Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Joe Gibbs & Keenan McCardell's Comments

DMBAdict04

Just finished watching the interview, now THAT is the Joe Gibbs that I've been waiting to see.

I'm looking forward even more now to seeing how we play for all four quarters this Sunday.

:applause: :applause: :applause: Joe might look like a nice guy but I like it when he gets mad. We should have a winning season this year!!! (Here is to hope:cheers: ).

HTTR!!!

i think joe got on extremeskins..... saw what a bunch of morons were saying about him, and is now fired up

it was good to hear McC say nothing has changed.... hopefully all the Gibbs haters will now:stfu:

I know where your coming from. Getting sick of seeing Gibbs bashing by so called Skins fans. These so called fans state we have talent and we should be doing beter, however what they dont seem to realize is that Gibbs is the one that brought that talent here.

I liked McCardell's interview being the only player from Gibbs I era and being in the wings of Monk, Clark, and Sanders.

Does Gibbs look like he aged a lot over these past couple of years or does he just need to eat more?

Diabetics czn relly look thinner as they age , my. I have family members who can testify to that.

I suppose I fit into your "Gibbs hater" category, or at least your definition of it. Truth is I never have said that I hated Gibbs. In fact I have always said that I admire him for all he has accomlished over the years.

I just have one question for you, are you Dubya?? Seeing only those with you and those against you?? Besides that, McCardell with all due respect has not been here the whole time the last 4 years either. I don't think that qualifies him respectfully to make a credible evaluation of Joe Gibbs on game day.

Would love nothing better than to be wrong here. But until we start winning with confidence and playing in a steady rythm than I will stand fast with my perception that we play too conservatively and scared period.

Gee wiz I thought we were winning, man where have I been

I suppose I fit into your "Gibbs hater" category, or at least your definition of it. Truth is I never have said that I hated Gibbs. In fact I have always said that I admire him for all he has accomlished over the years.

I just have one question for you, are you Dubya?? Seeing only those with you and those against you?? Besides that, McCardell with all due respect has not been here the whole time the last 4 years either. I don't think that qualifies him respectfully to make a credible evaluation of Joe Gibbs on game day.

Would love nothing better than to be wrong here. But until we start winning with confidence and playing in a steady rythm than I will stand fast with my perception that we play too conservatively and scared period.

reading comprehension is your friend. McCardell said that Gibbs was the same coach now as he was back in 1991. it has nothing to do with the last 4 years.

I have no doubt Gibbs is putting in the same effort that he did during Era 1.

His passion for winning still goes unquestioned, at least by me.

But I do feel that he is not the same coach that he once was on the sideline and in gameplanning. Also the "master of the halftime adjustment" is no more.

reading comprehension is your friend. McCardell said that Gibbs was the same coach now as he was back in 1991. it has nothing to do with the last 4 years.

I fail to see why reading comprehension has anything to do with it. His comment was that how does McCardell, after only a few days, know what Gibbs is like. Gibbs has been coaching his second time back for 4 years, and McCardell has been part of the team for days. How many people do you know intimately after a couple days?

Perhaps the reading comprehension comment was directed at the wrong person...

Further that actually brings up an interesting point. How pathetic is it, that we are so desperate for any sign of a real team, that rather than look for it where most fans do(on the field), we look for it in the words of a newly signed aging vet. I would kill to see the day where Redskins fans only have to find their hope by their teams play on the field.

I fail to see why reading comprehension has anything to do with it. His comment was that how does McCardell, after only a few days, know what Gibbs is like. Gibbs has been coaching his second time back for 4 years, and McCardell has been part of the team for days. How many people do you know intimately after a couple days?

reread what McCardell said. and thenm reread the guys post. he wasnt understanding the gist of the statement.

My point being the last 4 years he has not been what he was in 91. That could be the only time McCardell could know what goes on the Redksins sideline and how they call the game or strategize the games. Perhaps you are the one that needs a brush up on reading comprehension dude.

Further that actually brings up an interesting point. How pathetic is it, that we are so desperate for any sign of a real team, that rather than look for it where most fans do(on the field), we look for it in the words of a newly signed aging vet. I would kill to see the day where Redskins fans only have to find their hope by their teams play on the field.

Peregrine, I don't think this fellow will ever get it anyway. He is a homer plain and simple. Out to bash anybody that offers some kind of reality check or even a differing opinion period.

keenan is a locker room guy and wouldnt say somthing negative at this point in his career

um...remember tampa bay?

"The 34-year-old wide receiver stayed away from training camp and vowed to sit out the entire season if the Bucs did not give him a substantial raise over the $2.5 million he was scheduled to earn under a contract that also would have paid him $2.75 million in 2005."

http://www.usatoday.com/sports/football/nfl/2004-10-19-chargers-buccaneers-trade_x.htm

Now there's a frightening thought. Joe Gibbs needing to read ES for motivation,(or ideas for that matter). That would be time for him to head for Dan's office with his playbook.

i see your point. gibbs is human so i doubt he's immune to the fans' perception of him. if it makes him a better coach, then i'm all for it.

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

I'm with you, ReneadeTK!

HTTR!

:cheers:

thank you...

ok, i agree we play too conservatively.... i dont think any real football fan could argue with that. however, critiquing gibbs and attacking him is completely different. im talking about the fans that blew up after a 2-1 start, the fans that started listing coaches to go after, the fans that said joe gibbs is senile, ect ect ect..... being critical and being a hater is 2 completely different things

people tend to forget the talent joe gibbs is responsible for bringing here. people forget the subpar (at best) team he inherited, and soon took to the playoffs.... i was attacking the guys on here with the short-term memory who cant look further back than the second half of the giants game

A lot of mixed reviews on this one...but I will say after looking over a lot of the responses I can say that it is logical to recognize the fact that McCardell hasn't been around long enough (the 2nd go around) to truly evaluate the Gibbs he is seeing today vs. the Gibbs of 1991. Like I said before though, it was good to see some fire in Gibbs' interview yesterday! HTTR and HTJG! -Wes

My point being the last 4 years he has not been what he was in 91. That could be the only time McCardell could know what goes on the Redksins sideline and how they call the game or strategize the games. Perhaps you are the one that needs a brush up on reading comprehension dude.

he said he was the same coach that he remembered from 91. plain and simple. it has nothing to do with the last 4 years. that was my point. maybe we just read it differently. either way i have no want or desire to argue with a fellow Skins fan on saturday night before a 1pm game on sunday.

:cheers:

and yes, i am a homer

I don't know about you guys, but the reporters should have asked Gibbs flat out "Who's doghouse is Brandon Lloyd in?" instead of beating around the bush. Sure, Gibbs would have probably denied him being in the doghouse. If you look at some of those 2006 clips on YouTube, Lloyd was making some downfield blocks. It didn't look like he wasn't trying. They might as well use him at least for blocking or as a decoy. They haven't even thrown to Thrash yet.

thank you...

people tend to forget the talent joe gibbs is responsible for bringing here. people forget the subpar (at best) team he inherited, and soon took to the playoffs.... i was attacking the guys on here with the short-term memory who cant look further back than the second half of the giants game

BINGO!

:applause: :applause: :applause:

If you take a look at every aspect of the team we are better now than before Gibbs. I understand everyone wants a winner now, but lets not forget what JG has done for us lately.

Archived