Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

got to hang out with bmitch for awhile tonight

Brandon Lloyd Christmas

Did you spend a few minutes trying to boost his confidence? Someone needs to teach him to have a little more faith in himself and his opinions.

I actually think he is pretty insightful with the one drawback being that everything he says has the implication of "I could do it better."

I do agree with him about Carter though. Carter could have a ten-sack season and I would still think he is a lousy pass rusher.

Did you spend a few minutes trying to boost his confidence? Someone needs to teach him to have a little more faith in himself and his opinions.

I actually think he is pretty insightful with the one drawback being that everything he says has the implication of "I could do it better."

I do agree with him about Carter though. Carter could have a ten-sack season and I would still think he is a lousy pass rusher.

again, he loves talking about himself. everything was a story about how he did it better and how good he was. he was talking about how he only missed 1 game in his career, and i wanted to be like "dude, you returned punts, you didnt take abuse like a RB on a daily basis" but i wasnt about to do that haha.

again, he loves talking about himself. everything was a story about how he did it better and how good he was. he was talking about how he only missed 1 game in his career, and i wanted to be like "dude, you returned punts, you didnt take abuse like a RB on a daily basis" but i wasnt about to do that haha.

In all honsety, Mitchell might be the smartest guy ever in the NFL. He played for a million years. Made a fortune. Won a Super Bowl Ring. Holds records. Went a Pro Bowl. And his knees probably feel better than Clinton Portis' do right now.

His was a career to have.

BLC....do you need a napkin to wipe your chin off?

Aside from the other ignorance, you will come to understand this weekend why Portis at 5x the cost of Betts has been a farce......and why we should have pursued trading Portis and fresh rapper B Lloyd in an effort to get Calvin Johnson.

Betts led the league last season....Portis is mediocre....and at his salary--an embarrassment.

We keep bringing in failed receiver after failed reciever to eventually cut.

Calvin Johnson puts up over 120 yard against Rogers.......and hurts us.

Portis - 3 TDs, 4.7 average.

Betts - 0 TDs, 2.7 average.

Your Betts man love is out of control. By the way, lets see him average 125 yards/game the rest of the season to get that 1700 yards mentioned in your sig.

Portis - 3 TDs, 4.7 average.

Betts - 0 TDs, 2.7 average.

Your Betts man love is out of control. By the way, lets see him average 125 yards/game the rest of the season to get that 1700 yards mentioned in your sig.

i didnt even bother responding to his post. hes just upset that his sig looks like a statement from a crack addict. lol at betts putting up 1700.

portis is averaging 4.7 - the exact number betts did last year which got mcd5 rubbing himself all over the guy.

betts is averaging 2.7 and has looked weak. but lets forget about that, hes going for 1700 because he had one good month of football. haha

In all honsety' date=' Mitchell might be the smartest guy ever in the NFL. He played for a million years. Made a fortune. Won a Super Bowl Ring. Holds records. Went a Pro Bowl. And his knees probably feel better than Clinton Portis' do right now.

His was a career to have.[/quote']

but he never got the big money that some of the guys today did and i think hes a little bitter. he wasnt making huge NFL dollars as a special teams guy. hes obviously not poor, but he never came close to making CP money.

i didnt even bother responding to his post. hes just upset that his sig looks like a statement from a crack addict. lol at betts putting up 1700.

portis is averaging 4.7 - the exact number betts did last year which got mcd5 rubbing himself all over the guy.

betts is averaging 2.7 and has looked weak. but lets forget about that, hes going for 1700 because he had one good month of football. haha

I don't have anything against Betts, I think he's a great backup, but he's just no comparison to CP.

I think people may be forgetting that CP was not practicing during training camp and had no preseason carries. I wouldn't be surprised to see his work load go up once we get a little further into the season.

Once that happens with his YPC, and seeing how he is bound to break some long runs off, he was close in the Giant game, he will IMO be at least a top 10 back in the league, if not top 5.

I don't have anything against Betts, I think he's a great backup, but he's just no comparison to CP.

I think people may be forgetting that CP was not practicing during training camp and had no preseason carries. I wouldn't be surprised to see his work load go up once we get a little further into the season.

Once that happens with his YPC, and seeing how he is bound to break some long runs off, he was close in the Giant game, he will IMO be at least a top 10 back in the league, if not top 5.

this is what im thinking as well. lets hope hes rested enough and has his game legs back that he can make it happen for 22-25 carries a game.

You don't have to be one extreme or the other to be popular. Which B. Mitch should know. What a "homer" and a "hater" both have in common is blindness. Let's face it, this kind of blindness comes from arrogance or pride. Being 99.9% negative is not being completely objective, just as being 99.9% gung-ho isn't as well. There is a middle ground. Riggo has a good balance between being honest and not prideful, he doesn't act like he would do a better job calling plays or coaching, like the "haters" tend to appear to do. It would be tough to say if Riggo is either a homer or hater. B. Mitch it's not even a debate which he appears to be. I don't dislike B. Mitch, he's alright after a win.

:helmet:

So the other coaches think Saunders should be calling the plays solo as well?? This only validates everything we have been saying even more. Apparently the only person that is truly nuts is Gibbs. And, as if that's not bad enough, the mere notion that he might be telling GW to play prevent defenses makes me sick to my stomach. I truly hope that is not the case.

In reference to our HOF head coach, I'd like to quote the ancient prophet Ludacris: "Move *****, get out the way."

he said that al doesnt call the plays on his own, and that gibbs has input on them, and this is why our 2 minute drills suffer, and why theres sometimes confusion. he thinks saunders should run the offense on his own, and he also said hes talked to many coaches who thinks saunders should have complete control, especially since we brought him in to do exactly that.

thinks the team really lacks leadership and its one of the reasons we struggle at times. thinks we need more stable leadership than just whatever older FA we bring in. confused as to why guys like washington/portis/griffin arent considered leaders yet fletcher is already considered the leader on defense and hes been here 3 games (commented on troy vincent as well and wondered how he could be considered a leader even though he'd been on the team for 5 minutes).

hes a really nice guy, he loves telling stories about himself and all other stuff like that, but hes one intense dude and i bet he was a real team guy back in the day that got others fired up.

Thanks for posting - it was a good read and I think I enjoyed hearing more what B Mitch had to say to you than what he usually has to say to his tv/radio audience. lol.

Interesting comments from him on the lack of leadership within the team. He makes a good point I think when he questions why new older FA's are instantly considered leaders here rather than players like Portis, Washington, and Griffin, who I believe were also considered leaders in the past. Gibbs mentions quite a bit about who the "leaders" are on the team, but what gets me is how we drop leaders and pick them up seasonly - or at least every other season. But I'm not sure if this is part of B Mitch's point anyway. I guess I'm wondering why the players mentioned above aren't as much now as they were. Could it be morale during the Gibbs II era, along with that thing that's been driving us nuts for a long time - a lack of who and what we are as a team that's causing these never ending growing pains?

On the Saunders/Gibbs issue I just can't make up my mind - last year most of us wanted more Gibbs and less Saunders, now it's seems a lot of people (including myself more lately) are wanting to see what would happen if Saunders were in total control of the offense.

Damn it's hard to be a Redskins fan. :laugh: It can drive a person nuts. :2cents:

BLC, thanks for sharing. I hope you play for the Skins soon, maybe he just saw some potential in you. They could use you.

So it sounds like Gibbs is harming the offense and the defense. That's not real good. If he isn't letting Saunders go, and he's telling Williams how to run HIS defense. Why do these two coaches stick around. It's only going to harm there chances of getting head coaching jobs if they are associated with bad units. Williams has been okay so far, but if they keep playing mini-prevent, the offenses today will kill us. If he reads extremeskins he knows people call him ****ell. Lol. .

BLC, thanks for sharing. I hope you play for the Skins soon, maybe he just saw some potential in you. They could use you.

So it sounds like Gibbs is harming the offense and the defense. That's not real good. If he isn't letting Saunders go, and he's telling Williams how to run HIS defense. Why do these two coaches stick around. It's only going to harm there chances of getting head coaching jobs if they are associated with bad units. Williams has been okay so far, but if they keep playing mini-prevent, the offenses today will kill us. If he reads extremeskins he knows people call him ****ell. Lol. .

i did torch a 60 year old man for a TD yesterday, maybe the danny was there, i got a call from a unknown 301 number haha :cheers:

Nice reporting you lucky dog. BLC, just wondering when we should start calling you James Thrash Christmas?

he also said mccardell will be here on sunday.

Did you ask if we're trading Mark Brunell to make room on the roster for McCardell?*

*refers to the "breaking news" BMitch and Brett Haber provided about the impending Brunell trade during one of the preseason games.

oh something i forgot. he didnt confess nor did i ask, but he HAS to read this site. he refered to warrick holdman as "highway 57" and i find it impossible to believe he got that from somewhere else other than here.

Did he make any Area51 references?

And we can pretty much be sure you didn't accidentally call him "****ell" because you made it home to start this thread.

Archived