Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

NY Post article, Burress fired Up from Skins Trash talking

Skinsinparadise

And if the Giant had lost it would not have been a concern.

I don't remember any players saying the game was a walk-over, just us fans. Players hear what they want to hear and Plexaglass just translated comments in to his understanding of the situation and his frustration at being 0-2. It actually shows that he is more concerned about his team than I thought he was.

How many times have we seen players fresh from winning a Super Bowl saying something along the lines of "Nobody thought we could win it" and their team was favored by 4 points? They have to believe that to really play with the necessary chip on the shoulder.

they won the game. Fortunately I think our players took the loss exceptionally hard...

Hopefully they'll listen to Gibbs the next time he warns them that any team could defeat us on any Sunday. Maybe they'll come out of the locker room with a lead next time and just bury the other team. Then the experience with the Giants will have been a blessing in disguise.

Defintitely agree with you guys with the lack of intensity coming out the second half. For example, the Dolphins game they scored right before the half which was rough. Then we came out the second half, drove right down the field and scored.

maybe we should just plan to be losing at half-time so we can win games.

I'll ignore the condescending tone of your post and chalk it up to us all having a frustrating debate or perhaps me misreading the tone. To your points.

My posts in this thread aren't directed solely at you. I do think there is a lot of overreaction going on, which pretty much always happens after any loss. If pointing that out comes across as condescending, well, sorry.

First of all the orginal poster which was me said "I am not in the camp" of believing the sky is failling. You imply that the opposite was said to make it look like we are off our rockers -- while I admire it from a debating tactic, that's all it is.

I think all I did was repeat things that have been said by others in this thread. That's it. If that came across as people being off their rockers that's not my fault.

The funny thing is that some of the people who are upset at the people who are upset -- seem much more angry and sarcastic than we are why not cool down and have a real debate here.

Again, I'm not the one saying things like we choose to be bad, or we never get amped up for games, or we lack any sort of passion or fire whatsoever. Those are ridiculous comments. They don't make me upset. I started out in this thread simply by pointing out that we got amped up for philly, that we played with a lot of passion in that game, which basically contradicts the claim that we NEVER do that. We did it last week. Then poeple started adding and amending their gripes so I addressed those. Somehow I'm the one getting hot and bothered? Nah.

I don't recall most of these posts talking about how the Skins are an elite team. I think we all know that teams even good teams lose games, and teams don't play with the same intensity every game -- yep you are stating the obvious I am gathering to make the point about how oblivious we are to even the most basic football realities.

Again, I said what I did in response to the above blanket statements, which wouldn't have been made if what I said was so obvious.

The problem I have with the loss is explained in my previous post. I don't have the energy and interest to repeat it again. If you disagree with it, cool for you, to each their own, but I am not angry at the people I disagree with.

I actually don't disagree with you all that much. This team isn't that great. Maybe because I didn't think we were going to be all that great in the offseason I'm not shocked and dismayed when we lose a game now. I don't know. But when I disagree with some of the more obvious overreactions I might say so once in awhile. Just a fair warning.

Though I'll try not to sound too cranky about it.

My posts in this thread aren't directed solely at you. I do think there is a lot of overreaction going on, which pretty much always happens after any loss. If pointing that out comes across as condescending, well, sorry.

Thanks though nothing to be sorry about, I don't take a Redskins debate personally. I wasn't referring to you pointing out people's overreaction but the 101 football lecture you were given as if we don't get it -- implying we aren't too bright.

I think all I did was repeat things that have been said by others in this thread. That's it. If that came across as people being off their rockers that's not my fault.

Maybe that's what you meant to say but you referred specfically to the original post which was mine implying that I said the sky is falling while I flat out said EXACTLY THE OPPOSITE.

Again, I'm not the one saying things like we choose to be bad, or we never get amped up for games, or we lack any sort of passion or fire whatsoever. Those are ridiculous comments. They don't make me upset. I started out in this thread simply by pointing out that we got amped up for philly, that we played with a lot of passion in that game, which basically contradicts the claim that we NEVER do that. We did it last week. Then poeple started adding and amending their gripes so I addressed those. Somehow I'm the one getting hot and bothered? Nah.

I got to go back and read other people's quotes but I know I never said that. Quite the opposite. What I said was that we do seem to get amped up for some games but less so for others. If I had to pick a pattern it would be coming off of big wins there is a let down, take for example what we did the following games last season after those big wins against Dallas and Jacksonville, the next games weren't pretty. Last season The Skins seemed flat in the third quarter in a lot of games at least juding by the scoreboard. Could be coincidence, who knows.

Your point about teams not playing with intensity game to game is true to an extent but the really good teams can get on a roll, it isn't ALWAYS win one week or two weeks and lose the next. Some even say that the mark of a good and especially a great team is to keep it going and get on a roll by winning, where you feed off of the success. Dallas so far seems to be playing that way.

Again, I said what I did in response to the above blanket statements, which wouldn't have been made if what I said was so obvious. I actually don't disagree with you all that much. This team isn't that great. Maybe because I didn't think we were going to be all that great in the offseason I'm not shocked and dismayed when we lose a game now. I don't know. But when I disagree with some of the more obvious overreactions I might say so once in awhile. Just a fair warning. Though I'll try not to sound too cranky about it.

No harm in disagreeing, I just think the tone was somewhat you guys are too cranky and cool off but you yourself seemed cranky. But as to tone when it comes to blogs its pure guessing since we aren't looking at each other while we are communicating, so I'll take your word for it.

Yeah I think the point here at least for most of us isn't that they lost and how its the end of the world. Yeah you are going to lose and yeah life moves on. It's that a lot of aspects of this lost was a painful reminder of how some of the games went down last year.

The last game of the season against the Giants was a lost but the way it was played didn't leave a lot of questions: no 2 minute drill screw ups, conservative play calling -- we let it rip in that game, etc. If they lost in that fashion, maybe some people would be griping why are we throwing to David Patten as opposed to the usual player makers in the last drive, what's wrong with our run defense, but otherwise things would be cooler I think or at least there were more signs to feel good about.

In that last game the Giants got their hands on a great pass to Randle El and the game ended. Redskins played well in bunches, Giants played a little better. I doubt we'd have AS much angst if a game unfolded like that last Sunday. This game was different. Even THE NY papers are questioning Gibbs and give credit to the Giants win to poor coaching on the Skins end.

So, I don't think we are coming way out of left field here.

Maybe that's what you meant to say but you referred specfically to the original post which was mine implying that I said the sky is falling while I flat out said EXACTLY THE OPPOSITE.

I guess I'm being too cryptic then. I was saying that to remind everyone that, like you said, the sky isn't falling. :) Now that you've spelled out it out for me I can see how you'd think otherwise.

I got to go back and read other people's quotes but I know I never said that. Quite the opposite. What I said was that we do seem to get amped up for some games but less so for others.

Now it's my turn to repeat myself. :)

I didn't say you said that. My original post wasn't directed at you at all. I only started talking to you when you started talking to me. Since you jumped in on the side of the folks who DID say those things, well, I lumped you in with them. If you wish me to un-lump now, consider it done.

If I had to pick a pattern it would be coming off of big wins there is a let down, take for example what we did the following games last season after those big wins against Dallas and Jacksonville, the next games weren't pretty. Last season The Skins seemed flat in the third quarter in a lot of games at least juding by the scoreboard. Could be coincidence, who knows.

Yes that is all true. Like I said orignially when I was stating the obvious :), most teams are like that. Only real good (I think I used the term 'elite') teams avoid ups and downs like that. And we aren't elite.

Your point about teams not playing with intensity game to game is true to an extent but the really good teams can get on a roll, it isn't ALWAYS win one week or two weeks and lose the next. Some even say that the mark of a good and especially a great team is to keep it going and get a roll by winning, where you feed off of the success. Dallas so far seems to be playing that way.

Well, see, there you go. I think I've said that very thing a few times now. I agree. This team is not an elite team. If that's what you expect from a team that hasn't won more than 10 games in 15 years, well, I don't know what to tell you.

We just ain't that great. It shouldn't come as a big shock though.

Anyway, we're talking in circles now. I'm done. Just remember everyone, the great thing about Football is there's always next week. :)

Anyway, we're talking in circles now. I'm done. Just remember everyone, the great thing about Football is there's always next week. :)

Fair enough, good debate, yeah lets the beat the Lions. Just got to ask a question to Joe Gibbs on redskins lunch which was fun, asked him about halftime adjustments. As much as the Skins frustrate me at times, I am not even remotely in the Gibbs has to go camp. He's a great guy and brought me the best memories about this team. True legend.

Burress is an idiot. I saw his interivew on the NFL network and he was speaking out his butt. WHo were those skins trash talking players there Plexi glass??? Sounded to me like Burress was doing most of the trash talking after the fact.Things like "We (the Giants)beat them twice last year and they knew we could be beat them." ALmost like the skins should be afraid of the Giants. Its real easy to preach and say you won cause the other team motivated you. However if we would have scored that last touchdown and won in overtime what would he have said??? They talked trash and we were mad but..........uhh.....I had a bad ankle which made me drop alot of balls in the first half. Plexico made that crap up simply cause it makes for a good story and makes it sound like they were on some sort of mission.

I want the Eagles to crush the Giants this week just to shut his pie hole.

Archived