with low miles. probably demo units and it looks they they're taking a pretty big hit in depreciation. From what I've read it's a mercedes drive train from the 320?.

They never really hit it off here too well. They were German built with pretty much parts from the Mercedes-Benz bin. I liked them. Unfortunately I like a lot of cars that aren't that popular. With the 300 and this car, I thought Chrysler was getting on the right track as far as cars go. That doesn't seem to be the case.

Dean I think the Crossfires are a good looking car and they perform well, however there are issues with reliability. Also, a lot of people complain about ergonomics with them.

But if you like it and you're not too concerned about reliability, go for it. :)

If it were me I'd look at the 350Z in that price range if you're interested in a convertible.

You can also find great deals on used Boxsters. The Boxster is one of the best sports cars you can buy for the money, and from what I hear the used ones are being sold at wholesale for half of new.

Dean I think the Crossfires are a good looking car and they perform well, however there are issues with reliability. Also, a lot of people complain about ergonomics with them.

But if you like it and you're not too concerned about reliability, go for it. :)

If it were me I'd look at the 350Z in that price range if you're interested in a convertible.

You can also find great deals on used Boxsters. The Boxster is one of the best sports cars you can buy for the money, and from what I hear the used ones are being sold at wholesale for half of new.

Funny you mention this. These are the 2 cars we looked at for my wife. The Cossfire just seemed kind of cheaply built compared to the 350Z. The interior had a plasticy feel to it. To me the Z also felt roomier inside than the Crossfire. We ended up purchasing the Z even though we could have gotten a better deal on the Crossfire.

Just an note, we were comparing the convertible versions of the car.

Funny you mention this. These are the 2 cars we looked at for my wife. The Cossfire just seemed kind of cheaply built compared to the 350Z. The interior had a plasticy feel to it. To me the Z also felt roomier inside than the Crossfire. We ended up purchasing the Z even though we could have gotten a better deal on the Crossfire.

Just an note, we were comparing the convertible versions of the car.

The Z is a nice car, there's just too many of them on the road. If I was going to look in the boxster's price range, I might look at the XK8 convertible. I guess I'll have to look at some epions from other owners of the Crossfire. The Pontiac coupe looks pretty cool but I don't know anything about it either. Too bad they didn't make a GTO convert or I'd be all over it.

The Z is a nice car, there's just too many of them on the road. If I was going to look in the boxster's price range, I might look at the XK8 convertible. I guess I'll have to look at some epions from other owners of the Crossfire. The Pontiac coupe looks pretty cool but I don't know anything about it either. Too bad they didn't make a GTO convert or I'd be all over it.

If your referring to the Solstice, while a nice looking car the mechanicals on it are not very impressive. If you want just looks, without much performance it's a reasonable choice. It also has a manual roof.

This is a pretty nice car too, I know a few people who have them that really like the car. It's a Cadillac XLR. A little to pricey for us for a "fun" car though.

xlrij7.jpg

If your referring to the Solstice, while a nice looking car the mechanicals on it are not very impressive. If you want just looks, without much performance it's a reasonable choice. It also has a manual roof.

This is a pretty nice car too, I know a few people who have them that really like the car. It's a Cadillac XLR. A little to pricey for us for a "fun" car though.

xlrij7.jpg

that caddy is sweet, but we need to stay under $20k on a 1-2 year old car.

the default choice is an '06 seibring. We rented an '07 in CA earlier this year and was horrible. especially the way the convertilbe took up the whole trunk

Thats a tight budget for a fairly new unique convertible. Did you try a Mustang? Just about all the convertibles use the majority of the trunk as roof storage. Not very practical cars really.

don't do fords. Price wise, that's what saying about the crossfire. plenty of them 1-2 years old low miles $16k-$20k. they come with 7/70 power train, what kind of problems have they been having?

don't do fords. Price wise, that's what saying about the crossfire. plenty of them 1-2 years old low miles $16k-$20k. they come with 7/70 power train, what kind of problems have they been having?

I'm not sure about problems, there is a place near us that deals in Chrysler and Nissan. We took a drive in both cars and there was no comparison really, they are just a seperate class of sportscar other than size, so we went with the Nissan.

I have not researched it, but my impression was they were a fairly relibale car built with a lot of Benz parts. For the price you listed I think it would be a fairly decent car though. Wait till you se the trunk in it. :laugh:

Archived