Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Some things need to be cleared up around here

TSO

Fine. But do we need another fire Joe Gibbs/What I hate about us/more thoughts on why we suck/and oh, did I mention we suck-type threads? There's a difference between ranting negativity and reasonable criticism. And we all know it when we see it. And you have to admit, there's been some wild, panicked stuff here lately. I'm all for good discussion, and there's no need for extra sugar. But the Cassandra-like screeds are getting old.

This is not aimed at you or your post, just a comment about the tone of extremeskins in the last 10 days.

PS on #9, I think that's a function of injuries to the Oline. I hope as the right side settles in, Cooley will be out in patterns more.

On #10, I guess I'm a "glass is half full" guy there, but I see your point.

fair enough. not pointing a finger at you -> but many of the "I'm tired of the negativity" posts land up moving in the same direction by labeling all the offending posters as morons, haters, etc. cmon now...who wants to read that kinda stuff? it's the same sort of negativity only with a different target!

good point on #9...I won't follow up with any comments on what that implies about depth! as for 10...I like JC also...but you have to admit....so far...he's not a passing threat that can take over a game.

stay cool man! :cheers:

1- Joe Gibbs says things in his press conferences and in public that he doesn't necessarily say to them team. This is well-documented. He never blasts a player in public, for instance, but will surely do so privately. The same goes for his words on opposing teams. He will NEVER say anything publically about another team that can be seen as negative in anyway. This, obviously, includes talking in a very confident manner about winning the next game. He just will not do that. He'll say things like "We hope we play hard and come out on top, but it's going to be close" even though deep down he does want to destroy each and every team. If you don't believe he wants to dominate, you're kidding yourself. Just stop it. It's ridiculous to see some of the posters who've been around here for some time now, who know Gibbs well, refer to his press conferences as an indication to how he wants this team to play. As if him saying "We'll always play close games" means he doesn't want to dominate, or that he tells the team the same thing. You should know better. Shame on you.

2- 90% of NFL games played today are close games. There are very few teams right now that are winning games and doing so with a large point differential. Yes, are team is as talented as those teams are, but at the same time, talent doesn't always mean success. Especially THAT kind of success. There are many factors that go into the outcome of a game. I just may be that we have been a little unfortunate where as they haven't. A few catches instead of drops here and there, Jason Campbell connecting with Moss deep instead of overthrowing him once in two games, and a few dropped INTs would've changed the outcome of all our games BIG TIME. Instead of a one socre game they would've been, at the very least, two scores. Instead of a loss against the Giants it would've been a win. The thing is, it just didn't happen... but we're trying. To blast the team and the coaches is foolish, especially at this point. We're 2-1, and we have nowhere to go but up.

3- We got some unfortunate injuries. Thomas and Jansen, no matter how well Fabini and Wade play, are missed dearly. Especially Thomas. His loss forces us to completely change our game plan, mainly in the run game. The fact that we're still competitive is a testament to how good our coahces are. Pretty much every team in the NFL that loses two of their starting offensive lineman are severely damaged for the season. That includes both the Patriots and the Cowboys. We've handled it better than any team in the NFL could've so far. Appreciate it. Be thankful. Don't bash Gibbs for the very fact that he has given us hope, something that's been missing here for a long time. This team CAN WIN. We all know it. They do too. When have we had that around here since Gibbs left? Exactly.

4- Stop freaking out because Dallas is winning. I believe that the fact that they are winning is the single biggest reason why everyone around here wants to kill Gibbs and this team. If they were losing, and we were at the top of the division right now... I have a funny feeling the Giants game wouldn't be such a downer to most people around here. Look, Dallas will lose a game. It'll come. We just gotta focus on ourselves. Who cares if they win the division with an awesome record. So long as we play well and make the playoffs with our own good record, we'll be fine. Our team has been consistently better than them come December and January. Don't think that'll change over night. They got the same players for the most part, and we do too. Our guys will come to play.

Great post! :applause::applause::applause:

I agree that our team is no different than any other. We have the tools, the coaches, and the weapons.. We just haven't figured out exactly how to bring it all together in unity. HTTR

So let me get this straight with all of you who seem to want Gibbs' head on a stick.

You think Gibbs is holding this team back? From what...a SB run? Dont be delusional.

We have a QB with what, 10 starts under his belt? Our offensive line is 60% different from last season when the running game thrived. Our defense is coming off one of the worst season long performances in recent memory.

Me personally, second half of the Giants game aside, am content with 2-1 at this point. This team is still evolving and hopefully can take another step forward this weekend against the Lions.

And on the subject of the Pats, Packers, and Cardinals, anyone can beat anyone in this league and it is completely foolish to predict 2-5 or 6-1 or anything in between.

The one think I know about this week is that the Lions throw the ball a lot on offense, get quite a few picks on defense and are generally involved in some shootouts.

My gameplan: Keep Sean Taylor in the deep middle, blitz Kitna from all sides, and run the ball down there throats to set up play action in the late second and early third quarter.

Its no question coaching is a concern all the way around , I love Williams but his style of thinking having an average-mediocre d-line is fine as long as you got several 1st round picks in the secondary is just blah

Saunders is hot and cold with the playcalling , and the cute little trick plays got to go.. we have not executed the basic plays to perfection so why try dumb tricks ?

Gibbs is the head man so he has to get it right and put some confidence in this team and get things more organized that what it is right now

all this being said .... we do have hope which is something we have not had in a long long time .. so I want to see the season play out ! I do admit tho I am not confident about ANY game being a win for us not even the Rams ... altho I think we can beat the teams on our schedule , we can easily lose to them as well ^ ^ but we shall see !

So let me get this straight with all of you who seem to want Gibbs' head on a stick.

You think Gibbs is holding this team back? From what...a SB run? Dont be delusional.

We have a QB with what, 10 starts under his belt? Our offensive line is 60% different from last season when the running game thrived. Our defense is coming off one of the worst season long performances in recent memory.

Me personally, second half of the Giants game aside, am content with 2-1 at this point. This team is still evolving and hopefully can take another step forward this weekend against the Lions.

And on the subject of the Pats, Packers, and Cardinals, anyone can beat anyone in this league and it is completely foolish to predict 2-5 or 6-1 or anything in between.

The one think I know about this week is that the Lions throw the ball a lot on offense, get quite a few picks on defense and are generally involved in some shootouts.

My gameplan: Keep Sean Taylor in the deep middle, blitz Kitna from all sides, and run the ball down there throats to set up play action in the late second and early third quarter.

hrmm well yea you are right but , in Dallas they have a QB with just a touch more exp , in a new system with completely new coaches and they seem do be doing ok ...

and I HOPE HOPE your plan works for the lions , but we have to be cautious with the blitz because when we blitz we tend to give up BIG plays and the lions are someone that will make us pay for it if we don't get to the QB when we blitz ! ... anyway lets do it sunday!

Snyder will not have to fire Gibbs ... the Coach is too classy and knows he is in over his head. Coaach will retire with grace after this abysmal year.

I find it quite sad that someone can say "this abysmal year" after only 3 games.

I'm not saying I think we're great. But I'm not willing to say it's an "abysmal year" just because of one loss to the Giants.

:doh:

Like it or not, Gibbs is on the hot seat this season and if we don't make the playoffs, I have a gut feeling that he's going to be headed back to NASCAR full-time.

So he had better find some confidence in this team and get things going in the right direction.

Snyder will never fire gibs, in fact if we make the playoffs he might try to extend his contract

It's funny to me that the same fans that thought we were on our way to the Super Bowl after we beat the Eagles, are the same ones that are calling for Gibbs to be fired two weeks later. What I suggest we do is be a little patient and see what happens. I never thought we would go undefeated anyway. Maybe some of you guys did.

I would hate to see what some of you guys would have done, if you had been the owner in 1981 when Gibbs was 0-5.

It's funny to me that the same fans that thought we were on our way to the Super Bowl after we beat the Eagles, are the same ones that are calling for Gibbs to be fired two weeks later. What I suggest we do is be a little patient and see what happens. I never thought we would go undefeated anyway. Maybe some of you guys did.

I would hate to see what some of you guys would have done, if you had been the owner in 1981 when Gibbs was 0-5.

amen......:cheers:

I would like to give the thread starter his due, and for all of the these doubters that in their 20's and below, I am so ashamed at the way you guys are acting. I would not like to be included in that bunch because, yes I am 20 but I chill with old heads, die hard skins fan. Not to mention I have done my homework on Joe Gibbs and watch all of his old highlights.

And let me give you doubters something to think about, If we would have got rid of Gibbs in 2005 at the point we were 5-6, we would have never made the playoffs, so don't you think it's a little absurd to count him out when we are above .500 at 2-1 ?

Snyder will not have to fire Gibbs ... the Coach is too classy and knows he is in over his head. Coaach will retire with grace after this abysmal year.
How is 2-1 an abysmal year? How about a reality check?
This team has for several years used the free agent approach to team building and that has led to their not being enough depth to overcome these types of injuries. There are no young players ready to step in on the line.
We have more depth on the Oline than the vast majority of teams. Heyer's not a young player ready to step in? In today's NFL, you're not going to have the depth that was once possible. A team loses the right side of its Oline and it'll have problems; that's true of virtually any team in the league. Buges has done an amazing job getting 2nd and 3rd stringers ready to step in.

1- Joe Gibbs says things in his press conferences and in public that he doesn't necessarily say to them team. This is well-documented. He never blasts a player in public, for instance, but will surely do so privately. The same goes for his words on opposing teams. He will NEVER say anything publically about another team that can be seen as negative in anyway. This, obviously, includes talking in a very confident manner about winning the next game. He just will not do that. He'll say things like "We hope we play hard and come out on top, but it's going to be close" even though deep down he does want to destroy each and every team. If you don't believe he wants to dominate, you're kidding yourself. Just stop it. It's ridiculous to see some of the posters who've been around here for some time now, who know Gibbs well, refer to his press conferences as an indication to how he wants this team to play. As if him saying "We'll always play close games" means he doesn't want to dominate, or that he tells the team the same thing. You should know better. Shame on you.

2- 90% of NFL games played today are close games. There are very few teams right now that are winning games and doing so with a large point differential. Yes, are team is as talented as those teams are, but at the same time, talent doesn't always mean success. Especially THAT kind of success. There are many factors that go into the outcome of a game. I just may be that we have been a little unfortunate where as they haven't. A few catches instead of drops here and there, Jason Campbell connecting with Moss deep instead of overthrowing him once in two games, and a few dropped INTs would've changed the outcome of all our games BIG TIME. Instead of a one socre game they would've been, at the very least, two scores. Instead of a loss against the Giants it would've been a win. The thing is, it just didn't happen... but we're trying. To blast the team and the coaches is foolish, especially at this point. We're 2-1, and we have nowhere to go but up.

3- We got some unfortunate injuries. Thomas and Jansen, no matter how well Fabini and Wade play, are missed dearly. Especially Thomas. His loss forces us to completely change our game plan, mainly in the run game. The fact that we're still competitive is a testament to how good our coahces are. Pretty much every team in the NFL that loses two of their starting offensive lineman are severely damaged for the season. That includes both the Patriots and the Cowboys. We've handled it better than any team in the NFL could've so far. Appreciate it. Be thankful. Don't bash Gibbs for the very fact that he has given us hope, something that's been missing here for a long time. This team CAN WIN. We all know it. They do too. When have we had that around here since Gibbs left? Exactly.

4- Stop freaking out because Dallas is winning. I believe that the fact that they are winning is the single biggest reason why everyone around here wants to kill Gibbs and this team. If they were losing, and we were at the top of the division right now... I have a funny feeling the Giants game wouldn't be such a downer to most people around here. Look, Dallas will lose a game. It'll come. We just gotta focus on ourselves. Who cares if they win the division with an awesome record. So long as we play well and make the playoffs with our own good record, we'll be fine. Our team has been consistently better than them come December and January. Don't think that'll change over night. They got the same players for the most part, and we do too. Our guys will come to play.

Could'nt put it any better great post! Problem is with this board no matter how much common sense you throw at this board sometimes theres alot of people who just have no clue and continue to bash gibbs and blame others for simple reasonings you just posted.

why all the doom and gloom...their 2-1. So many chicken littles around here. They are winning and things are some what better. QB is growing and still needs work but every body in the league thinks/knows he is legit. The one thing I hate about the post and this forum is how wacked out everybody gets win or lose. If they lose, everybody is chicken little, if they win they are going undefeated. They will play close games this year like every year, the thing is

we are going to win some of those games this year and its going to be fun..

When the skins play Dallas on the DEC 30th, its going to be the first

Skins - Dallas game that counted standings wise in 15 years!

Relax and enjoy!

Like it or not, Gibbs is on the hot seat this season and if we don't make the playoffs, I have a gut feeling that he's going to be headed back to NASCAR full-time.

So he had better find some confidence in this team and get things going in the right direction.

It will be on his own terms....I would not describe his situation as a "hot seat". He has enough sense and courtesy to know when his time has come. Either way you look at it he'll be done at the end of his contract, which is after next year's season. If we fall flat this year It will be his choice on whether or not to stay.

I would like to give the thread starter his due, and for all of the these doubters that in their 20's and below, I am so ashamed at the way you guys are acting. I would not like to be included in that bunch because, yes I am 20 but I chill with old heads, die hard skins fan. Not to mention I have done my homework on Joe Gibbs and watch all of his old highlights.

And let me give you doubters something to think about, If we would have got rid of Gibbs in 2005 at the point we were 5-6, we would have never made the playoffs, so don't you think it's a little absurd to count him out when we are above .500 at 2-1 ?

with all due respect...I think some of you are missing some of the subtleties here. It's not about doubt (except for the more extreme sorts I guess). There is a lot to be satisfied about. But it is entirely reasonable to ponder, especially after a loss, how can we do things better? what are the problem patterns? how can the average be improved to further advance the positive? folks sometimes coach their thouhgts in combustible language...but for the most part I accept it as a given that the preoccupation with problems is still wrapped in the larger expectation/hope for success and progress. otherwise, I will agree with you....what's the point? If the end state isn't winning Redskin football and success for our fans, coaches, players and organization....go someplace else!

Archived